It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 230
<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

stumason
reply to post by Hellas

There is nothing democratic about it when the vote is organised within the space of a week under the watchful eye of 30+ thousand Russian soldiers who have just streamed over the border.

Prove it. If cant then your words = smoke out of arse.

I have no issue if the Crimean's genuinely wanted this, but it should have been done in a proper time scale, under proper international monitoring (considering it's inflammatory nature) and without the intimidating presence of Russian combat forces, not because Russia had their man in Kiev ousted by the elected Parliament of Ukraine.

Russian forces were protecting population from FREAKING ARMED NAZI BANDITS!!!!!!

Crimean elections were monitored by 123 independent, international monitors and were registered as completely democratic and untampered with elections, so get off it.

Oh wait, you can't. It's your job. OK, back to propaganda.

Russia = Bad. USA = Greatest bestest ever.

Repeat as needed.

Here's a question - WHO VOTED FOR CURRENT UKRAINIAN PARLIAMENT?!?!?!?!

Ahhh that's right, they were put in power by armed Nazis, everything is well now, move along.
edit on 20-3-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

khimbar

dragonridr
Thought you guys might find this interesting it appears the elections in Crimea were rigged. Im not really surprised but when they looked at the totals there was more votes to Join russia than they have people in Crimea. It shows that the referendum passed with 123 percent of the vote. And we though putin was good at Rigging elections Crimea has him beat. By the way this doesnt include people not eligible to vote like children or refused tovote like the tatars. So imagine there population must have grown alot in 4 months must be all those people running around in masks.

www.pravda.com.ua...

No they didn't, the blogger added 200,000 to the total actually announced.

Here's the actual total.

www.ntv.ru...

The blogger uses 1,724,563 when the actual figure was 1, 524,563.

You dont understand thats the adjusted number based off there claimed percentage of the votes that were cast. Look at the math. See if i claim a percentage of votes were cast then i tell you how many votes were cast i can use the percentage to figure out the total number of votes possible. Which exceeds the number of people living in crimea. The number is going to match thats the point of the article showing there math is off.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

renden

stumason
reply to post by Hellas

There is nothing democratic about it when the vote is organised within the space of a week under the watchful eye of 30+ thousand Russian soldiers who have just streamed over the border.

I have no issue if the Crimean's genuinely wanted this, but it should have been done in a proper time scale, under proper international monitoring (considering it's inflammatory nature) and without the intimidating presence of Russian combat forces, not because Russia had their man in Kiev ousted by the elected Parliament of Ukraine.

Russian forces were protecting population from FREAKING ARMED NAZI BANDITS!!!!!!

Crimean elections were monitored by 123 independent, international monitors and were registered as completely democratic and untampered with elections, so get off it.

Repeat as needed.

Ahhh that's right, they were put in power by armed Nazis, everything is well now, move along.
edit on 20-3-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

Your day dreaming there was no armed Nazi bandits wondering around in Crimea. There was no threat to anybody in Crimea this fantasy was created by Putin. We already see how many lies he told in this i still dont think hes admitted theres Russian troops in Crimea. Than theres the supposed people fleeing into Russia well they lied and showed the Polish border which is always busy. And they lied about the election results. So you keep believing the Russian propganda the rest of the world no longer want anything to do with it. Did you know RT cant even book guests because they have so badly destroyed there reputation trying to carry Putins lies.

One more thing please show us these armed nazis running around the country terrorizing people so far the only ones ive seen is pro Russians killing people in a protest. But im sure those videos and the funeral were faked as well right?
edit on 3/20/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Obama is to speak @ 11:00a ET on Ukraine according to CNN.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

dragonridr

khimbar

dragonridr
Thought you guys might find this interesting it appears the elections in Crimea were rigged. Im not really surprised but when they looked at the totals there was more votes to Join russia than they have people in Crimea. It shows that the referendum passed with 123 percent of the vote. And we though putin was good at Rigging elections Crimea has him beat. By the way this doesnt include people not eligible to vote like children or refused tovote like the tatars. So imagine there population must have grown alot in 4 months must be all those people running around in masks.

www.pravda.com.ua...

