It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 310
<< 307  308  309    311  312  313 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Natalia Melnychuk @pravolivo Another Russian journo says one of the armed man in #Sloviansk is a Russian spetsnaz fighter he'd seen in #Simferopol #Crimea #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by asen_y2k

If this is in fact Russia invading, I am curious what the reaction will be from the west. I am also wondering how many more chances they give Putin before they come to the realization that they are behind the curve and that sanctions are not working as intended.

There will be more, tougher and tougher sanctions till Ukraine no longer exists and i need a Russian visa to stay here.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine BREAKING: Elite #Russian paratroopers conducted the initial operation inside #Sloviansk. Russian invasion of mainland #Ukraine has begun. 8 mins ago 29 retweets |

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Ukraine Reporter @StateOfUkraine BREAKING: Elite #Russian paratroopers conducted the initial operation inside #Sloviansk. Russian invasion of mainland #Ukraine has begun. 8 mins ago 29 retweets |

pro-#Kremlin forces seized a police station in #Kramatorsk, #Donetsk region, eastern #Ukraine

A #Russian officer (ret) has identified heavily armed men in #Sloviansk as Russian paratroopers, here are some pics: inforesist.org/v-slavyanske-r…

edit on 12/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Alexander Marquardt @MarquardtA Donetsk too. #Ukraine RT @SimonOstrovsky Fighter jet just buzzed Luhansk 6 mins ago 8 retweets | 3 replies

Natalia Melnychuk @pravolivo Fighter jets reportedly flying over #Donetsk and #Luhansk. #Ukraine 1 min ago 3 retweets |

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 26m
Ukraine said on Saturday it was suspending payments to Russia for deliveries of gas

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Its official, the invasion has started

Leading Ukrainian security expert confirms that #Russia's military is conducting operations in eastern #Ukraine facebook.com/dmitry.tymchuk…

Sami Logan @Sami_logan Just now i saw Russian Military aircraft in #Luhansk/#Lugansk sky. #Ukraine #voa #CNN #reuters #bbc #aljazeera #AlJazeeraenglish #news 18 mins ago 13 retweets | 1 replies

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Merde.

Are they credible sources?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Not yet, they are all quiet. All news from journalists in the area.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Pics of suspected Russian paratroopers in Ukraine

The first one is from Crimea and the second pic from Slovyansk. They are identically uniformed.

There were reports of the paratroopers being pulled out of Crimea.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

asen_y2k

The first one is from Crimea and the second pic from Slovyansk. They are identically uniformed.

not only identically uniformed!

IT'S the SAME Guy!

Russian version of RAMBO I suppose.

not good for his enemies...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

demus

asen_y2k

not only identically uniformed!

IT'S the SAME Guy!

Russian version of RAMBO I suppose.

not good for his enemies...

Well, i cant say if its the same guy, but this shows that Russia has boots on the ground in mainland Ukraine. Well, lets see how the Ukrainian government reacts. Will they counter attack or will the go French.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Another town has fallen.

We're getting reports that pro-#Kremlin forces have seized a govt building in #Druzhkivka, another small town in the #Donetsk region

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Former Crimean Tatar leader, Turkey preparing surprise for Russian occupants

"Indeed, we discussed the situation, for Turkey cares about the fate of Crimea not only historically - 10 times more Crimean Tatars are living in its territory, than in the peninsula. But I will tell nothing about the agreements reached - let it be a surprise for the occupying authorities of Crimea," Jemilev said.

He added that Erdogan had a conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin, during which the latter said Turkey was closely following the situation in Crimea and the Turkish people would not allow the country's leadership to remain in the role of a mere observer.

Turkey joins in now...

All Warfare Is Based Upon Deception | Sun Tzu and The Art of War[/ex[

edit on 12-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Olga Tokariuk @olgatokariuk Just like in #Crimea RT @MarquardtA: Teams from BBC and @AFP assaulted today by pro-Russians at seized Sloviansk police station. #Ukraine 26 mins ago 18 retweets |

Agence France-Presse @AFP RT @franblandy: Had to escape from pro-Russian militants around occupied police HQ in Slavansk, grabbed us,dragged towards building #Ukraine 19 mins ago 21 retweets |

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Turkey joins in now...

I have a bad feeling this is the start of toppling dominoes.

I really didn't think they'd actually invade. At all.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
One more town in Russian hands

pro-#Kremlin forces seized a police station in #KrasnyiLyman - another small town in #Donetsk region, eastern #Ukraine

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

khimbar

Xcathdra

Turkey joins in now...

I have a bad feeling this is the start of toppling dominoes.

I really didn't think they'd actually invade. At all.

Since the mess began Turkey has made some interesting choices in addition to comments.

When Putin went down the road of Crimea and that is was always Russian, Turkey responded and pointed out that Crimea was a part of the Ottoman Empire and that Turkey has claims to Crimea.

Turkey is allowing NATO vessels into the Black Sea and Putin is torqued over it. There is an agreement that foreign vessels can only remain in the Black sea for around 21 days. They are also limited as to what type / number of ships are presnt.

If things go south, the price Putin paid for Crimea might be muted should Turkey close the bosphorus.

Turkey also made comments about reserving the right to protect Tartars, using the same language as Putin.

Turkey has also had to scramble aircraft to monitor Russian surveillance aircraft.

Some analyst was commenting on NATO and Russia, speculating that the West's / NATO's actions thus far is to try and get Putin to blink and back off. For some reason don't think its going to happen.
edit on 12-4-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Theres a Russian checkpoint 25 miles out of Slovyansk, with military trucks etc.

Pic

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Screenshot of video, strictly no filming, i had to hide behind bushes in cemetery + zoom. 25 miles outside Sloviansk. pic.twitter.com/YXFSolbzdt

Another pic

top topics

<< 307  308  309    311  312  313 >>

join