It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 220
<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ukraine really does need to put up a fight. They have, for many weeks now been the target of aggression from Russian soldiers and alleged pro-Russian groups both of whom have been called Self Defence Forces. There is no such thing as 'Self Defence Forces' operating in Crimea because it's clear these heavily armed men are Russian soldiers. Some of them have even admitted this fact.

Crimea is still Ukraine's land, not Russia's. Russia invaded Ukraine whilst the country was brought to its knees by the last government and their corruption. Imposing economic sanctions is not enough, essentially it is pointless. Vladimir Putin doesn't care because he can sell his gas and oil to other countries run by dictators similar to him.

NATO needs to help Ukraine but Ukraine needs to help itself first by defending their land.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Is it just me or does this guy sound and look nervous? (for some reason you have to skip the video about 35 seconds)

edit on 18-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
UKRAINIAN MILITARY IN CRIMEA allowed to use weapons

www.pravda.com.ua...

Two deaths have now been reported in Crimea.

www.rferl.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
In Simferopol, from sniper fire two were killed and two injured - Crimean police

www.c-inform.info...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I think he looked really tired.

Didn't see him as being nervous though, just tired.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
NATO Secretary General: condemns moves to incorporate Crimea into Russian Federation

I am deeply concerned by reports of the death of one Ukrainian officer. It is urgent that all sides show restraint and take all possible steps to avoid further escalation.

www.nato.int...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Acting Ukrainian President Oleksandr Turchynov tells a news conference in Kyiv that he wants to "remind you of the history." "World War II started with fascist Germany's annexation of territories belonging to other states. Today Russian President Putin, who likes to talk about fascism, is repeating the actions of the fascists of the last century by annexing the territory of an independent state which is recognized by the entire world."

That is taken from the Live Blog, Crisis in Ukraine

History is beginning to repeat itself...

Yeppers.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yup...I watched that live on TV....There was a bit of a pause...like he got lost....I felt he was going to come out with something that was totally against the administration...but no he didn't....but like you say, from that point in he seemed 'uncomfortable' shall we say, like he wasn't believing what he was saying. I know his whole 'speech' became weird at that point. Hmmmmmmm..

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Britain suspends all arms exports to Russia as fears grow of military escalation in Ukraine

Is this another joke ? What exactly does Britain export to Russia ? I know French are selling them few Warships ..

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Wookiep
Is it just me or does this guy sound and look nervous? (for some reason you have to skip the video about 35 seconds)

edit on 18-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Nervous, maybe.
I get the feeling he doesn't believe in, or possibly agree with what he is saying.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

Now that you guys mention it, I can see that, you might be right. Whatever the case, something is off..

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

At the long pause bit, I was half expecting him to take off his glasses, rub his eyes and come out with something like "Oh to hell with all this, it's all bull#...the world's going to hell in a handbasket....I'm outta here" puts glasses back on and exits stage left.
That's how long his pause was.

Well, it didn't happen.....so moving on....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

maddy21

Is this another joke ? What exactly does Britain export to Russia ? I know French are selling them few Warships ..

theguardian.com

More than £80m of licences for arms to Russia were granted last year alone, for a wide range of equipment.

They included ammunition, and equipment for military aircraft and helicopters, according to official figures.

One licence was for an unlimited number of parts for military aircraft, including helicopters.

Britain has sold more than £400m worth of arms to Russia since 2008, compared to just £24m to Ukraine, official figures show.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Well, you noticed it enough to mention it, and 2 others of us have noticed enough to reply to you.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Darkblade71

Acting Ukrainian President Oleksandr Turchynov tells a news conference in Kyiv that he wants to "remind you of the history." "World War II started with fascist Germany's annexation of territories belonging to other states. Today Russian President Putin, who likes to talk about fascism, is repeating the actions of the fascists of the last century by annexing the territory of an independent state which is recognized by the entire world."

That is taken from the Live Blog, Crisis in Ukraine

History is beginning to repeat itself...

Yeppers.

This present Ukrain leader is a member and supporter of Fascism. The US abmasador have hand picked this guy out of a Group of Three members. This was done a few months ago.

Remember the Amasador who said F..ck EU. She has been running this show on bhalf of CFR. Its on tape. Her conversation is on tape, where she basically hand pick the New prolitical leader of ukrain.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by Im2keul

At the long pause bit, I was half expecting him to take off his glasses, rub his eyes and come out with something like "Oh to hell with all this, it's all bull#...the world's going to hell in a handbasket....I'm outta here" puts glasses back on and exits stage left.
That's how long his pause was.

Well, it didn't happen.....so moving on....

Rainbows
Jane

I had the same thought!
LMAO!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I agree that there was something particularly odd about Jay Carney's press conference. He seemed to take ages just to say a few lines, not necessarily long pauses but he seemed like he didn't want to say what was written on his sheets of paper. However, whatever was written he would have write it himself. It could be the case that personally he has a different view and feels there are more forceful ways that the Presidential Administration could adopt.
edit on 18-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

I agree, Everyone knows Putin and Co. are laughing at the sanctions, and the threat of more to come.
I'm sure there is movement happening that they will not mention, to avoid any unnecessary escalation till everything is in place.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

top topics

<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join