It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 257
<< 254  255  256    258  259  260 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

angelchemuel
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but given where and why Obama was speaking, this thread seems as good a place as any.
Seems European press are not so enamoured with POTUS

.. does it mean that everyone saw right through the endless bluster, hollow rhetoric and empty promises of the man tasked with reading from a teleprompter, and currently in charge of one of the world's most totalitarian states? Because either someone is getting fired for forgetting to turn on the "applause" sign, or Europeans no longer care for the lies uttered by Obama on all topics NSA-related (and all other topics too). One wonders: how long until the US president finally gets the same treatment in his own country?

www.zerohedge.com...

Rainbows
Jane

When we pay 10 MILLION Euro for a speech by him, we expect him to dance, sing, maybe crack a joke or two.

I want a refund.

Soon will come a day when nobody will help the US, then what, we suddenly become members of the Axis Of Evil?

What happens when NATO run out of enemies? The NATO Partners for Peace and neutral countries become enemies?

Expect to see more and more public snubbing of American leaders, no hand shakes, no clapping, that is just the beginning.

We all know both the economic and power is shifting east.

edit on 26-3-2014 by kathat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Didn't see this posted today.

Apparently Russia "closed" their airspace to at least one commercial airliner due to the conflict.

An Air France flight from Beijing, China to France was re-routed to Germany due to the Russian edict.

Source: Al Jazeera on TV.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

watchesfromwall

Apparently Russia "closed" their airspace to at least one commercial airliner due to the conflict.

An Air France flight from Beijing, China to France was re-routed to Germany due to the Russian edict.

Actually it was due to exercises, not conflict per se.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

Yup...I posted a thread on it here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Thanks.

S/F your thread. I like the older search better.

Anyway, I absolutely agree with you on why only this one particular flight or reported.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

Thank you. Yes, to me it now sounds like western propaganda. Why would only one flight at 5am GMT time be affected and no others since then? OR.....there was something/somebody else on that flight that had to get to Berlin......anyway.....there's a thread for that

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

watchesfromwall

Just wondering if the Visit to France by the Chinese Premier has had anything to do with it.
Maybe maybe not .. just thinking out loud.

Seems a bit too coincidental.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This evening in Novozybkov, Russia more military equipment is being moved towards Ukraine under the cover of darkness tonight and with the assistance of what look like police cars in the background. Once again in the two videos shown here it appears to be a substantial amount of hardware.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

New moon on the 30th...just saying...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

asen_y2k

UKRAINE ASKS protection in the EU, the U.S. and NATO - Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine called for EU, U.S. and NATO to consider all possible means to protect the territorial integrity of Ukraine.

This was stated by Foreign Minister Andrei Deshchitsa at a briefing on Saturday evening in Kiev, "Interfax-Ukraine".

"Also, we transferred the appeal to NATO to consider the use of all opportunities to protect the territorial integrity of Ukraine's sovereignty to protect the Ukrainian people and the protection of nuclear facilities are located in Ukraine," - said Dieschitz.

You are in great danger if Russia moves across the boarder to your Eastern front. Our president has the spine of a worm.
Even if we did send help it may come too late to stop the Russians from taking control of the East Ukraine.
If you must fire your weapon, do so and then move to a new position quickly and quietly.
We call it a tactical retreat. Try to aim low as to kick up stones and dust in front of the enemy.
Make them pay a high price for their aggression. I’ll pray for you and your country!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Erm...it might be nothing, but did anybody else notice the hand gesture by a member in the audience at 0.56sec?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
U.S. intel assessement: greater likelihood Russia will enter eastern Ukraine

This is basically what we've all been discussing today in this thread. I'm only an armchair commander but I did call this earlier in the thread and if Russia do invade the whole of South Ukraine and into Moldova than I reckon NATO will start to pull their socks up.
edit on 26-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

ProfessorT
U.S. intel assessement: greater likelihood Russia will enter eastern UkraineThis is basically what we've all been discussing today in this thread. I promise I'm not a US agent or anything but I did call this earlier in the thread and if a Russia do invade the whole of South Ukraine and into Moldova than I reckon NATO will start to pull their socks up.

US Intelligence, is that the same intelligence that stated there were WMD's in Iraq?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

ProfessorT
This evening in Novozybkov, Russia more military equipment is being moved towards Ukraine under the cover of darkness tonight and with the assistance of what look like police cars in the background. Once again in the two videos shown here it appears to be a substantial amount of hardware.

Well the Russians are denying troops being deployed at the border. However they also denied Russian troops were in Crimea so take it for what its worth.

news.rambler.ru...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

kathat

ProfessorT
U.S. intel assessement: greater likelihood Russia will enter eastern UkraineThis is basically what we've all been discussing today in this thread. I promise I'm not a US agent or anything but I did call this earlier in the thread and if a Russia do invade the whole of South Ukraine and into Moldova than I reckon NATO will start to pull their socks up.

US Intelligence, is that the same intelligence that stated there were WMD's in Iraq?

Iraq is obviously a very contentious issue. It is considered by many people to have been an "illegal war". I've not done too much research on it but even with knowing the basics it's easy to work out that George W Bush and Tony Blair badly miscalculated the skewed intelligence reports they received. Didn't Bush even go against the UN or something? I think the Iraq war is why the West isn't as keen to get involved in military conflicts now, especially large scale ones like Russia could turn out to be. It goes without saying that clandestine activities will always continue though for the benefit of national security and all that jazz.
edit on 26-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

So, from your link..

Two administration officials described the assessment but declined to be identified due to the sensitive nature of the information.

So these two refuse to be identified, but this 'sensitive information' is now all over the net......mhmmmmmmmmmm

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Damn, this is getting serious.US has learned nothing.Appeasement doesn't work!.Putin is hungry,and Ukraine is his current prey.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I say we have a mandatory military induction of all the kids and grandkids, of those that want the US and Europe to go to war with Russia....all those in favor say aye!
edit on 26-3-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Given Obamas last couple of speeches...the one about a nuclear attack in Manhattan, and todays speech...just thought I would post this for us to ponder.....

I'm off to bed

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

kathat

ProfessorT

Actually the intel was right dont you keep up? Where do you think those chemical weapons in syria came from.There were reports Iran moved them across the border inot Syria well now we know its true they used them so the reports were right.

new topics

top topics

<< 254  255  256    258  259  260 >>

join