No they didn't, the blogger added 200,000 to the total actually announced.

Here's the actual total.

www.ntv.ru...

The blogger uses 1,724,563 when the actual figure was 1, 524,563.

You dont understand thats the adjusted number based off there claimed percentage of the votes that were cast. Look at the math. See if i claim a percentage of votes were cast then i tell you how many votes were cast i can use the percentage to figure out the total number of votes possible. Which exceeds the number of people living in crimea. The number is going to match thats the point of the article showing there math is off.

Oh good grief how many times must this be explained? What are you on about 'adjusted' numbers?

The 123% story came from a blog. This is from your link.

"20 hours in Crimea voted 1250000 426 people. This result excluding Sevastopol. Given Sevastopol voted 1 million 724 thousand 563 people," - said Malyshev.

What the guy actually said...

www.ntv.ru...

Mikhail Malyshev , chairman of the Supreme Council of Crimea on the organization and conduct of the referendum: "At 20:00 in the Crimea voted 1000000 250 Millennium 426 people. This result excluding Sevastopol. Given Sevastopol voted one million 524 thousand 563 people, which corresponds to 82.71 percent figure. "

Read more: www.ntv.ru...

The blogger you all seem to believe added 200,000 votes to what was actually announced.

Why are people having such a hard time understanding this?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

renden

stumason
reply to post by Hellas

Prove it? I don't need to, it's there for everyone to see. The vote was organised in the space of a week and it is under the watchful eye of 30k+ Russian soldiers who just appeared out of no where.

Or are you genuinely denying the above?

renden

Are they now?

Ironic this, considering your above comment about me "proving it" and something about smoke...

The first person to die in Crimea was a Ukrainian soldier, killed by a Russian solder only a few days ago. Those "armed Nazi bandits" can't have been that bad, can they - no one was killed after the previous President was ousted and in fact, in the run up to this vote, it was pro-Russian crowds attacking the Ukrainian institutions. I watched as some poor lass got a clobbering from some burly looking gentleman for daring to unfurl a Ukrainian flag.

Oooh, look - those brave Russians standing up to the Kiev Nazi's..... Right...

Or maybe it was just a convenient excuse and you've fallen for it, hook, line and sinker.

renden

I want a link to who these monitors where...

I can see it now, these "independent" monitors will turn out to be anything but....

renden

Nope, it isn't my job - my job is actually to look after optical transmission networks for a large, UK based telco - nothing to do with "propaganda" and probably far to complicated for you to wrap your little mind around.

renden

Never said that, so you're just trying (badly) to put words in my mouth and making yourself look like a fool.

renden

Haha, here's a question - do you even know what you're talking about or did you just unplug yourself from an RT feed?

The last Ukrainian parliamentary elections were in 2012...

renden

Haha, no, they weren't. See above.

You've just proven, publicly, you don't actually have a clue what you're talking about and that we really shouldn't pay any further attention to anything you say.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Obama just said he will sanction MORE Russian government officials.. lol

Keep shooting in your own foot
edit on 20-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

How so? In the long run, Russia is the only party set to lose here - the EU are already exploring alternative options for the gas, of which there are plenty and a good deal of Russia's "wealth" is held offshore. If this drags on, Russia will find itself more and more isolated and, in the end, will find they are missing a good chunk of their GDP from gas/oil sales.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Hellas

Is the TPTB Deliberately making Obama look bad ?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

maddy21

Hellas

I don't know.. But then again there's not much else he is able to do. This is not Libya, Iraq etc. where he can just march in like it's his ghetto. This is Russia

