It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 262
<< 259  260  261    263  264  265 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Forgive me, but did you read the whole of the article I linked to?...just asking

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by DJW001

Forgive me, but did you read the whole of the article I linked to?...just asking

Rainbows
Jane

No. Why bother? Your source keeps contradicting itself because Russia can't keep its story straight. Yes, there are neo-Nazis in Ukraine and, no they are not leading the interim government. Svoboda has been given a few jobs doing security for the same reasons the Rolling Stones put the Hell's Angels in charge of security... and we all know how well that worked out.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well it appears right sector refuses to recognize the new government in Kiev.And are refusing to turn in weapons they confiscated. There also talking about right sector starting riots with the police than running away to leave protestors to bear the retaliation from the police. So it appears right sector is still trying to take on the government in Kiev and demanding its resignation.So much for right sector controlling the government like Russian propaganda keeps telling us. Also apparently the Russians are instigating conflict in eastern Ukraine.

Following an attack by members of a pro-Russian organization on a Ukrainian nationalist group in the eastern city Kharkiv in which two people died, Avakov says, ““Russian broadcasters were there before the fight started and before the police arrived. We have a radio interception of telephone conversations on the subject, certifying that it was provoked by the Russian secret service.”

And i found this interesting as well

“Russia is not ready for large-scale intervention,” he said. The bloodless seizure of Crimea was possible only because a sizeable portion of the population there welcomed it; pulling off such a feat in the East would require “a real war.” And such a war would “destroy Russia from within. The main thing is that the population of Eastern Ukraine would not accept this occupation. The only question is how many victims would be necessary for Russia to understand it.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by angelchemuel

So the government in Kiyev is not composed of far right neo-Nazis? Is anyone going to admit that they have swallowed a steaming mass of Russian propaganda for weeks now?

are you trying to say that radicals and neo - Nazis didn't have very strong if not decisive influence on "Ukrainian Revolution" and weren't offered positions in the government and police?
what we see now is new government trying to distance itself from "radical elements" by means of "submission" to the cause of less radical radicals and elimination of those who decided not to change their "skin" for a while.
in less than a week we suddenly have both Russian government and Right Sector radicals saying new Ukrainian government is not legitimate.
strange world of politics, today you are enemy; tomorrow a friend.
once again: "divide and conquer" proved to be very effective and easily implemented.
Russia and The West managed to divide, the only question now is who will conquer?
anyways; Ukraine will lose, unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by demus

in less than a week we suddenly have both Russian government and Right Sector radicals saying new Ukrainian government is not legitimate.

Actually, it strengthens my suspicion that the violent elements on the right are being controlled from Moscow. Putin instigated the violence to give him a pretext to 'defend' Crimea. It makes more sense to me every day.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by demus

Actually, it strengthens my suspicion that the violent elements on the right are being controlled from Moscow. Putin instigated the violence to give him a pretext to 'defend' Crimea. It makes more sense to me every day.

even if true, can we really blame them for using the same tactics USA, Israel and others are using...?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

demus

DJW001
reply to post by demus

even if true, can we really blame them for using the same tactics USA, Israel and others are using...?

Allegedly using. Besides, when do two wrongs make a right?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

DJW001

demus

DJW001
reply to post by demus

Allegedly using. Besides, when do two wrongs make a right?

so is Russia (allegedly). two wrongs do not make right but if we we do the body count, Russia is still waaay behind, so I wouldn't be to harsh on them.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

DJW001

I don't know who is doing what, and I've the idea that we will only know the truth - or parts of it - in the coming years, like usual.

However, to me, it's as plausible that disruptive groups are being controlled by Moscow as it is that they are being controlled by the West. Both sides seem to be prone in using civic unrest as the means to trigger events in a positive manner to their agendas.

Russia has a clear interest in disrupting the current Government and possibly backing Yanukovich again into power. But the West also has interest in controlling who is in power in Ukraine, as it will ultimately decide to which side Ukraine will fall.

You find suspicion in the propaganda coming from Russia and how they are spinning this as an unrest that needs to be solved, but I also find suspicious reasons behind the IMF, U.S. and the EU rushing to Ukraine's financial aid. A lot of European countries had to wait and go through a lengthy process to get financial aid or bailouts.

Yet, Ukraine - who is a weak economy and has no direct connections to the EU, apart from negotiations - is placed on the fast track, like they are buying their good graces?

I don't buy it. Ukraine is the current chessboard for political influence. And if anyone has doubts about that, just remember that President Obama said in Brussels that this whole situation, in a grand picture, is a battle of ideals.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
US Congress approves $1 bn aid for Ukraine, sanctions

The vast majority of the US Senate and House of Representatives have voted to provide Kiev $1 billion in loan guarantees, as well as impose sanctions against some leading Russian officials.

