It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Did you notice the police are only half heartedly protecting those Ukrainians. Not even bothering to try to arrest pro russian supporters throwing bricks which could easily kill someone. Im also wondering in that Vice video the guy on the ground bleeding looks like he was stabbed i wonder if that was the guy that died from stab wounds as was reported to the media? Well we see which side is violent now dont we why arent the russians protecting the non ethnic russians i wonder? Im sure if Russian troops wanted they could have shut that down immediately.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I wonder if the US and other world governments have taken into account how much Russia intervened in the on-going civil war in Syria where Russia agreed to take possession of some of Syria's chemical weapons and destroy them. What if those chemical weapons haven't been destroyed and Vladimir Putin planned an invasion of Ukraine (perhaps other countries too) all along with the use of chemical weapons?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Ugh....that's a scary thought

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

ProfessorT
I wonder if the US and other world governments have taken into account how much Russia intervened in the on-going civil war in Syria where Russia agreed to take possession of some of Syria's chemical weapons and destroy them. What if those chemical weapons haven't been destroyed and Vladimir Putin planned an invasion of Ukraine (perhaps other countries too) all along with the use of chemical weapons?

Russia put troops on the ground in Syria for the exact same reason they have a base there. You cant believe Putin is making sure Syria does anything there buddies. And i hate to tell you guys this but all these war games arent war games they are Russian troops being put on alert. There preparing for war and im thinking the wrong man is in the white house to handle this and its going to go all the way. For one the Obama admin keeps trying to publicly shame Putin into backing down. The US government should be saying nothing right now and handling everything by back channels off the world stage. Then they can come to an agreement without either side looking weak. Now they set the stage that someone has to be the fall guy. The only statement the US should have made is we are currently in negotiations to settle the crises. But no they wanted to go public and im afraid there starting world war 3 from stupidity.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

dragonridr
reply to post by Wookiep

Did you notice the police are only half heartedly protecting those Ukrainians. Not even bothering to try to arrest pro russian supporters throwing bricks which could easily kill someone. Im also wondering in that Vice video the guy on the ground bleeding looks like he was stabbed i wonder if that was the guy that died from stab wounds as was reported to the media? Well we see which side is violent now dont we why arent the russians protecting the non ethnic russians i wonder? Im sure if Russian troops wanted they could have shut that down immediately.

So where is the Russia troops that were sent in to keep the peace?

As far as I can see Russia has sent them In to stir up tensions with ethnics and the Ukraine people

No doubt most of the crowds are plane closed Russian troops, why are all all pro Russian demos violent middle aged men

Is the tactic Beat up the Ukrainians and make them fear going out onto the streets to denounce the minority's taking over there country ? lies after lies

What a joke this is... I can't believe this sort of thing is happening in 2014, these animals need to be stopped ASAP,
edit on 14-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What does this suggest?

Markets fear Russia has cut US treasury bill holding over Ukraine crisis

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I did notice that. The police did not act the same way when it got out of hand in Kiev... I would imagine the orders have come from the govt to not act aggressive to pro-Russian supporters. This would give Putin an excuse to roll into eastern Ukraine.
edit on 14-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

khimbar
'"Crimea means more to Russia than the Falklands mean to Britain," Lavrov said.'

That phrase, that one phrase, says so much.

Only difference is Great Briton never invaded and annexed them with force from Argentina

No, Britain had them before Argentina existed as a country.

See I heard a different thing when he said it.

I heard, encoded not so subtly, 'We are quite prepared to go to war for Crimea'.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Fingle
What does this suggest?

Markets fear Russia has cut US treasury bill holding over Ukraine crisis

www.theguardian.com...

It suggests that if there are sanctions more will follow. That's a huge sell of US treasuries.

Will the US stock market start with a loss on Monday? Time will tell. Follow the money. Someone is standing to make a lion's share off of this.
edit on 14-3-2014 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What a fruking mess. IMO the USA should move troops and everything they have to the borders of Ukraine. At least a show of force that clearly s says. "You may have gotten Crimea but that's it".

I do not want to see a WW3 but it does seem that the only thing the Russians will respond to is force. Putin views the USA as weak and at this point so is the rest of the world.

On the topic; What good are drones when the Russians can jam their radio signals and crash them? So much for a drone war against anyone that can throw more than rocks.

This is some ugly poop and it looks like something really really bad is going to happen. Poor Ukrainians.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

khimbar

TritonTaranis

khimbar
'"Crimea means more to Russia than the Falklands mean to Britain," Lavrov said.'

That phrase, that one phrase, says so much.

Only difference is Great Briton never invaded and annexed them with force from Argentina

No, Britain had them before Argentina existed as a country.

See I heard a different thing when he said it.

I heard, encoded not so subtly, 'We are quite prepared to go to war for Crimea'.

That's what I heard, that rang out more than what was actually said... But afterwards, I thought that doesn't make sense

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
"Unconfirmed reports of gunfire in #Kharkiv (eastern) #Ukraine. Looking into it." - @StateOfUkraine

Kharkiv is just one of the places that Russian troops are building up en mass. I really hope this isn't what I think it is however reports of gunfire are being widely reported on Twitter. If this is the start say hello to NATO Vladimir!
edit on 14-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I would have to disagree with the sentiment the US should send troops to the Ukraine. The US has lost too many service members fighting wars that it had no business fighting.

Perhaps the UN should send "Peacekeepers" since they are saying Russia is breaking their rules.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Mamatus
What a fruking mess. IMO the USA should move troops and everything they have to the borders of Ukraine. At least a show of force that clearly s says. "You may have gotten Crimea but that's it".

I do not want to see a WW3 but it does seem that the only thing the Russians will respond to is force. Putin views the USA as weak and at this point so is the rest of the world.

On the topic; What good are drones when the Russians can jam their radio signals and crash them? So much for a drone war against anyone that can throw more than rocks.

This is some ugly poop and it looks like something really really bad is going to happen. Poor Ukrainians.

Do you really think two super powers could have a war without going nuclear? Remember this fight will be on Russias back door not some far off area of the globe.If fighting starts we can kiss civilization goodbye for a couple of hundred years. Its going to be the 1600s again with a much smaller world population in the thousands.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Hope warning shots, celebration, exercises, anything but the start of senseless hostilities.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

majesticgent
reply to post by Mamatus

I would have to disagree with the sentiment the US should send troops to the Ukraine.

Please note I said the borders surround Ukraine. Obama has to show some nuts or Putin is gonna steam roll Eastern Europe.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
*** Edit nevermind, that was so yesterday.

edit on 14-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Actually Yes I do think they can go to war without going nuke. As long as that war is limited to someone land besides Russia's or the USA.

The USA funded and armed the Afghans that Russia was at war with and the whole world knew it. Russia did not nuke the USA. They went dead ass broke instead.

No Superpower wants to go Nuke. It is call Mutually Assured Destruction for a reason.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The video below from YouTube has purportedly been recorded in Kharkiv, Ukraine at 2200hrs. In the video you can clearly hear what sounds like gunfire and you can also see Molotov cocktails being thrown against a building. By the sound of things it's another demonstration gone wrong - more than likely the gangs of Pro-Russian supporters that John Kerry was talking about earlier.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Well now,
at least we know that our drones are ineffective.

Gotta take every ounce of information we can from every aspect of the encounters.

Give them a few drones so we can see what they can do to them, and then adjust accordingly.
I agree with you about massing something around the Ukraine. I don't think it has to be troops as much as missile defense and maybe another wall....

Perhaps the Ukraine will become like Berlin and Germany before the fall of the wall.

A new but smaller iron curtain.

new topics

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join