It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 221
<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

“All those people were out there waving flags in the streets last night, but the rest of us are just waiting — for what, we don’t know,” said Dimitry Kozimov, a cafe manager in the Crimean capital, Simferopol, who is worried because his supplies of fresh meat from Kiev, the Ukrainian capital, have stopped. He has more questions than answers. Will his liquor license cost more? Can he still commute between his home in Ukraine and his job in a new Russian territory? Will he be taxed twice? “The only thing I’m sure of is that this is going to be a very difficult time for us.”

link

edit on 18-3-2014 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by Im2keul

You mean like this.....

I'll probably get a ticking off for that now!........*exits thread...stage left*

Rainbows
Jane

Exactly

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Moldova's Jitters About Russia Worry Romania

www.balkaninsight.com...

Moldova tells Russia: don't eye annexation here

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

There are always winners and losers. If he wants to be a winner, he needs to see his 'problems' as an opportunity to be a winner for himself and his family. Which reading between the lines I think he does. I just hate 'sound bite' journalism.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Fingle

www.balkaninsight.com...

www.reuters.com...

So far all we see is: dont come in here; no actual move to get in there so...
But if you want to take this as news that russia will annexionate europe, be my guest. Seems you have been expecting this for couple of weeks now. Ah dont forget to throw 1939 there, it would n ot be the same.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Im2keul

www.washingtonpost.com... l

Not sure why the link to the article is not working for me... keeps coming up as "Page not Found" on the Washington Post website. Here is the link that I did get to work by copying some of the article you posted into Google:

Crimea becomes more Russian by the hour

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Yusomad

Fingle

www.balkaninsight.com...

www.reuters.com...

But if you want to take this as news that russia will annexionate europe, be my guest. Seems you have been expecting this for couple of weeks now. Ah dont forget to throw 1939 there, it would n ot be the same.

Theres an old saying actions speak louder than words. so needless to say hes made all his neighbors very nervous.When the world sees Putin as a power mad dictator its going to make his neighbors hostile. Hes not thinking about long term consequences for his actions he will now have several neighbors looking for ways to screw him over its going to get bad for the russian people.Ireally do feel sorry for them since there are russians who disagree with him but to do so you can end up in a labor camp working 16 hrs a day.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

dragonridr

Yusomad

Fingle

www.balkaninsight.com...

www.reuters.com...

Theres an old saying actions speak louder than words. so needless to say hes made all his neighbors very nervous.When the world sees Putin as a power mad dictator its going to make his neighbors hostile. Hes not thinking about long term consequences for his actions he will now have several neighbors looking for ways to screw him over its going to get bad for the russian people.Ireally do feel sorry for them since there are russians who disagree with him but to do so you can end up in a labor camp working 16 hrs a day.

You keep telling us that, but really nothing of the sort happened, no matter how much you want to twist it. And dont feel sorry for them, they wont feel the same for you.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Here is proof that the US is actively involved in the political changes in Ukrain.

The first video was picked up by the Russians. This is confirmed in video number 2. She calles it a New low from the Russians.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

MyMindIsMyOwn

Im2keul

www.washingtonpost.com... l

Not sure why the link to the article is not working for me... keeps coming up as "Page not Found" on the Washington Post website. Here is the link that I did get to work by copying some of the article you posted into Google:

Crimea becomes more Russian by the hour

Link is fixed

edit on 18-3-2014 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

MOSCOW, March 18 (RIA Novosti) – Russian energy giant Gazprom is seeking access to oil and gas deposits in the territorial waters of Crimea, which became Russian territory on Tuesday.
“Gazprom was the first to file its request,” Rustam Temirgaliyev, the region’s first deputy prime minister, said in an interview with RIA Novosti.
The Crimean parliament, which refused to recognize the new Ukrainian government and held a popular vote on secession and reunification with Russia on Sunday, ruled on Monday that all Ukrainian state property in the region is to become the property of Crimea.
Crimean leaders signed a reunification treaty with Russia on Tuesday.
According to Temirgaliyev, about 1.5 billion cubic meters of gas are extracted annually in Crimea, which has one of the biggest Black Sea shelf deposits of oil and gas.

Link

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

AzureSky

MOSCOW, March 18 (RIA Novosti) – Russian energy giant Gazprom is seeking access to oil and gas deposits in the territorial waters of Crimea, which became Russian territory on Tuesday.
“Gazprom was the first to file its request,” Rustam Temirgaliyev, the region’s first deputy prime minister, said in an interview with RIA Novosti.
The Crimean parliament, which refused to recognize the new Ukrainian government and held a popular vote on secession and reunification with Russia on Sunday, ruled on Monday that all Ukrainian state property in the region is to become the property of Crimea.
Crimean leaders signed a reunification treaty with Russia on Tuesday.
According to Temirgaliyev, about 1.5 billion cubic meters of gas are extracted annually in Crimea, which has one of the biggest Black Sea shelf deposits of oil and gas.

Link

Good, send some trade their way. Perfect place for that Southern Pipe, which will end up in Europe anyway.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sparklez

I agree. At least they did it the right way instead of just going in with an army and taking control of it by force. Like some countries we know.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

AzureSky

I agree. At least they did it the right way instead of just going in with an army and taking control of it by force. Like some countries we know.

I disagree the EU botched this bad now everyones running around trying yo figure out how to fix it. Which means diplomats will be working overtime trying to patch up the Ukrainian government. There a disorganized mess with 4 different factions vying for control of the new government. Ukraine needs to get behind one of these groups yesterday.Hoprfully wont be the far right if they want to survive.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

dragonridr

AzureSky

I disagree the EU botched this bad now everyones running around trying yo figure out how to fix it. Which means diplomats will be working overtime trying to patch up the Ukrainian government. There a disorganized mess with 4 different factions vying for control of the new government. Ukraine needs to get behind one of these groups yesterday.Hoprfully wont be the far right if they want to survive.

Botched what? Their little coup?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
^^^^^^^^^^ATS Don't feed the Troll ^^^^^^^^^^^^
edit on Tue, 18 Mar 2014 18:12:11 -0500126America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

sparklez

spy66

Here is proof that the US is actively involved in the political changes in Ukrain.

The first video was picked up by the Russians. This is confirmed in video number 2. She calles it a New low from the Russians.

My response to that is F*CK the US

Works both ways.

edit on 18-3-2014 by sparklez because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Mar 18 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

Its no secret the state department is pissed they advised before this the EU needs to stay out of Ukraine over a year ago. It was no secret this was going to be a flash point with Russia.However the EU was thinking of gas production and Royal dutch petroleum went in smelling blood. Funny part is now some of the exploratory work they did is going to go to the Russians in sure there execs are up in arms at the lost revenue.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

edit on 3/18/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

sparklez

dragonridr

AzureSky

Botched what? Their little coup?

No they wanted gas rights and made one hell of an offer to Ukraine estimates upwards of 100 billion a year to develop the gas rights in truth it was going to be less because shell i have a feeling over estimated the resources. They were saying this could be achieved through fracking im betting they're wrong. But we shall see no one did regime change here merely made a better offer than the Russians even though the state department advised them not to. But they can't control a european gas company. There was a lot more going on then you're overly simplistic view. The EU never intended to oust the president if they had they wouldnt have made him 5 different offers to entice him because now there locked into an investment that wont see returns for a long time.

new topics

top topics

<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join