It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 187
<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The mixed messages are meant to confuse.
That means they will I bet.

Saying they won't at this point is simply to try to keep everyone confused so that when they do invade, it will be a somewhat surprise to some, however, I would hope most people see right through that.

At this point nothing is to be believed and everything should be expected.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is Russia's military movement as of about 5 ago's according to Twitter post.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Could it be this is a word game? Russia feels it is "theirs'' anyway , so how can they ' invade' their own land?
Just a thought because they have been saying they're not going to invade for days.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Russia are just playing Battleships basically. The rest of the world knows what they are upto and thank God for the implementation of social media. If anything it is more informative than the main stream media because it allows you to read between the lines and cut out all of the propaganda and make an informed decision based on the facts provided,

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum would be able to translate what is going on and the literature in the picture at the following link:

Click here

Is this the Ukranian army on a training excercise?
edit on 14-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by schmae

It could very well be a word game. No country will ever come out and say "We want war". It first has to be made to look like it's the other countries fault. I tend to think actions speak louder than words, and right now with the mass of Russian military hardware on the borders it's hard to believe that statement from Lavrov.

So far, Russia has only expressed interest in the Crimea portion of Ukraine. There may be parts of eastern Ukraine wishing to also become part of Russia but those parts don't have the same "independent" status that Crimea does, at least that is my understanding... So if Putin pushes for Eastern Ukraine I think it will get ugly. I can't see him pushing for the west like Kiev etc. I guess we'll see if Putin really is bat # insane over the next few weeks..

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There are now unconfirmed reports that Russia have intercepted a US drone flying over Crimea. There is lots of talk on Twitter, lots of links to seemingly small independent 'news" websites but nothing from the main news sources yet. I wonder how this will change things. So it looks like the US are involved militarily. First Blackwater troops and now a drone.

US drone intercepted in Crimean airspace - Russia's state corporation

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

ProfessorT
There are now unconfirmed reports that Russia have intercepted a US drone flying over Crimea. There is lots of talk on Twitter, lots of links to seemingly small independent 'news" websites but nothing from the main news sources yet. I wonder how this will change things. So it looks like the US are involved militarily. First Blackwater troops and now a drone.

I thought they'd claimed to have intercepted a drone the other day? Is this another one?

Or am I having a massive 'glitch in the Matrix' episode?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

You are correct. A couple of days ago it was reported that two US "drones" (UAVs) were shot down. They said one was "heavier with two engines". It was also reported to have been shot down by the Crimean Self Defense Forces.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

This report seems more credible as it has a ton of information associated with it. I wonder if they'll be flashing pictures of it.
edit on 14-3-2014 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

khimbar

ProfessorT

I thought they'd claimed to have intercepted a drone the other day? Is this another one?

Or am I having a massive 'glitch in the Matrix' episode?

I just read this not sure if its the same one but it gives some details.And might i say the crimean defense force is like state of the art there hacking droans now.

news.yahoo.com...

Nato is on the move as well been reading unconfirmed reports there starting to patrol the black sea.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Yes its says Ukrainian forces on training manouvres

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Lol 'invaded , threatening to , setting up to ' semantics lol . What do you think all these thousands of troops, huge columns of tanks , armour , artillery, large large scale military excersices for ?? I think we have established that no one is invading Russia . So pray tell me all you non believers what its for ? If you still think Putin's playing angel then you will never believe and nothing can change your mind ever.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
And a post earlier buy someone said Ukrainian commanders need specific formal orders otherwise with things getting so tense they have to take action somewhere down the line .
I really feel for those guys. Keiv needs to get its act together and if eu n west n nato are going to do anhthing they need to do it fast. All this rhetoric, neutral statements, wait n watch approach is putting a lot of lives at stake. What if they are pushed far n theh open fire ? Then fighting erupts in crimea and the international community will be caught pants down.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Update : Inch by inch .. now the Russians are patrolling the skies in Belarus!
By Invite apparently???

They say it is in response to NATO forces exercising in Poland.

Source

MINSK (Reuters) - Russia will send several warplanes to its military ally Belarus in response to increased NATO activity near the borders of the ex-Soviet republic, the commander of the Belarussian air force was quoted as saying on Wednesday. President Alexander Lukashenko had said earlier that Belarus would ask Russia to deploy 12 to 15 warplanes on its territory after the United States and Poland began war games that are expected to involve at least 12 U.S. F-16 fighter jets. Belarus borders Russia, Ukraine and NATO members Poland, Lithuania and Latvia. Further south, a joint exercise of U.S., Bulgarian and Romanian naval forces in the Black Sea started on Wednesday.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
(DELETED)

edit on 03pm31pmf0000002014-03-14T14:00:47-05:000247 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The latest from VICE. Crazy video from yesterday.

edit on 14-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
And another (not VICE) -

edit on 14-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Say it was staged now ??
Barbaric fighting like a bunch of savages. Its always the ones in majority that gets violent. Throwing stone like that ! All those russian sympathizers like this video do you ?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

khimbar
'"Crimea means more to Russia than the Falklands mean to Britain," Lavrov said.'

That phrase, that one phrase, says so much.

Only difference is Great Briton never invaded and annexed them with force from Argentina

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Those poor Ukrainians

Getting beaten up and attacked by foreigners in there own country while the world watches, must be frustrating and sad to see what Russia is doing to them

new topics

top topics

<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join