It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

SubTruth

andy1972

SubTruth
reply to post by andy1972

Look up the definition of a super power......Russia is not a super power they are a regional power. Right now in the world only the US is a super power and that could change in the next decade.
edit on 2-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

Look up the definition of a democracy...and then look at the democracy that the USA has taken to Iraq and Afghanistan..
Things arn't always what they appear to be.

Really.......Let me straighten you out. I believe the world is ruled by Oligarchies and that includes the US and the EU and ya even Russia. So take you weak arguments and use them on the next guy.

And by the way Russia is not a super power.............Gotta love internet logic.
edit on 2-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

Pedantics, now go back to wikipedia and make your donation..

It's one of the largest and most powerful nations on earth, and i don't care if by a technicality it enters the superpower league or not..it's still up there.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Wookiep
reply to post by andy1972

I think maybe you mis-understood the point of my post to you. I was referring to this part -

why the USA and Europe currently have their balls up around their ears then??

They don't seem to care, much less have their balls around anything..

Im quite in agreement..
They're not bothered because they provoked this situation to teach the Ukraine a lesson.
However things could go wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Its official, drafting has started-

Secretary of the National Security and Defense Andrew Parubiy calls all calls for service to respond to mobilization points and military. "Paragraph 3 (NSDC decision - 24), which refers to conducting educational meetings with military service, said that the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine is across all military service, which currently require the Armed Forces of Ukraine" - he said at the briefing and explained what was going on NSDC decision point, which speaks of holding educational meetings. Parubiy explained that the mobilization centers and military office 'cause the men of military service, which is necessary to the Ministry of Defence. " He said that the National Security Council invites all who is the Ministry of Defence, to arrive at a certain time and a certain place where they invite military. "We need a single host, we believe that the discipline and coordination is extremely important," - he said.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
They're drafting because in Kiev they know that this is the Alamo.
They now know that NATO and the EU wont lift a finger to help, just to wag dissaprovingly at Russia.
This is one fight the Ukraine is in alone.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
If this does turn into an actual war and the EU and the US just sits on the sidelines and do nothing then I'm going to be very hacked off.

edit on 2-3-2014 by cyberheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I believe that the referendum in the Crimea on March 30 will put everything in its place. Current illegitimate power in Kiev, Yanukovich has toppled to disrupt the referendum. Russia aims to support pro-Russian forces in the Crimea, as the results of the referendum is a high probability that separates from the Crimea in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

statifik
I believe that the referendum in the Crimea on March 30 will put everything in its place. Current illegitimate power in Kiev, Yanukovich has toppled to disrupt the referendum. Russia aims to support pro-Russian forces in the Crimea, as the results of the referendum is a high probability that separates from the Crimea in Ukraine.

Its not only Crimea now, eastern cities like Donetsk have also announced referendum.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

I’ve been out of the general news loop for a while now. Now that I’m ‘back in’ there’s war.
I’ve tried to ‘get to the bottom’ of WHY this is happening - and I’m having no luck - not do I believe in all reasoning what main stream media has to say.
If you have the time and you’re willing? Would you be kind enough to tell me why you believe Putin is taking this step - OR - point me to an article that you believe is as truthful as can be that will feed me the information.

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date and my prayers are with you for your safety,

peace

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

ken10
I'm pretty sure pro-Russian Ukrainians have called upon Russia to help them, I think its the western imposters that are accusing Russia of intervention.....I believe the Ukraine will split between East and West, The thing is will it be peaceful ?

Wow I do t know weather to laugh or cry.. But ok ken lmao

Next time there are riots In The UK I'll dress up as A Frenchmen and call on the French government to come and take control of my street see how that goes down ehh?

Not sure if you're serious or joking tbh but you sure do need to stop the laudable BS and engage your brain before you speak

Firstly nobody has the right to send troop into another country without permission form The government of that country regardless if they have interests of a military base... Try just over the fence next door for your football and see how that goes I'm sure they'd be over the moon about your intrusions without knocking... It's common sense ken you know?

Secondly it was the pro Russia ethnic groups in Ukraine along with Russian naval troops protesting in the Crimea and in reflectively small numbers who are the IMPOSTORS here and only a blind man could miss that, This doesn't not justify a military invasion into a country without permission and neither was they being attacked by anyone, it was the pro west protesters numbering in there hundreds of thousands who the Ukrainian government where cracking down on so perhaps you're confused?

This won't lead to a split the Ukrainians boarders, the Crimea and East remain Ukrainian and the recent riots does not give any country to seize there lands and boarders until Russia prises them out of there hands through war

Now I'd suggest you pull your head out he sand and get up to speed perhaps try read some news from some credible news sources instead of anti west propaganda forums lol [snip]

edit on 2-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/3/14 by masqua because: Removed personal attack

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

andy1972
They're drafting because in Kiev they know that this is the Alamo.
They now know that NATO and the EU wont lift a finger to help, just to wag dissaprovingly at Russia.
This is one fight the Ukraine is in alone.

