It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 232
<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxtrot7x

What you say is true. But why on ats of all places are these pro Russian people obviously residing in the west yet supporting the east, getting their sympathys from? I NEED TO KNOW!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Foxtrot7x
That protecting the ethnic Russian's card is overused now. Russia can do bull # to EU . There are many alternate nations to provide interim assistance. I'm still not sure what Putin's agenda is. There's a hell lot anti Russian sentiment from most countries. Long term Russia is facing massive problems.Do they have some secret agreement plan with China lol ?

Maybe they should invade Ukraine siting WMD's and how Ukraine is a threat to world peace and Ukraine is support Alquida...oh wait

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

maddy21

Foxtrot7x
That protecting the ethnic Russian's card is overused now. Russia can do bull # to EU . There are many alternate nations to provide interim assistance. I'm still not sure what Putin's agenda is. There's a hell lot anti Russian sentiment from most countries. Long term Russia is facing massive problems.Do they have some secret agreement plan with China lol ?

Maybe they should invade Ukraine siting WMD's and how Ukraine is a threat to world peace and Ukraine is support Alquida...oh wait

Think about what you just said. How much provocation does it take for the US to grind a nation to dust?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 24s
GUNMEN STORM BESIEGED UKRAINIAN WARSHIP IN CRIMEA: AFP

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Another Vice report from the Ukraine Nat'l Guard training...

This report is from Ben Swann on the Crimean situation..

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Andriy Parubiy

Social-National Party of Ukraine

Party LOGO

the " The Wolfsangel "

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Raymond Pritchett ‏@Galrahn 2m
Reports are claiming Russian troops are raiding the Ukrainian Navy Geisha V class corvette Turnopil (U209).

More reports of Russia taking over Navy vessels.

Would anyone be surprised if they just surrendered their ship??

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There are reports on Twitter that the Ukrainian Navy have surrendered a ship. I'm waiting for someone to tell me that the people who have stormed the ship are simply pro-Russian protesters...We know this is likely the work of Russian Special Forces. Once again it looks like the Ukrainian army have given up yet more military weaponry. If I was Ukrainian I would be concerned about the state of the military.
edit on 20-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

More info -

Russian troops storm Ukraine's warship in Crimea:

Ukraine's defence ministry on Thursday said around 20 gunmen seized a Ukrainian warship, the Ternopil, in the port of Sevastopol in Crimea.

"The ship has been taken," Vladislav Seleznyov, the defence ministry's spokesman in Crimea, said on his Facebook page, after earlier telling AFP: "The assault has begun".

On Facebook, Seleznyov said pro-Moscow armed men and Russian soldiers cordoned off the area, while a boat with the gunmen on board approached the Ternopil and stormed it.

"Stun grenades were used during the assault and automatic fire was heard," he said.

Called by AFP, an officer on board the Slavutich, a second Ukrainian warship next to the Ternopil, did not answer.

Seleznyov did not say whether the Slavutich was also seized by Russian forces.

The commander of Russia's Black Sea Fleet, Alexander Vitko, had reportedly boarded the Slavutich earlier on Thursday in an attempt to negotiate a surrender.

The two warships had been blockaded in the port by the Russian navy and had distanced themselves from the dock in an attempt to prevent an assault. [AFP]

Aljazeera

Yep, still saying "pro-Moscow armed men" . But then added "and Russian soldiers" :eyeroll:

Wouldn't that be weird if the U.S. military allowed angry civilians to conduct operations with them?
edit on 20-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

ProfessorT
There are reports on Twitter that the Ukrainian Navy have surrendered a ship. I'm waiting for someone to tell me that the people who have stormed the ship are simply pro-Russian protesters...We know this is likely the work of Russian Special Forces. Once again it looks like the Ukrainian army have given up yet more military weaponry. If I was Ukrainian I would be concerned about the state of the military.

I can't believe they are just giving up entire ships. They need to fight back.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

They do, that's how they circumvent political/legal issues
There's probably more civs conducting operations for the military than standing troops.
edit on 20-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Seek_Truth

ProfessorT

Yeah, it's easy to sit in an armchair thousands of miles away dictating to them how they should die.

That should help boost TV ratings.

edit on 20-3-2014 by pepew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

pepew

Seek_Truth

ProfessorT

Yeah, it's easy to sit in an armchair thousands of miles away dictating to them how they should die.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Seek_Truth

pepew

Seek_Truth

ProfessorT

Welcome to ATS

Thanks, I just couldn't sit idly by watching comments like that just scroll by, it is sickening that people just WANT others to fight and have a war, so they can watch it on TV and get an errection or something. Society is sick.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Seek_Truth

ProfessorT

I agree. Throughout this whole crisis there haven't been any credible reports of the Ukrainian's trying to defend Crimea. Quite frankly, I think the army in Crimea needs to be disbanded. It seems like the Ukrainian's have forgotten It's not about the weaponry they have, it's about how much of a fight they are willing to put up.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

pepew

Seek_Truth

pepew

Seek_Truth

ProfessorT

Welcome to ATS

Thanks, I just couldn't sit idly by watching comments like that just scroll by, it is sickening that people just WANT others to fight and have a war, so they can watch it on TV and get an errection or something. Society is sick.

I don't "want" anyone to fight. I just don't think militarily Ukraine can afford to give up any assets, especially their navy. Has nothing to do with "wanting" war.

However I am super stoked that my comment riled you up enough to join the community!!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

ProfessorT

Seek_Truth

ProfessorT

I agree. Throughout this whole crisis there haven't been any credible reports of the Ukrainian's trying to defend Crimea. Quite frankly, I think the army in Crimea needs to be disbanded. It seems like the Ukrainian's have forgotten It's not about the weaponry they have, it's about how much of a fight they are willing to put up.

Well why don't you go and show them how it's done.

I am sure they would appreciate the first hand expertiese.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Seek_Truth

pepew

Seek_Truth

pepew

Seek_Truth

ProfessorT

Welcome to ATS

I don't "want" anyone to fight. I just don't think militarily Ukraine can afford to give up any assets, especially their navy. Has nothing to do with "wanting" war.

However I am super stoked that my comment riled you up enough to join the community!!

You're welcome, I am sure my comments will stoke up your fires soon enough.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Nathan J Hunt ‏@ISNJH 45s
#OSINT explosion at Krivoy Rog Ukraine tank depot of the 17th Armored Division. www.yapfiles.ru...

Video

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ukraine Goes Cyprus 2.0, To Tax Deposits Over 100,000 Hryvnia (To Appease IMF?)

Ukraine's parliament is to consider draft laws which would ban foreign-currency bank deposits and introduce a 25% tax on interest on deposits in banks and other financial institutions in circumstances where the interest received is more than 5% above the rate set by the National Bank of Ukraine.

We assume, just as with Cyprus, that the big money has already left the building leaving small businesses and the average joe to foot the IMF-demanding bill (for the good of the country) to get their bailout funds.

www.zerohedge.com...

And there you have it folks.....Putin wins land and secures his gas pipeline, the banksters/IMF get their pound of flesh, THEY'RE ALL IN IT TOGETHER.....and the PEOPLE are left to rot in hell......CASE CLOSED...anything else is irrelevant ...we the people, the common man are the losers while the 1% win again....doesn't matter if your fascist, communist, banker, politician, butcher, baker or candlestick maker...if you're not in the 'club'.......YOU'RE SCREWED!
edit on 20-3-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join