It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 223
<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I don't understand all the comparing of Putin to Hitler. He's more like Stalin...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

WP4YT
I don't understand all the comparing of Putin to Hitler. He's more like Stalin...

Much better.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Phage

WP4YT

Much better.

Ya how many people did uncle Joe have killed or imprisoned. Putin is carrying on a long line of fascism that the Russian people can not escape. What bothers me the most if you are going to do it at least be men about it and wear insignia.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

SubTruth

Phage

WP4YT

Much better.

Ya how many people did uncle Joe have killed or imprisoned. Putin is carrying on a long line of fascism that the Russian people can not escape. What bothers me the most if you are going to do it at least be men about it and wear insignia.

can you guys at least decide, is Putin a fascist or communist?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmonova

He's a dick.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Phage

He's a dick.

I tend to agree with you. He has a d... and some b...s.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Ukraine crisis: Russia warns West over Crimea sanctions

After Mr Lavrov spoke to Mr Kerry, the Russian foreign ministry said in a statement: "(Crimea) republic residents made their democratic choice in line with the international law and the UN charter, which Russia accepts and respects. "The sanctions introduced by the United States and the European Union are unacceptable and will not remain without consequences."

It did not spell out what those consequences might be. Mr Kerry later warned that any incursion by Russia into eastern Ukraine would be "as egregious as any step I can think of". "I hope we don't get there," he added.

Based on the last set of "sanctions" against those 11 people, of which some reside in Russia, I doubt Russia has much to worry about.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Phage

He's a dick.

Agreed, just don't feed the trolls when they come around calling you a Nazi supporter etc. (I made the mistake and it was a waste of time and detracted from the OP) We've had a few new ones lately on here.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The referendum does sort of complicate things though. Don't it?
Who wins? Nazis or pinkos?

edit on 3/19/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Wookiep

The referendum does sort of complicate things though. Don't it?
Who wins? Nazis or pinkos?

edit on 3/19/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Neither. Putin has won so far.
He's still a dick..

Now will he advance further into Ukraine and win that too? I guess we'll see.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Breaking news this morning...

CRIMEAN FORCES STORM UKRAINIAN NAVY HQ

Reports on Twitter suggest that approximately 200 members of pro-Russian forces (Russian troops) are storming a Navy Headquarters in Sevastopol.

UPDATE: ABC Reporter Alexander Marquardt is on scene. Via Twitter he is reporting pro-Russian forces broke the gate and placed Russian flags up. Also 500 Ukrainian soldiers inside this base with pro-Russian forces still inside.
edit on 19-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

ProfessorT
Breaking news this morning...

CRIMEAN FORCES STORM UKRAINIAN NAVY HQ

Reports on Twitter suggest that approximately 200 members of pro-Russian forces (Russian troops) are storming a Navy Headquarters in Sevastopol.

UPDATE: ABC Reporter Alexander Marquardt is on scene. Via Twitter he is reporting pro-Russian forces broke the gate and placed Russian flags up. Also 500 Ukrainian soldiers inside this base with pro-Russian forces still inside.
edit on 19-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

I couldnt find anything but i did find this instead its about a tatar beaten to death

SIMFEROPOL, Crimea – His name is Reshat Ametov, a 38-year-old Crimean Tatar, and many here suspect he is the first victim of Russia’s occupation of the Ukrainian peninsula.

www.kyivpost.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Funny you keep insulting a head of state, must make you feel all warm inside.
So any trustworthy reports from the area?
And, what is it, a soldier shot was the first victim? Or this crimean tatar? Also as pointed out, decide please, cant have it both ways. Oh I see he "dissapeared" 2 weeks ago, how convenient. But can you be sure it was not maidan?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Well, there is this also -

AP reports Crimea's self defence forces storming a Ukrainian naval base in Sevastopol. More soon.

Aljazeera

Looks like they are getting it from AP, same source ProfessorT linked.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Any Ukrainian soldiers in Crimea that fight back against these Russian raids will be shot..by the letter of the law aren't they now occupying military positions on Russian soil?

I kind of feel sorry for the Ukrainian troops currently hold up in Crimea.. they probably just want to go home and have no desire to throw as much as a punch at Russia.. yet, their leaders in Kiev will forever refuse this ''Russian aggression'' and demand its troops remain on Ukrainian Soil.

The best thing that can happen now, is if Russia raids every military outpost containing Ukrainians.. gives the men inside 2 choices >

Stay and fight, or be allowed to return home without issue...

Obama... He has no choice in the matter. The only option open to Obama risks nuclear war. No ones going to war with anyone over Crimea, especially after the vote. Hell, You could probably annex half of eastern Europe before someone threw a punch at Russia.. and this isn't about who's the bigger man, its about keeping the world alive. Even if your pride takes a hit and you back down on public comments... you do what ever you need to do, to avoid a world war and you don't go to a world war unless your nations immediate survival depends on it.

So Russia scored Crimea in this long battle of east vs west.

Didn't the west recently take Iraq & Afghanistan.. topple Libya, Egypt and pushed Syria to the edge... haven't we done far more aggression and blind mass murdering than Russia has in the last 60yrs? how much bombing did Russia need on Crimea before democracy was born?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

And Stalin was a hundred times worse than Hitler....but people seem to forget that.

Rainbows
Jane

PS...as to the Ukranian soldiers stuck in Crimea.....Putin covered that in his speech yesterday. He has no intention of making them POW's or anything else. There is a deadline in place where these soldiers can decide if they want to leave or stay, but if they stay, they cannot join the Russian/Croatian military.....seemed pretty clear cut to me.
As to the local tatar being beaten to death. No doubt there will be for a period of time, locals taking the 'law into their own hands'.
edit on 19-3-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by WP4YT

And Stalin was a hundred times worse than Hitler....but people seem to forget that.

Rainbows
Jane

Stalin was on the "winners" side, hence his genocide was brushed off.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Wookiep

Phage

He's a dick.

Agreed, just don't feed the trolls when they come around calling you a Nazi supporter etc. (I made the mistake and it was a waste of time and detracted from the OP) We've had a few new ones lately on here.

You are right about the new ones, or new trolls anyway. These guys are managing to post every few minutes for up to 18 hours at a time, all of them have joined ats within the last couple of weeks and all will not even budge an itch on any east vs west issue. Now I could be wrong.

Anyway saw the BBC news ticker flash up something about the Israeli army targeting Syrian army sites this morning. Could be related to this European issue.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Yusomad

angelchemuel
reply to post by WP4YT

Rainbows
Jane

Stalin was on the "winners" side, hence his genocide was brushed off.

Precisely....thank you

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by trinityschild

I'll have to go looking for it, but late last night I came across a reputable source that Netenyahu had said US had not been tough enough over what's happened in Crimea, it sounded like a 'veiled threat' and I can't remember the details, but somehow it was linked to Syria.....I'll see if I can find it. I know it worried me a bit when I read it.

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 220  221  222    224  225  226 >>

join