The reasons for such behavior in Europe and the United States are clear. Ukraine was necessary only as a supplier of consumers within the association with the EU. fragmented and impoverished oligarchic Ukraine they do not need, it's only hearth trouble. Western Ukraine has always been subsidized part of the country, the majority of production is concentrated in Eastern Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
No one knows whats going on. I will take all information presented at this point in time with a grain of salt. The propaganda machines are hard at work.

All this info/disinfo/propaganda is called the fog of war. The fog is dense at the moment and we will only be able to see what happened when it clears.

I think a split of east and west Ukraine is very possible. One thing is for certain, Russia will not give up its newly annexed peninsula and has a opportunity to annex eastern Ukraine too like in Georgia. Russia has the moral high ground here, they will be 'entitled' to protect ethnic Russians, the Georgian conflict gave Russia the right after the attack by the Georgians.

As for Americans, I don't know if they will do anything but Putin HAS to check the American advance like in Georgia. Russia is in a position where they HAVE to send troops over their border, failure to do so will bring NATO and US encirclement closer.

China cannot allow Russia to fall or loose territorial integrity as China will be encircled even more. If push comes to shove China will have to be dragged in to fighting. Now will they reinforce the European front or open a Pacific front and make the West fight two fronts? Will South American nations open another front in South America?

As most of us here are westerners and probably young and never experienced a draft what will you do if drafted? I for one will not fight for Obama/US/EU interests at all and I don't think the young western population has the will power for WW3

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
In my opinion this thread title is slightly misleading. Neither leader from Russia or Ukraine has come out and said "We are declaring war!". What Russia has done has been very smart and tactful thus far, they have, by all accounts invaded the Crimea. The latest reports are now saying telecommunications are down in Crimea due to the Russians. However, I don't think it will be too long before we see a full scale war.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Just in after the closed parliament session

Parliament appealed to the guarantor countries and confirmed the transfer of the Armed Forces in full combat readiness

During the closed session of the parliament on Sunday adopted three resolutions. This gave the corresponding UE with paralmentu. In particular, Parliament appealed to the states guarantor under the Budapest Memorandum ensure the territorial integrity of Ukraine. Parliament also expressed solidarity with the armed forces of Ukraine and MAT transfer declared in full combat readiness. The Supreme Council anticipated the need to form a group for talks with Russia. During his speech in Parliament, Prime Minister Yatsenyuk called for a diplomatic solution to the conflict with a view to "fold superiority of the armed forces of the armed forces of Ukraine." He also said that in recent years carried out a deliberate actions to undermine the national security of Ukraine. Talking about his conversation with Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, Yatsenyuk said that he justified the decision to use armed forces' attacks on the Russian population in Ukraine. " According to the Ukrainian prime minister, he asked Medvedev to give specific examples, but instead did not hear any of them.

edit on 2/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Calls for international monitors from the Ukraine parliament. There's calls for monitors at the nuclear power plants.

live.aljazeera.com...

Ukraine's parliament called for international monitors to help protect its nuclear power plants

Hryhoriy Nemyria, a member of parliament, said the assembly appealed to the signatories of a 1994 nuclear treaty that guaranteed Ukraine's safety -- including the United States, the United Kingdom and Russia. [Reuters]

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

cyberheater
If this does turn into an actual war and the EU and the US just sits on the sidelines and do nothing then I'm going to be very hacked off.

edit on 2-3-2014 by cyberheater because: (no reason given)

I'm sure if the EU and the US escalate it into a Third World War with Nukes flying left right and centre you'll be even more Hacked off...
Be carefull here.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Personal update. Friends, people around me are in shock as they heard they are being drafted in. Mood in this country is very bad at this moment.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

What side is drafting? Western Ukraine? The new Kiev government??

link   

Wow. Sounds like things are about to get real..Thanks again for the updates...
edit on 2-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   

asen_y2k
Personal update. Friends, people around me are in shock as they heard they are being drafted in. Mood in this country is very bad at this moment.

Will they respond and will the draftees in the East respond. If you have that info. Thank you for the continued professional updates. Nice to separate your personal responses from media responses. I am impressed.

P

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

LookAtThisMarsRock

What side is drafting? Western Ukraine? The new Kiev government??

General announcement. Everyone knows that drafting has been declared, but no one is packing yet. I will get you guys more news as I get them. I am not Ukrainian national, so i will not directly be contacted or affected. Cant get thru to a friend who can be drafted in. Once i do, i will be posting here.
edit on 2/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join