It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Theoretically if Russia n US n EU end up going MAD then china will rise up as dominant power . But the planet will be ## by then.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

maddy21

DJW001
This is it. If the people of Crimea return blank ballots, it means that Crimea still considers itself part of Ukraine. If that happens, NATO will be justified in sinking the Russian Black Sea Fleet at harbor. Good luck cleaning that mess up.

Justified ? when was the last time NATO needed Justification to massacre,Rape ,pillage and loot . They do it anyway just because they can . Don't think NATO needs justification for anything . There hasn't been a single Death in Crimea while same cannot be said about US allies themselves , killing Pakistani soldiers,bombing Afgan soldiers , bombing Marriage convoys and not to mention getting away with pretty much anything...
edit on 14-3-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

If that were true Russia's military would be destroyed by now and Russia would have already launched their ICBMs as their final goodbye.Luckily they arent like you claim but keep trying as they say maybe theres other stuff we can blame on them before this is over.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Foxtrot7x
Theoretically if Russia n US n EU end up going MAD then china will rise up as dominant power . But the planet will be ## by then.

I read an article that said 100 thermonuclear warheads could destroy all life on earth do to the damage to the environment. US and Russia have thousands this is an extinction event if it happens.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
@ riouz Well what about the other eastern Ukraine ? U seem to have forgotten the ongoing conflicts between people, the massing of russian military assets, not just near crimea. What do you think about that ? I would really like an opinion because I don't see putin deescalating after crimea referendum,since crimea is almost gone over to russia and nobody is going horse# about that.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

dragonridr

Foxtrot7x

I read an article that said 100 thermonuclear warheads could destroy all life on earth do to the damage to the environment. US and Russia have thousands this is an extinction event if it happens.

Humans have already far exceeded that number just in tests! So no, the earth would survive those levels.

Life will go on, perhaps, in the Northern Hemisphere, not as we know it.

P

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

dragonridr

maddy21

DJW001
This is it. If the people of Crimea return blank ballots, it means that Crimea still considers itself part of Ukraine. If that happens, NATO will be justified in sinking the Russian Black Sea Fleet at harbor. Good luck cleaning that mess up.

Justified ? when was the last time NATO needed Justification to massacre,Rape ,pillage and loot . They do it anyway just because they can . Don't think NATO needs justification for anything . There hasn't been a single Death in Crimea while same cannot be said about US allies themselves , killing Pakistani soldiers,bombing Afgan soldiers , bombing Marriage convoys and not to mention getting away with pretty much anything...
edit on 14-3-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

If that were true Russia's military would be destroyed by now and Russia would have already launched their ICBMs as their final goodbye.Luckily they arent like you claim but keep trying as they say maybe theres other stuff we can blame on them before this is over.

Wet dreams, nothing more ....you have not been able to fight against ragtag 3rd world militia what makes you think you can take out Russia ? They aren't whom i claim ? Libya ? Iraq ? Kosovo or how about the fact that U.S has been at war with someone or the other for more than 90% of its existing life ? Might want to look at how many people have been killed in this war on terror ?Supporting religious extremists in Syria ? NATO bravado goes when it comes to defeating 3rd world nations, the whole thing crumbles when facing a military power like Russia .

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
In the current Ukrainian dilemma, the key thought is the stillness, in a fluid situation, that harnesses the motivation, behind the act or the contained facts, that are still in view, yet profoundly visible and yet invisible, like the wind its force is felt, but not often seen, so with little to see, the rhetoric has become the front-line, until the real line appears or is crossed, that instant, when it finally appears, to comfort the consortium's, will fill the current void and enable the paradox and both to come to fruition. Then the purpose of the fear installed will arrange the outcome as initially projected.
Why- Panem et circenses

edit on 14-3-2014 by Fingle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

dragonridr

Off thread-
Lol I think a referendum can be used for better things like the use of nuclear weapons of a country. Why should a group of people have a right to use or not use them when its going to affect myself . Even if we did elect them , nuclear weapon use is a huge thing. So let people vote on it , then I'm pretty sure things will always be sane. Unless ofc its a referendum at basically gun point. Maybe the UN can observe that !

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Foxtrot7x
@ riouz Well what about the other eastern Ukraine ? U seem to have forgotten the ongoing conflicts between people, the massing of russian military assets, not just near crimea. What do you think about that ? I would really like an opinion because I don't see putin deescalating after crimea referendum,since crimea is almost gone over to russia and nobody is going horse# about that.

US sends military equipment and men near the region for Military Exercises ...

Russia Sends military equipment and men on there Borders for Military Exercise .....

More to follow

Riouz

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is not going to go Nuke, Sometimes some of you folks just want the worst possible thing to happen. All I can say is that if you are wanting to see that kind of crap go down then you must have very sad little lives.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Double post, odd.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Mamatus because: double

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Riouz

Russia Sends military equipment and men on there Borders for Military Exercise .....

