It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

dragonridr

And i also refer you to the title of the article

Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat
BY ANDREW OSBORN AND LINA KUSHCH
edit on 3/14/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

Yet neither you, nor they, can substantiate that threat other than yours and their interpretation of one quote?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

khimbar

dragonridr

Yet neither you, nor they, can substantiate that threat other than yours and their interpretation of one quote?

Id say Putins history does that nicely since weve heard that line before. As Putin invaded other countries under the same false pretext. So believe whater RT tells you but they are nothing more than a propaganda arm for Putin. Heck they cant even book guests anymore because everyone has figured out there not a real news agency.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

dragonridr

khimbar

dragonridr

Id say Putins history does that nicely since weve heard that line before. As Putin invaded other countries under the same false pretext. So believe whater RT tells you but they are nothing more than a propaganda arm for Putin. Heck they cant even book guests anymore because everyone has figured out there not a real news agency.

So, no you can't back up your claims then? That's all I wanted to know.

My thanks.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by TritonTaranis

So this fact alone goes a long way in proving that the anti west brigade are spouting BS once again

What fact? What proof?

All I got was a great deal of Western Propaganda to go with all the Russian Propaganda.

The only differences between them is that the West is full of Hypocrisy and Putin at least has a sense of humor.

P

Is it really that hard to understand

You're saying the west has influence the Ukrainian people's decision to favour wester value way of life and less ties with its brutal pass under Moscow's rule?

So how does one go about brainwashing the large majority of a population?

When you have worked it out please het back to me

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

khimbar

dragonridr

khimbar

dragonridr

So, no you can't back up your claims then? That's all I wanted to know.

My thanks.

First wasnt my claim i didnt write the article and second I did but thanks for playing hopefully in the future youll pay more attention to the articles first before you ask questions. Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You're saying the west has influence the Ukrainian people's decision to favour wester value way of life and less ties with its brutal pass under Moscow's rule?

Really how can someone possibly assume that, I'm sure West would never do that as there's no history of them doing it.
Oh wait...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

dragonridr

First wasnt my claim i didnt write the article and second I did but thanks for playing hopefully in the future youll pay more attention to the articles first before you ask questions. Thanks again.

You sure?

dragonridr
Heres a good rundown for the latest events.And there scarry Putin is continuing his chest pounding and Europe is starting to firm up against him. Then of course now he threatening to invade the rest of Ukraine as well a move i honsestly think will bring NATO troop into the mix.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Really how can someone possibly assume that, I'm sure West would never do that as there's no history of them doing it.
Oh wait...

Yes the west has influenced the hearts and minds of people they see theres a better way of life and want it. In Ukraine they embraced Europe because they were tired of living under the oppression of the Russian government if Putin was smart he would have simply made them a better offer helped increase their standard of living. Than the Ukrainians would have imbrassed Russia but they didnt and now want you to believe its the wests fault. Russia could have easily made them a strong trading partner spent money on infrastructure instead of relying on their dependence for russia.Putin has to stop thinking like the soviets and realize people always want to improve there standard of living and want to buy MP3 players and ipods and new cars its human nature.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Kerry and Levrov has been talking to each other for almost 4 hours now as per reports, what the hell are they talking ? or is this some setup or Drama being played ?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

maddy21
Kerry and Levrov has been talking to each other for almost 4 hours now as per reports, what the hell are they talking ? or is this some setup or Drama being played ?

There are press waiting for the press conferences; apparently not a joint one but two.

I don't think that's an optimistic sign that a deal has been reached.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

khimbar

maddy21

There are press waiting for the press conferences; apparently not a joint one but two.

I don't think that's an optimistic sign that a deal has been reached.

I cant really think of an agreement which would be acceptable for both .. Looks like the coming days are going to be tensed..
AM hoping Russia stops with Eastern Ukraine , but i heard Poland will be next as they helped orchestrate the revolution...
edit on 14-3-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

maddy21

There is interpreters in there as well it turns a 20 min conversation into an hour easy.This is why i think Merkel is likely to solve this she speaks russian.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Lavrov's press interview in one sentence : Nothing to see here, move along

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Kerry is on now. Saying much the same.

Interesting how he came out to speak just after the European markets closed for the weekend.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Major news update :
The Tanks Are Coming While Russia-US "Remain At Odds" Over Ukraine

With Interfax reporting that Belarus has begun full-scale military drills in a "readiness check", images from Russia and Ukraine suggest the worst-case scenario - that Russia is making preparations to invade Ukraine, not just Crimea but perhaps as far west as Kharkiv, or even beyond - is more possible. Talks have broken down:

*LAVROV SAYS RUSSIA, U.S. REMAIN AT ODDS ON UKRAINE: INTERFAX
*LAVROV SAYS RUSSIA TO RESPECT `WILL' OF CRIMEAN PEOPLE

Russia now has a massive force of tanks, troops, artillery, aircraft, and naval forces in position to potentially invade mainland Ukraine from Crimea in the south, but also from positions east and north of Ukraine.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So the talks between Sergei Lavrov and John Kerry haven't proved helpful. Neither party shares a mutual and common goal. Judging by both of their press conferences the 6 hour talks did not achieve anything and military action, aside from sanctions seems the most likely course of action. The build up of tanks by Russia is truly disconcerting.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Lavrov: Russia has no plans to invade Eastern Ukraine.
by Rahul Radhakrishnan 9:43 AM↑0

Aljazeera

It seems Russia is sending a mixed message.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
'"Crimea means more to Russia than the Falklands mean to Britain," Lavrov said.'

That phrase, that one phrase, says so much.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

Oh wait...

Lol your like the 10th to totally miss the point also...

The west doesn't need to influence

That's why the west is the destination of choice to all foreign immigrants, it's probably a million times more attractive than a move to Moscow Beijing or North Korea & Iran

Don't take my word for it..l go check the data... The fact is these people favour western values and way of live over communists and dictators and there brutal mafias

So the west doesn't need to I flu acne anything... Just "SUPPORT IT"

It is clearly Russia trying to buy fiends in Ukraine government with vast sums of money bribs, the people saying NO and Russia now trying to annex Crimea by force

Which is as pointed out a million times, illegal and illegitimate,to influence a breakaway region with troops on the ground is nothing short of NAZI RULE!!!

This cannot be tolerated in today's day and age,

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I do find this interesting from the CNN ticker -

For the first time in more than a decade, Americans feel that Russia is a serious threat to the U.S., a new CNN/ORC Poll finds.

CNN

The reason I find that poll interesting is because the last time we almost tangled with Russia with the Syria situation, there was a different mood from average Americans. It is CNN though so who knows how accurate the poll really is. It makes me wonder if this is the start of a push to get support for military action.

new topics

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join