It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 233
<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Seek_Truth

pepew

Seek_Truth

pepew

Seek_Truth

ProfessorT
There are reports on Twitter that the Ukrainian Navy have surrendered a ship. I'm waiting for someone to tell me that the people who have stormed the ship are simply pro-Russian protesters...We know this is likely the work of Russian Special Forces. Once again it looks like the Ukrainian army have given up yet more military weaponry. If I was Ukrainian I would be concerned about the state of the military.
edit on 20-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

I can't believe they are just giving up entire ships. They need to fight back.

Yeah, it's easy to sit in an armchair thousands of miles away dictating to them how they should die.

That should help boost TV ratings.

edit on 20-3-2014 by pepew because: (no reason given)

Welcome to ATS

Thanks, I just couldn't sit idly by watching comments like that just scroll by, it is sickening that people just WANT others to fight and have a war, so they can watch it on TV and get an errection or something. Society is sick.

I don't "want" anyone to fight. I just don't think militarily Ukraine can afford to give up any assets, especially their navy. Has nothing to do with "wanting" war.

However I am super stoked that my comment riled you up enough to join the community!!

Yeah the Ukrainians got to stop surrendering at the first sign of a fight. I mean who do they think they are the french. Seriously if they dont start to fight back there wont be anything left to fight for theyll be the new Russian puppet.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

dragonridr

Seek_Truth

pepew

Seek_Truth

pepew

Seek_Truth

ProfessorT
There are reports on Twitter that the Ukrainian Navy have surrendered a ship. I'm waiting for someone to tell me that the people who have stormed the ship are simply pro-Russian protesters...We know this is likely the work of Russian Special Forces. Once again it looks like the Ukrainian army have given up yet more military weaponry. If I was Ukrainian I would be concerned about the state of the military.

Yeah, it's easy to sit in an armchair thousands of miles away dictating to them how they should die.

Welcome to ATS

Thanks, I just couldn't sit idly by watching comments like that just scroll by, it is sickening that people just WANT others to fight and have a war, so they can watch it on TV and get an errection or something. Society is sick.

I don't "want" anyone to fight. I just don't think militarily Ukraine can afford to give up any assets, especially their navy. Has nothing to do with "wanting" war.

However I am super stoked that my comment riled you up enough to join the community!!

Yeah the Ukrainians got to stop surrendering at the first sign of a fight. I mean who do they think they are the french. Seriously if they dont start to fight back there wont be anything left to fight for theyll be the new Russian puppet.

Ukrain have two Choices. Either they choose the EU or they have to choose Russia. There is no other Choices on the table.

The People can fight Russia and die or they can live. Would Death reallybe a better alternative?
If so, they might ass well just kille them selves right now and save some Russians from being killed.

The Unkrain wont be independent if they join the EU. Ukraine will be run by the EU.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

What you, or anybody else has to post as opinions about who is right and who is wrong is totally moot from here on in......please refer to my last post at the bottom of the last page.....you are no more right than myself or anybody else who posts on here.......
The sooner we all as THE COMMON MAN wake up and realise we actually have one thing that binds us all together......than the arguing and bickering on forums, we will always be divided and in turn we allow the politicians, bankers et all win, and have control over the MAJORITY.
If you and others can't see that......then yes, nothing will ever change....and for ever more what has happened in the Ukraine will happen again, and again, and again..... and we'll all be back here casting blame at the 1%.......

I'm outta here.......

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Seek_Truth

Nathan J Hunt ‏@ISNJH 45s
#OSINT explosion at Krivoy Rog Ukraine tank depot of the 17th Armored Division. www.yapfiles.ru...

Video

Any other developments on this? I can't seem to find anything other than the link you posted. Accident? Sabotage?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
NVM - won't happen, didn't realize they were referring to Crimea and not the border.

edit on 20-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Wookiep

Seek_Truth

Nathan J Hunt ‏@ISNJH 45s
#OSINT explosion at Krivoy Rog Ukraine tank depot of the 17th Armored Division. www.yapfiles.ru...

Video

Any other developments on this? I can't seem to find anything other than the link you posted. Accident? Sabotage?

I haven't seen much other than a tweet here or there. I'm guessing accident... Man there are some big booms in that video.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

It is a tank depot for the 17th Armored Ukraine Division. I would guess sabotage. Those are some powerful explosions in the beginning.

Have also read that the Russian have attacked and boarded a Ukrainian anti sub ship (corvette) named the Ternopil.
edit on 03pm31pmf0000002014-03-20T16:13:16-05:000416 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I've just been watching a few seconds of a YouTube video from a military base in Crimea where Ukrainian soldiers have burned a tank along with combat gear before they leave. It's just a really, really sad situation and I hope that NATO does consider military action. Russia can't get away with this. They have ruined thousands of lives and continue to bully Ukraine relentlessly.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

dragonridr

Seek_Truth

pepew

Seek_Truth

pepew

Seek_Truth

ProfessorT

Welcome to ATS

agreed, i understand and am aware that russians have far the bigger army, but it just seems that ukraine are being really big cowards

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

War with Russia is pointless... a lose lose situation, for anyone who goes to war with them . I would not fight what's the point . Holding out for an invading super power to run out of money/ support through guerrilla tactics ( Afghanistan Vietnam) will fail if the super power is invading a country on its borders ( Tibet Chechnya Hawaii) . In this instance resistance is futile. US/Nato cannot go to war with Russia It would be nuclear period and then the whole world looses great ... but ..but.. we stopped them from harming there delusional patriotic feelings (lines in the f*ckin sand wake up) they can die proud ( along with the rest of the planet great...) . Furthermore the US/EU/Nato do not hold the moral high ground and may be the lesser of 2 evils but are still evil... better the devil you know...
edit on 20-3-2014 by larapa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If Ukraine was part of the EU then in a click of a finger NATO would be defending Ukraine along side Ukrainian forces from further military provocation by Russia.