The legislation was adopted by 399-19 in the House of Representatives and a voice vote in the Senate. Two days earlier Senate Democrats agreed to remove IMF reform from the bill, that would have allowed to increase the amount of aid in the Ukraine package.

As part of the package the Senate authorized $50 million to help democracy in Ukraine, governance and civil society assistance, as well as $100 million for enhanced security cooperation by Ukraine with other states in Central and Eastern Europe.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

DJW001

angelchemuel
reply to post by DJW001

Rainbows
Jane

No. Why bother? Your source keeps contradicting itself because Russia can't keep its story straight. Yes, there are neo-Nazis in Ukraine and, no they are not leading the interim government. Svoboda has been given a few jobs doing security for the same reasons the Rolling Stones put the Hell's Angels in charge of security... and we all know how well that worked out.

Here's a simple question;

Please locate the Maidan Commandant Parubiy in Kiev, and then locate Embassy of the United States in Kyiv.

Then feel free to let us all know where they are in location to each other, physically.

voiceofrussia.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by renden

good one; highly likely as well but I'm sure some posters will claim it's only Russian propaganda.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

edit on 28-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

demus
reply to post by renden

good one; highly likely as well but I'm sure some posters will claim it's only Russian propaganda.

It's a fact. US Embassy in Kiev just happened to be in the exact same building as EuroMaidan headquarters. EuroMaidan members were physically staying INSIDE US Embassy, which with out officially acknowledging it provided them protection.

It has been proven that trajectories of shots at the protesters and Berkut came from that building, and the snipers were untouchable because they were shooting from the same building as US Embassy, which made them literally immune from return fire or possibility of the building being cleared.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Oh yeah, to some people even if a GAU-8 is rolled out from the front door of a US Embassy and fired at a crowd at full 4,200 rounds per minute, that'll still be some sort of propaganda because regardless of what's going on, US is untouchable beacon of truth freedom and democracy. Can't mess with the brand.

(post by alesa removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by alesa

I'm sorry but you seem to have enough money to pay your electricity bill and your internet. This sounds pretty fake to me

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
-- EDITED --

There's no point in responding to a post that was removed by the staff, so feel free to also remove this post mods.

edit on 28-3-2014 by GarrusVasNormandy because: removed content

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Russia withdrew its troops from the Lugansk region, but continues to be concentrated near the borders of Kharkiv and Chernihiv regions. This was announced by Director of Information Policy Minister of Ukraine Yevhen Predrag, reports LIGABiznesInform. As the representative of the Foreign Ministry, according to law enforcement agencies, the FSB of Russia is taking steps to further destabilize the situation in the south-eastern regions. Loading concentration and rearrangement of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation in the border regions of Ukraine. The security of the Russian Federation activate rozviddiyalnist in the border regions of Ukraine. Thus the troops in the Crimea strengthens its position in the administrative boundaries of the Kherson region. "Opposite Land Lugansk frontier indicated partial withdrawal of military equipment deep into the territory of the Russian Federation. Meanwhile, opposite the area of ​​Kharkov frontier marked concentration landing assault units of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, aviation, providing fire support," - said Predrag. Also, he said, the front area of ​​Sumy frontier marked movement of columns of military equipment in the direction of the border. "Opposite Land Chernihiv Border Detachment reached levels arrival of tanks and military equipment provide six separate armored brigade of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation", - said Predrag. Earlier, the U.S. military intelligence told Congress that Russia is ready to lightning strike in Ukraine.

Ukrainian Pravda
edit on 28/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Russian troops are increasing capacity at the border of the Chernihiv region - MFA

The Foreign Ministry of Ukraine reported that Russia withdrew its troops from the border with Lugansk region, but increases its power near Kharkiv and Chernihiv regions.
Director of Information Policy Department of the MFA of Ukraine Yevhen Predrag said that according to the law enforcement agencies, the FSB of Russia is taking steps to further destabilize the situation in the south-eastern regions.

He said the ongoing concentration and rearrangement of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation in the border regions of Ukraine. In addition, the border areas of Ukraine activated rozviddiyalnist power structures of Russia.

However, zihdno the report, troops in the Crimea is strengthening its position on the administrative border with the Kherson region.

Opposite Lugansk frontier areas indicated partial withdrawal of military equipment deep into the territory of the Russian Federation. However, the front section of the Kharkov frontier marked concentration landing assault units of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, aviation, providing fire support - said Predrag.

He added that the movement of the columns of Russian military equipment there in front of Sumy frontier areas.

"Opposite Land Chernihiv Border Detachment reached levels arrival of tanks and military equipment provide six separate armored brigade of the Armed Forces," - he concluded.

Note, Chernihiv region is beside Kiev.

TV channel 24
edit on 28/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 259  260  261    263  264  265 >>

join