It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 259
<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Video below:
The footage was uploaded yesterday. Hopefully somebody will be able to verify its authenticity but it does show Russian APC's moving around. I highly doubt they are in mainland Ukraine otherwise Ukraine would be making a big song and dance by now.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

ProfessorT
Russian aerial exercises prompt emergency alerts in eastern Finland

Russian aerial exercises prompt emergency alerts in eastern Finland Unusual lights in the night sky prompted residents of eastern Finland to contact local rescue services over what they believed to be emergency flares.

Rescue services say the lights came from Russian aerial military exercises close to the eastern border. Russian aerial military drills tricked residents of eastern Finland into reporting sightings of emergency flares. The jet depicted was not involved in the drills in this report. Ilmavoimat Residents of eastern Finland made a number of calls to rescue services Wednesday evening over what they thought were emergency flares. The reports came in from Imatra, Joensuu, Kuopio, Ilomantsi, Rantasalmi and Puumala. Most of the callers believed that the flares were fired to alert authorities to a marine accident. However checks of bodies of water by local rescue services revealed no accidents.

Officials from the southern Savo rescue services unit said that aerial shots were fired by aircraft during Russian military drills near the eastern border, adding that the discharges left a yellow light that observers may have mistaken for emergency flares.

Finland’s Defence Force declined comment on the matter.
Russia better save their ammunition and stuff rather than wasting it on all these exercises on the borders of their neighbours. When NATO come knocking they are going to need it. However, President Obama needs to find his dangly bits first.

sorry, but USA/EU/NATO seems not so united as they would like you to believe.
we are talking bunch of powerful countries vs one powerful country.
and Russia got them by their balls.
Putin/Russia is putting it's plans into action with lightning speed and "The West" proved unable to provide timely reaction mostly because of conflicting interests and complicated (long) way to make decisions between the "allies".

I am not pro - Russia or pro - anything; just trying to describe the current situation as I see it.
Is NATO more powerful? Yes, definitely.
but the power that is misused or not correctly applied goes to waste.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Ladies and gents, it appears that this blogger lives in Klimov, Bryansk in Russia. Take a look at some of the videos and pictures showing all sorts of Russian military assets being moved around in the region. In one video the locals looked stunned to see a tank rolling through with a soldier standing there. Maybe the anti-west crowd think I'm reading too much into things but the videos speak for themselves. Russia should also have a system in place where they tell the local residents when they are conducting military drills by the looks of the video I watched (the second video down) they appear quite surprised. Click here to see the blog and videos.
edit on 27-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
And Now The Real Economic Pain Begins As IMF Unleashes $27BN Bailout In "Near Bankrupt" Ukraine

Gazprom must really be demanding payment on overdue Ukraine invoices which is the only way we can explain the unprecedented speed with which the IMF has managed to cobble together a makeshift bailout package of up to $27 billion - the bulk of which will naturally go to Russia - which has just made Ukraine its latest vassal state.

Much more including IMF statement here...

www.zerohedge.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Ukraine's former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko plans to run again for president in the upcoming poll on May 25.

"I plan to run for election as president," she told a press briefing.

RT

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by ProfessorT

New moon on the 30th...just saying...

Rainbows
Jane

Solar Eclipse April 1st.

Blood Moon on the first High Holy Day of April 14th (First night of Unleavened Bread/Passover)... just saying.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

asen_y2k

All news channels calling this a Declaration of War.

Really?? None of the one I am on

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DingDing

Are you on Ukrainian news channels? If so, please link because I don't know them. tia

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

ElohimJD

angelchemuel
reply to post by ProfessorT

New moon on the 30th...just saying...

Rainbows
Jane

Solar Eclipse April 1st.

Blood Moon on the first High Holy Day of April 14th (First night of Unleavened Bread/Passover)... just saying.

The next Solar Eclipse is on April 29th.

Wiki

Now WTF are you ranting about now??

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DingDing

DingDing

asen_y2k

All news channels calling this a Declaration of War.

Really?? None of the one I am on

When did Asen post this? Must have been a while ago.
edit on 27-3-2014 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Just putting this out there...Former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych is due to give a press conference in Rostov-on-Don, Russia tomorrow. There are rumours circulating that he will announce an assault by Russian troops on the South East of Ukraine. This coincides with Kiev stating there are 100,000 Russian troops all along the Eastern border between Ukraine and Russia.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

ProfessorT
Just putting this out there...Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych is due to give a press conference in Rostov-on-Don, Russia tomorrow. There are rumours circulating that he will announce an assault by Russian troops on the South East of Ukraine. This coincides with Kiev stating there are 100,000 Russian troops all along the Eastern border between Ukraine and Russia.

