It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 285
<< 282  283  284    286  287  288 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Wookiep
reply to post by asen_y2k

Yeah, it's too bad really, no matter what Ukraine does they're set up to look like the bad guys. All the while Russia looking like the innocent good guy. Lot's of people buying it too as evidenced on here.

Yeap, all those people with out molotov cocktails and guns, peacefully assembling to state their will and vote for their self determination, damn, they just look so damn innocent when they are supporting Russia, and it's the Fascist pro US/EU usurpers in Kiev that are made out to look like the bad guys.

What a shame, yet another young Fascist regime is falling apart before it can take root, what is this world coming to when so many people are wishing for the NWO Nazi Reich but the minority of hypocrites refuse to live in a civilized democracy.

Shame, to some, to others, a new beginning with out the cult of lies.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

rigel4
reply to post by asen_y2k

I'm really getting tired of Putin and his flash mob
agitators..
Whats wrong with Russians that they need to invade and conquer.
Get real Putin and keep your gangsters at home.. you're
fooling no-one.

rigel4
Thanks for your dedication in keeping us informed..
I'm getting more and more angry by the minute.

Despising Putin right now.

You have been telling this all along for the last month, why the spam now?
You have been despising him for long enough, no need for the spam. Besides, whats wrong with the western powers that they need to invade and subdue for no apparent reason(other than greed)?
Get your head out of your bottom, having it there is not helping you at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

rigel4
Thanks for your dedication in keeping us informed..
I'm getting more and more angry by the minute.

Despising Putin right now.

You keep on getting angry about all those people voting for freedom buddy, and despising Putin for not letting US/NATO bomb the crap out of them like it was done in Yugoslavia.

That makes me feel really, really great, because that's called poetic justice.

edit on 7-4-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

We're getting information (will try to double check) that core group inside govt building in #Donetsk is from #Russia, has training/weapons

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

pro-#Kremlin group in #Odessa #Ukraine failed to capture any buildings and was stopped by local pro-Ukraine activists. Everything quiet now.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
There are conflicting reports on Twitter suggesting that some/all flights towards Donestk have been cancelled. A Telegraph reporter tweeted that his plane from Moscow was cancelled. I've not seen any reports of Ukraine actively doing anything about these thugs working on behalf of Russia apart from driving their supposed 'elite' special forces around.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
More on Kharkiv declaring independence:

In the pro-Russian rally in Kharkiv, which met at the RSA, separatist MPs have expressed distrust of the Kharkiv regional council. In addition, a list of names read out the people who signed the "alternative deputies" and intend to hold a session to schedule a referendum. Among the "alternate deputies" - Konstantin Dolgov, Egor Logvinov, Eugene Hutkov, Vitaly Sattarov, Pavel Tishchenko and others. "Alternative deputies" could not go into the building of the regional administration, for the passage is blocked by the police. In this regard, they held a so-called "session" straight into the lobby of the building. They announced several decisions. "Acting Kharkiv Regional Council" The Council of Deputies Kharkov territorial community "(so called separatists your body) decided to create a sovereign state entitled" Kharkiv People's Republic "that" build relations with other states under international law. " This decision, as stated separatists shall enter into force after the approval of the total regional referendum. In addition, the decision "to appeal to the President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych" so that it legitimized a collection of his papers, and the Government of the Russian Federation with a request to ensure peaceful conduct of the referendum in the Kharkiv region as mediators. Then one of the "alternative" Egor Loginov announced that half the protesters to leave the building SBU Mironositskaya. As you know, on Monday evening pro-Russian participants of mass rallies in Kharkov "scattered" protesters at a single center in Ukraine in Kharkiv, a man and a woman - the sole protesters Ukraine - have a head injury .

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Radio chatter reveals two groups in #Donetsk: scared voices that appear to be locals and confident voices that appear to be #Russians

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

ProfessorT
There are conflicting reports on Twitter suggesting that some/all flights towards Donestk have been cancelled. A Telegraph reporter tweeted that his plane from Moscow was cancelled. I've not seen any reports of Ukraine actively doing anything about these thugs working on behalf of Russia apart from driving their supposed 'elite' special forces around.

Looks like the makings of a classic military showdown at Donestk are coming together.

May all come down to which side either blinks, or shoots first.