A like countries like Poland they have the full backing and support of EU just in case Russia where daring to push further.

Ukraine does not have the military structure anymore due to those who defected over to Russia in Crimea, Most of the Navy and Airforce.

However what Ukraine can do is buy time and pile up the reservists who are willing to fight for country as far as I know only around 4000 reservists are combat ready they have hell of a lot of trainee reservists signing up to fight and probably reclaim Ukraine back.

Most likely ukrainian reservists or those wanting to join the ukrainian army will get the toughest combat training. These will be mostly likely jointly lead by the US, UK, France Poland.

They will have to be a strong and tactical small military force. There aim will to protect mainland ukraine from further provocation and take make Crimea.

The idea of using strategic and tactical force to restore Ukraine's borders.
edit on 20-3-2014 by deviant300 because: error

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
And this is why I think Putin will advance further into Ukraine, possibly attempt to take the whole thing, not just parts of it -

Ukraine's interim Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk is in Brussels. He is planning to sign a political part of the Association Agreement with the European Union.

The document refers to political cooperation, issues of defence and fight against terrorism.

Before departure from Kiev Yatsenyuk said that the negotiations about the economic side of the agreement will continue.

[Itar-Tass]

Aljazeera

IMO, this has never been about Crimea, that was the easy part. Putin does not want Ukraine to have anything to do with the EU.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Russia have just told the US that they have no intentions of going any further into Ukraine.

But this all Depends on the US and the political pupet the US have instaled in Ukraine. Through this pupet the US have Direct political influance in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I think both sides have been pretty stupid, it's naive to completely believe either one of them at this point.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

spy66
reply to post by Wookiep

Russia have just told the US that they have no intentions of going any further into Ukraine.

But this all Depends on the US and the political pupet the US have instaled in Ukraine. Through this pupet the US have Direct political influance in Ukraine.

THE only political pull the west has is because of Putin.Ukraine is turning to the west for help though reluctantly since they dont want to sign on to the EU yet. Another offer was made an declined at least for now probably best though.Because ithink they should wait until a new president is elected in the new elections.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sobering #Ukraine: Retired General Mykola Melnyk says We should expect invasion 20committee.com... … #Crimea #Russia

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I know nothing about which Ukrainian sources are considered "credible" or not so don't shoot the messenger but -

Crimean hostages put in an electric chair, beaten, shot at

Most of the hostages released on March 20 were subjected to torture while held in captivity by members of the so-called "Crimean security service"

Serhiy Kovalsky, a Crimean EuroMaidan activist says that his father, Anatoly Kovalsky was the only one of the EuroMaidan and AutoMaidan activists to have not been tortured. Andriy Shchekun who was abducted at the same time was one of the worst treated, together with Yury Shevchenko.

Both have shock pistol wounds to the arms and legs. Shchekun told him that he had been put in an electric chair. The eight hostages, including Navy Commander Serhiy Haiduk, were held together in one cell in the Simferopol military enlistment office. The torture took place next door and the victims' cries could be heard Shchekun was beaten and may have fractured ribs, an x-ray has been taken in the Kherson hospital where he is now receiving treatment.

Serhiy Kovalsky says that his torturers were interested in two things - Shchekun's possible links with Pravy Sector and his sources of financing. There were no links to Pravy Sector, nor any major funding, so Shchekun had nothing to tell them.

Sourced from an article Here

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

War in Ukraine would be like Vietnam and the Cuban missile crisis rolled into one. You have to remember a lot of people voted for the President who was ousted by the revolution. The invasion in Crimea and annexation was practically bloodless for a reason. Right or wrong there would be lots who would side with the Russian forces in a war. Like I said it would be Vietnam and the Cuban missile crisis combined except the risk of nuclear war more likely given the crisis would happen while actual conflict is taking place and in such a scenario there would be very few cool heads around to defuse the situation.

edition.cnn.com...
edit on 20-3-2014 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

larapa
reply to post by eliuk

War with Russia is pointless... a lose lose situation, for anyone who goes to war with them . I would not fight what's the point.

Seems that most of the world and especially the US administration agree with you.

There is no point. Let the bully have his way, get out of his way, don't provoke him with sanctions that only embolden him.

He got this far because he seen weaknesses. Maybe if you play real nice he will stop with Crimea, or maybe he will keep going, who is there that can or will stand up to him now?

Obama?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
People blaming the 1%

You DONT HAVE A CLUE

The 1% lie

The 1% conspiracy's

Is anti west conspiracy's designed to make you hate your governments and bring social unrest from within

It's a digital Trojan horse designed to confused divide

It's a simple one....

Look at history

Where was the 1% when we was doing much of the same?

The 1% was the kings & queens and rulers, and they didn't fight for themselves, they fought for the betterment and safety of there people, everything they raped pillaged and plundered went into the buildings of there empires and cities and the people benefited as a directly result of this... look at Rome, look at Egypt etc

The 1% propaganda is nothing but the barbarians outside the walls trying to cause mutiny, and sending in a Trojan horse to explode from within...

And that includes Russia and China and there little minions

Bit to go against your own governments trying to keep you safe from other governments and alliances that want nothing but the same is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, unless you live in China and Russia and will directly benefit from your governments foreign policy's and financial rise building more of a military to gain more influence

Yes the western 1% and bankers, bring them down people, bring them down you must stop this evil

So we can shaft you

Yours sincerely, China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Syria & there really nice bankers

Seriously? You people fall for these games and tricks?

Pffft

No good ever come of being weak and not keeping your ears out for the Wolfs at night

new topics

top topics

<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join