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by renden

Go back to mother Russia otherwise stop talking in a mainly western forum. For all the glit and ganter at the end of the day most people are going to side with the west, atleast here. Dosen't say anything about the true nature of the reality just says, the devil you know. Where did all this sympathy for the devil come from anyway? Why would you come to a forum mainly pro western and expect different. All i got for all you who hate America is a big red white and blue middle finger. Now that i got that out of the way, on to the topic Russia is the instigator the occupyier the antagonist, clearly they invaded a sovereign country, is this even in dispute? Why is there even an argument about right and wrong this seems very well defined. The complexity surely is in the eye of the beholder, because i dont see it. Please enlighten me to your ways so that i may to join and support the devoleping U.S.S.R

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

stumason
reply to post by Hellas

How so? In the long run, Russia is the only party set to lose here - the EU are already exploring alternative options for the gas, of which there are plenty and a good deal of Russia's "wealth" is held offshore. If this drags on, Russia will find itself more and more isolated and, in the end, will find they are missing a good chunk of their GDP from gas/oil sales.

Europe will be destroyed by this. The gas prices will hit the ceiling and everybody will be on the streets rioting. This is what you get for wanting to be the Pimp of the world, where in fact you are just bullying the weak ones.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Hellas

maddy21

Hellas

I don't know.. But then again there's not much else he is able to do. This is not Libya, Iraq etc. where he can just march in like it's his ghetto. This is Russia

No, this is Europe, where NATO exists specifically to deal with situations like this. The first time a citizen of a nation that belongs to NATO dies because of Putin, well, there are three nations that can reduce Russia to a radioactive wasteland, and they all belong to NATO. Who is going to take Russia's side? Iran?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
BTW, there wasn't even a "NO" vote on the ballet. Just a "Yes" for Crimea to fall under the Russian Federation or a "Yes" for Crimea to become an independent state. There wasn't an option for Crimea to remain part of Ukraine!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

TechniXcality
reply to post by renden

Go back to mother Russia otherwise stop talking in a mainly western forum. For all the glit and ganter at the end of the day most people are going to side with the west, atleast here. Dosen't say anything about the true nature of the reality just says, the devil you know. Where did all this sympathy for the devil come from anyway? Why would you come to a forum mainly pro western and expect different. All i got for all you who hate America is a big red white and blue middle finger. Now that i got that out of the way, on to the topic Russia is the instigator the occupyier the antagonist, clearly they invaded a sovereign country, is this even in dispute? Why is there even an argument about right and wrong this seems very well defined. The complexity surely is in the eye of the beholder, because i dont see it. Please enlighten me to your ways so that i may to join and support the devoleping U.S.S.R

This is an international Forum, where everybody can speak his mind, last time I checked. Raising your flag in an dispute over somebody that occupied another sovereign country?? For real??
Awkward...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Hellas

stumason
reply to post by Hellas

Europe will be destroyed by this. The gas prices will hit the ceiling and everybody will be on the streets rioting. This is what you get for wanting to be the Pimp of the world, where in fact you are just bullying the weak ones.

Let's make a bet: I predict the first rioting will be in Crimea, followed by Moscow, followed by Putin in a glass box at his trial.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Let's make a bet: I predict the first rioting will be in Crimea, followed by Moscow, followed by Putin in a glass box at his trial.

I raise you by Russia getting even more 'Crimeas' and NATO will shut it or face the mother of all wars

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Hellas
reply to post by DJW001

I raise you by Russia getting even more 'Crimeas' and NATO will shut it or face the mother of all wars

The mother of all wars has already begun. I pity the people of Crimea, who have no idea how badly they are about to suffer.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The mother of all wars has already begun. I pity the people of Crimea, who have no idea how badly they are about to suffer.

The ukraine will suffer because they think that the IMF is a good friend. They will suck them dry in a year!

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Hellas
reply to post by DJW001

The ukraine will suffer because they think that the IMF is a good friend. They will suck them dry in a year!

And Russia will suffer because they believed the fantasies of a madman. Putin read the first two chapters of a book about World war Two, then just assumed that Hitler must have won.

top topics

<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join