Could be the opportunity the Kremlin is looking for...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Russia, the US, the EU and the coup-imposed Kiev authorities will hold a crisis meeting on resolving the situation in Ukraine “within the next 10 days,” said the US State Department spokesperson, Jen Psaki. The direct talks were agreed upon by Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and US Secretary of State John Kerry.

RT

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I have to hand it to Putin and his ilk the plan is working.............I wonder if any of them factored in how much this is going to cost Russia in the long run. The cost of keeping this new land afloat is going to be pricy. They are already begging for money and saying they need help.

It would be like America taking over Cuba the cost would be off the chart. But I am sure Russia with all it's vast wealth can handle it...........Time will tell.
edit on 7-4-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

ProfessorT

This is part of the rock and the hard place Ukraine is in. If you don't fight, you basically surrender your country. If you do fight, you're deemed "aggressors" and Russian tanks roll in. The country is going to be ripped apart, the only thing left will be Kiev and who knows what will even happen there.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Attempt to take over security service building starts in Kharkiv:

Euromaidan PR @EuromaidanPR BREAKING State Security office (SBU) in #Kharkiv under assault now. Pro-#russian separatists don't give up - channel 5 | PR News #Ukraine 9 mins ago 30 retweets |

edit on 7/4/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Rep. Pompeo: NATO not prepared to prevent Putin from moving deeper into Ukraine

Pompeo, who just returned from a congressional visit to Poland and Ukraine, said he saw “NATO forces who are not prepared to do enough to prevent Vladimir Putin from moving [further] into Ukraine.”

This weekend saw major protests in the eastern part of the country with pro-Russian activists calling for Moscow to intervene.

“I would be shocked if that was spontaneous … That showed the clear hand of the Russians in provoking these kind of protests to make this idea that it’s ok for the Russians to move in to protect Russian-ethnic interests,” said Pompeo, who serves on the House Intelligence Committee.

Meanwhile, as Asen pointed out already, Kerry planning on "talks" to resolve situation in the next 10 days. Kerry has no say or pull in this whatsoever, he might as well just go hide under his rock.
edit on 7-4-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

SubTruth
I have to hand it to Putin and his ilk the plan is working.............I wonder if any of them factored in how much this is going to cost Russia in the long run. The cost of keeping this new land afloat is going to be pricy. They are already begging for money and saying they need help.

It would be like America taking over Cuba the cost would be off the chart. But I am sure Russia with all it's vast wealth can handle it...........Time will tell.

It's only working because no one is standing up to him.
Wonder if Putin would be so keen to roll in if there were 1000
M1A1 MBT's there waiting.. Doubt it.

I think we ought to think about stopping the Dictator Putin.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

@myroslavapetsa: Reports from #Kharkiv bloggers on the ground suggest separatists seized local TV channel ATN

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

rigel4

SubTruth

That ain't gonna happen now, it has already been prevented. But if it did, it would have been a monumental mistake of biblical proportions.

It was the weakness of leadership in the west, particularly in the USA, tested in the Middle East for six years that led to these tactical moves by Putin. He has nothing to prevent him from taking Ukraine if that is what he chooses to do now, and perhaps may not end his ambitions to rebuild the Soviet Empire from there when secured...

IMO

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

ausername

rigel4

SubTruth

That ain't gonna happen now, it has already been prevented. But if it did, it would have been a monumental mistake of biblical proportions.

It was the weakness of leadership in the west, particularly in the USA, tested in the Middle East for six years that led to these tactical moves by Putin. He has nothing to prevent him from taking Ukraine if that is what he chooses to do now, and perhaps may not end his ambitions to rebuild the Soviet Empire from there when secured...

IMO

I don' wish to hijack the thread..
But I believe you are correct in your analysis.. Syria was the turning point.
Obama copped out of that because the British Parliament voted against and
because Putin was implying that he would come in on the side of Syria.

He thinks we are scared of him.. So he is bully!
We all know how to stop a bully!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

rigel4

He thinks we are scared of him.. So he is bully!
We all know how to stop a bully!

Doesn't matter what he thinks "we" are or aren't.

What's done is done, let the "bully" have his reign. Maybe he will be satisfied with his conquests soon, and stand down.

A confrontation now, would only further provoke him, and lead to a war that no one should want to see happen, on any side of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 282  283  284    286  287  288 >>

join