Lol seriously you can't be that naive. US held exercises because they usually do that . And even if they did that more recently its to act as a deterrent to Putin's aggression. Also have you seen the size of military movements of russia ? That is no way on earth an exercise lol . Exercise with a few units yes . Excercise with a hundered diff units , tank , artillery, troops numbering in thousands ?? That is a preparation !! For invasion. For actual use not just show and readiness check. Lol to think that you still think its just an excercise.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Four former Soviet satellites in Central Europe signed a military pact Friday to coordinate defence planning and to create a joint combat unit to operate under NATO and EU auspices, in response to the Ukraine crisis.

"The current situation in Europe shows that unfortunately a military conflict, previously considered unthinkable, could happen," Polish Defence Minister Tomasz Siemoniak said at a meeting of the Visegrad 4 (V4) group of countries -- the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia.

Speaking in Visegrad, Hungary, he said the Ukraine crisis showed the importance of "more dynamic cooperation" between the V4 countries within NATO and the European Union.

The "V4-EU" combat unit would only be ready to take part in NATO or EU operations by 2016, however, he said, adding that V4 military cooperation was "unique" within the NATO miliary alliance.

Europe's defence capabilities can be "improved," he told a news conference.

Hungarian Defence Minister Csaba Hende said that the joint body would comprise 3,000 soldiers contributed by the four countries.

Former Soviet satellites sign joint military pact

Meanwhile, I read somewhere on this massive thread that Putin is trying to figure out ways to strengthen ties with Latin American countries.

I do not like where all of this is headed.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Foxtrot7x

Riouz

Lol seriously you can't be that naive. US held exercises because they usually do that . And even if they did that more recently its to act as a deterrent to Putin's aggression. Also have you seen the size of military movements of russia ? That is no way on earth an exercise lol . Exercise with a few units yes . Excercise with a hundered diff units , tank , artillery, troops numbering in thousands ?? That is a preparation !! For invasion. For actual use not just show and readiness check. Lol to think that you still think its just an excercise.

And you source for a full scale invasion is .......
Military Exersises That's all Tit for Tat Political Games nothing more between the west and east

Unfortunately civilians don't come into the equation ....

Rious

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Mamatus

Of course we don't want a nuke war , are you insane. But nuclear weapons exist and it has been used in the past and was almost used again . so I don't understand why we shouldn't be talking about it . the possibility of it going that way exist. Did you think people thought it would be used in Hiroshima ? It just was used . It can happen again . Not talking about it won't just cause them to cease go exist. You just want to live in a dream world but ground realities are something else and I sir know what could happen . So yes I talk about it and no I don't live a sad life.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
@rious - lol so you want to want a definitive source . ofc I don't have it when it hasn't happened or said so by russians. But again its pretty clear by what's happening and this is how a war starts if you see care to learn some history.
Political tit for tat is by words not by amassing this much miltary near a sovereign nations border. Not when the said nation is militarily weaker to you . I'm sure you'll eat your words in a few weeks down the line.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This will not go nuclear, but it could lead to the rebirth of the Cold War and another arms race. The proof is in the pudding.

Ukraine's leadership already stated they regret giving up the nukes because of the situation that they are in now. Hint hint: they will start developing them. Russia will not let that happen, plus they don't recognize Ukraine's new leaders or government as being official which is why we are seeing events unfold as they are now.

Four Baltic countries have formed a military pact. The US is sending assets to those countries. NATO probably will send more.

Russia is going to form ties with Latin American countries and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Russian bases spring up in South America.

100 billion dollars of US treasuries was sold today. Who did it? People speculate Russia did in order to limit the effectiveness of threatened sanctions after the referendum on Sunday.

China warns the West about sanctioning Russia, saying it could spiral out of control.

It will be a stalemate; Who knows maybe even eventually resulting in two new countries; East and West Ukraine. History will be repeating itself all over again. Cold War II is possible.

The first one didn't go nuclear, and I doubt the second one will if it happens.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

pheonix358

dragonridr

Foxtrot7x

Humans have already far exceeded that number just in tests! So no, the earth would survive those levels.

Life will go on, perhaps, in the Northern Hemisphere, not as we know it.

P

In the study they were talking the about hitting major cities in Russia and US simultaneously not over a period of time. each would kick up dust and radiation so even if you survived the radiation the dust in the atmosphere would prevent the sun from hitting the earth for a year or two we become one big ice block. Has nothing to do with how many has been done over a period of time. They just ran a computer simulation now it could be wrong but than the question becomes by how much 500 more?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Even I don't think it will go nuclear but a possibilty exists.
And I agree with you , other nations will look to build them coz they have seen what has happened in Ukraine. Nuclear weapons can the the only deterrent vs bigger countires with huge military. So if all countries go that way you know it will get messy. US NATO have to make a stand otherwise everyone else will feel their protection is just words .. n so they have to protect themselves the only way they can ......

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Last Vice News dispatch

top topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join