I fixed it for you. Yankovich is still the legal President of the Ukraine....

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Mamatus

ProfessorT
Just putting this out there...Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych is due to give a press conference in Rostov-on-Don, Russia tomorrow. There are rumours circulating that he will announce an assault by Russian troops on the South East of Ukraine. This coincides with Kiev stating there are 100,000 Russian troops all along the Eastern border between Ukraine and Russia.

I fixed it for you. Yankovich is still the legal President of the Ukraine....

Uhhh... its definitely Yanukovych.

NVM I think i get what you are trying to say.

Yanukovych is still Legal president, not former.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
UN Gen Assembly adopts resolution backing Ukraine's territorial integrity

The UN General Assembly has overwhelmingly voted for a resolution submitted by Ukraine denouncing the referendum in Crimea that made the Black Sea peninsula an integral part of the Russian Federation.

One hundred UN member countries voted in favor of the resolution, while 11 voted against and 58 abstained. The resolution is non-binding.

The 193-nation assembly also voted on the Crimea referendum, which the Ukraine resolution says contains “no validity, (and) cannot form the basis for any alteration of the status of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea or of the City of Sevastopol."

The resolution "calls upon all states to desist and refrain from actions aimed at the partial or total disruption of the national unity and territorial integrity of Ukraine, including any attempts to modify Ukraine's borders through the threat or use of force or other unlawful means."

And the resolution invites "all parties to pursue immediately the peaceful resolution" of the crisis "through direct political dialogue."

In an effort to attract votes in the General Assembly, where there appears to be little enthusiasm for allowing the situation to create an irreparable rift with Moscow, the draft made no direct mention of Russia.

"The draft resolution is not aimed at condemning any member state," said Ukraine's UN envoy Yuriy Sergeyev in a letter accompanying the draft.

RT

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Forner Ukrainian defence minister states that the next 2 days most critical in the history of Ukraine.

Former defense minister and former National Security Council Secretary Yevhen Marchuk said that in Ukraine the next two days will experience the most critical moment of its history, the years of independence.
He said the crisis in the Ukrainian media center, said " Radio Liberty ".
According Marchuk, the situation moves to the second phase of the special operation carried out by the Russian Federation with respect to Ukraine and this phase can be much more dangerous than it was "Crimean phase."

"Today, for the experts who are not part of the authorities and well-versed in the defense and security format of national and public security, in general, it is clear that somewhere in the next two days, Ukraine is experiencing the most critical moment of its history, the years of independence," - Marchuk said.

According to him, there are "indicators" that suggest that preparing a major military provocation on the Russian-Ukrainian border.
Thus Marchuk voiced the opinion that the Russian intervention in the region could block without shooting.

"Today I can say only one thing at expert level: the intervention in Crimea could block without mutual various shootings, tanks and aircraft," - he said.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

lol good point. Much to my dismay I misspell it often.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

ProfessorT
Just putting this out there...Former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych is due to give a press conference in Rostov-on-Don, Russia tomorrow. There are rumours circulating that he will announce an assault by Russian troops on the South East of Ukraine. This coincides with Kiev stating there are 100,000 Russian troops all along the Eastern border between Ukraine and Russia.

I am not seeing anything about this on local media, where did you see this?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

asen_y2k

ProfessorT

I am not seeing anything about this on local media, where did you see this?
Take a look a few pages back. I think you even said you had heard about it if you remember!

I've just found this video of Ukraine seemingly showing their first bit of aggression. They have taken over a base in Kherson Oblast which allegedly belongs to Russia's Black Sea Fleet. These guys actually look like solders.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Seek_Truth

Wiki

Thanks for the source.

I was referring to the article that came out several weeks ago claiming solar eclipses on the 1st of Abib and 1st of Tishri. If that information was incorrect than I apologize for saying such.

You need address your definition of "ranting" if you think my post qualified as such...

ETA: the solar eclipses on the 1st of Abib and 1st of Tishri are for NEXT year's cycle 2015. Thanks for the correction

God Bless,
edit on 27-3-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

ElohimJD

Seek_Truth

Wiki

Thanks for the source.

I was referring to the article that came out several weeks ago claiming solar eclipses on the 1st of Abib and 1st of Tishri. If that information was incorrect than I apologize for saying such.

You need address your definition of "ranting" if you think my post qualified as such...

God Bless,

Can you link this article? Still have no idea what you are talking about.

-Cheers

ETA: Forgive me for my misuse of the word "rant". You get the point though.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 256  257  258    260  261  262 >>

join