It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Bearack

bubab

deviant300

Ukraine is preparing a military exercise with the US and Great Britain, Ukrainian security chief Andriy Parubiy has said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Ukraines military, with not even a few days training under their belt, that will end well, friendly fire anybody?

Actually, some of Ukraine's forces are considered elite in that they have more combat experience than Russian forces in that they sent forces to Afghanistan and Iraq.

So how come they got their asses handed to them in Crimea?

I see talk no action.

edit on 19-3-2014 by bubab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The roumor has it that Ukrain and US/NATO are going to have a joint military drill very soon.

Is this how the US/NATO are going to get boots on the ground in Ukrain?

Any body know any more about this?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just have to have this said:

the US/NATO should really cyber-bash the ruskies, I mean relly give them a taste of some nasty, indiscriminate, NSA-engineered, STUXNET-type server-burner. They'll never know where it came from, just like they themselves do from time to time; using a hive of host computers that themselves aren't aware of their part in the operation. Of course, Vlad will have his guesses at it but it can't be proven...

As much as we've been outraged by the NSA we must still admit that it constitutes a state of the art cyber warfare capacity as well.
I say strike them; hard, crippeling and covert!

There, got it out of my system. The regular conversation may be reassumed.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

bubab

Bearack

bubab

deviant300

Ukraine is preparing a military exercise with the US and Great Britain, Ukrainian security chief Andriy Parubiy has said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Ukraines military, with not even a few days training under their belt, that will end well, friendly fire anybody?

Actually, some of Ukraine's forces are considered elite in that they have more combat experience than Russian forces in that they sent forces to Afghanistan and Iraq.

I see talk no action.

It's called strategic no action. Trying to take on Russia would have been suicide as they have the equipment and man power. In a defensive situation, Ukraine will have a slight advantage for a short period of time.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Bearack

bubab

Bearack

bubab

deviant300

www.bbc.co.uk...

I see talk no action.

It's called strategic no action. Trying to take on Russia would have been suicide as they have the equipment and man power. In a defensive situation, Ukraine will have a slight advantage for a short period of time.

But.. but.. they're elite and better combat experienced than Russian forces.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Is anyone watching the meeting at the UN?

US and Russia are going at it. I don't understand Russian, but the US response didn't fall short of calling Russia "thief's" and "delusional".

Link to Reuters live feed.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

But.. but.. they're elite and better combat experienced than Russian forces.

So were the Germans, with a 10 to 1 kill ratio on the Eastern Front. It really doesn't matter when there are 100 Soviets, to each German. It's the same idea here, they could fight, but what would be the point? They'd be wiped out. It also makes no sense for the Ukrainians inside military installations to launch an attack. If you are at a base, you defend.

But, you already knew that, didn't you. You're just trying to denigrate the Ukrainian people, and military. I wonder why...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

GarrusVasNormandy
Is anyone watching the meeting at the UN?

US and Russia are going at it. I don't understand Russian, but the US response didn't fall short of calling Russia "thief's" and "delusional".

Link to Reuters live feed.

webtv.un.org... for a direct feed with no men in the middle gobbildygook.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

You mean like you do with the russians and the links to nazi germany?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yusomad
reply to post by Catacomb

You mean like you do with the russians and the links to nazi germany?

I'm not really sure what you mean exactly, unless you quote something I say. It's easy to make something up, and attach an agenda to thin air. If you mean my thread comparing Putin to Hitler, then yeah. I believe he has taken a similar path, and has the potential to be just as bad, or worse than Hitler. Especially with the recent news, coming from Putin's own mouth, about ethnic policing in Estonia and Crimea.

Other than that, I don't know what you mean really.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

maddy21
I don't know how credible my friend is , He is in Romania and have friends in Ukraine , they tell around 60-70% of the Ukrainian military wants to join Russia . And Russia's next move will be to cause decent and division within the Ukrainian military ..

I'd say he was smoking crack

Like the 123% of Crimea voters

edit on 19-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Here, let me help you with that. But next time, make sure you know what is written under your avatar name, you are responsible for your posts.

Catacomb

So were the Germans, with a 10 to 1 kill ratio on the Eastern Front. It really doesn't matter when there are 100 Soviets, to each German.

Some more, just for the laughs.

Catacomb
And some people on here said that Putin was nowhere close to being similar to Hitler. Are you guys and gals starting to see the similarities? When's the ethnic cleansing going to start?

And almost forgot, this one was authored by you... hitler=putin

edit on 2014u28201403pm19 by Yusomad because: add

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The UK representative to the UN just compared what is happening in Ukraine/Crimea to what happened in 1930's, in a manner urging international action to stop it.

He also states that this is just not about Ukraine, that Russia is defying and disrespecting international law (as a concept).

edit on 19-3-2014 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

GarrusVasNormandy
The UK representative to the UN just compared what is happening in Ukraine/Crimea to what happened in 1930's, in a manner urging international action to stop it.

He also states that this is just not about Ukraine, that Russia is defying and disrespecting international law.

What else do you expect them to say? They have a script to read. That is their job at the UN, to narrate scripts.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

deviant300

19:24: The deadline given by Ukraine's interim President Olexander Turchynov for the release of the detained navy chief, Serhiy Hayduk, has now passed.

Whats going to happen now?

Good question. The deadline passed about an hour and a half ago. Anyone know if Serhiy Hayduk was released? Or is it even known for sure that he was actually ever detained (as opposed to being in transit out of Crimea)? Anything else (other than the UN discussion) happening?
edit on 19-3-2014 by ikonoklast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
He also gave support to the right wingers in power so, not too sure if his time was well spent or not.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have waited days for somebody to post a picture of a very unhappy voter in Crimea with a barrel of a gun (or tank) to their heads.

What do I get, fireworks, flag waving, tears of joy and happyness and partying.

I am patient, still waiting.. take your time.

With their invasion being very aggressive, it should be easy to get some pics. plenty of tanks to supress the unhappyness of the forced Crimean voters.

He is obviously such an evil person, it should be very easy to call my lies out.

Please, show me the errors of my ways. Put me in my place... Show me the pictures of oppressed forced voters.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

bubab

GarrusVasNormandy

He also states that this is just not about Ukraine, that Russia is defying and disrespecting international law.

What else do you expect them to say? They have a script to read. That is their job at the UN, to narrate scripts.

I'm not expecting anything. I'm just narrating for those who can't watch the video. The scripted and usual parts I'm not mentioning.

...Lithuania also compared Russia actions to pre-WW2 tensions. Even referring that Ukrainians remember very well the deportations of their people to concentration camps, and asking who is going to be next.

A tune is starting to appear, and it isn't very nice. The West is diplomaticly cornering itself with such accusations and comparisons, IMO.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
webtv.un.org...

This live stream has English translation

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

GarrusVasNormandy

bubab

GarrusVasNormandy

I'm not expecting anything. I'm just narrating for those who can't watch the video. The scripted and usual parts I'm not mentioning.

...Lithuania also compared Russia actions to pre-WW2 tensions. Even referring that Ukrainians remember very well the deportations of their people to concentration camps, and asking who is going to be next.

A tune is starting to appear, and it isn't very nice. The West is diplomaticly cornering itself with such accusations and comparisons, IMO.

Can they not download the transcript and minutes from the UN site?

new topics

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join