It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

I don't think that name calling either side helps the folks... it only feeds the divide intended by those who seek confrontation..

In the US we have had very highly thought of leader types trying to fuel hatred, by saying much the same as you posted..

Do you really want to help them create conflict? I sure don't, and I do have serious concern over this crisis...

I certainly hope those with the keys, take a step back from their global goals, and see it from the folks' perspective...

While I hope, I cannot do so with blinders, so I realize that them stepping back, is close to a pipe dream, and we need to keep a keen eye on all sides of the matter, without choosing sides that would help them accomplish their goals...

Who pushes us to hate, who pushes us to conflict, and what is the reason? natural resources?

Last time I looked, a natural resource never attacked any nation, or threatened their sovereignty..

Yet folks have fought and died for oil, diamonds, gold, silver etc etc.... by who's hands?

Regular folks? NO... by Folks who worship and revel in wealth derived from those false riches...

I failed many times thinking that the golden ring was what they wanted me to think it was... what I found out is.. it is your family, living sharing caring loving that matters most... not how much you have based on a manipulated dollar, mc mansion, or the gov't backed solution to fossil fueled cars (TESLA)...

stop playing their game.... live your own?

sorry for the long winded rant, and no direct attack on you intended... just needed a place to vent, and you triggered it, so I thank you for the opportunity

As always, you are free to disagree with my view, understood on my part.. exhale..

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

JacKatMtn
reply to post by SubTruth

I don't think that name calling either side helps the folks... it only feeds the divide intended by those who seek confrontation..

In the US we have had very highly thought of leader types trying to fuel hatred, by saying much the same as you posted..

Do you really want to help them create conflict? I sure don't, and I do have serious concern over this crisis...

I certainly hope those with the keys, take a step back from their global goals, and see it from the folks' perspective...

While I hope, I cannot do so with blinders, so I realize that them stepping back, is close to a pipe dream, and we need to keep a keen eye on all sides of the matter, without choosing sides that would help them accomplish their goals...

Who pushes us to hate, who pushes us to conflict, and what is the reason? natural resources?

Last time I looked, a natural resource never attacked any nation, or threatened their sovereignty..

Yet folks have fought and died for oil, diamonds, gold, silver etc etc.... by who's hands?

Regular folks? NO... by Folks who worship and revel in wealth derived from those false riches...

I failed many times thinking that the golden ring was what they wanted me to think it was... what I found out is.. it is your family, living sharing caring loving that matters most... not how much you have based on a manipulated dollar, mc mansion, or the gov't backed solution to fossil fueled cars (TESLA)...

stop playing their game.... live your own?

sorry for the long winded rant, and no direct attack on you intended... just needed a place to vent, and you triggered it, so I thank you for the opportunity

As always, you are free to disagree with my view, understood on my part.. exhale..

While I agree with this post

I don't believe it is relevant here, western countries are not beating war drums only asking for talks sanctions and to go no further into the East etc etc, all while Putin Denys he has any troop in the Crimea, and amasses more threats on the boarders

What little resources there is in Ukraine nobody wants to start a war over, it is nothing more than a land grab, and the last time we see anything of the sort was pre ww2

It's not something you just allow to happen, I can see your concerns but the world should not be standing idly by allowing this to just pass buy, let's hope Putin sees sense and allows the world to take its own course before hie country is crippled in some way or another

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
An Interesting view point from Al Jazeera..
I'm getting ready for work .. so i have no time to comment.

LINK

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

This is a must watch and completely exposes the west

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Will E.U really threaten $267 Billion worth of trade with Russia over Crimea considering its delicate economic situation ??

Its probably enough to send E.U into another economic crises
www.moneynews.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

maddy21
Will E.U really threaten $267 Billion worth of trade with Russia over Crimea considering its delicate economic situation ??

www.moneynews.com...

Lol so if its moldova n Lithuania next , still the eu won't do anything ? I mean surely the trade amount will not magically disappear. Is that what you are insinuating ?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Foxtrot7x

maddy21

www.moneynews.com...

Lol so if its moldova n Lithuania next , still the eu won't do anything ? I mean surely the trade amount will not magically disappear. Is that what you are insinuating ?

What am insinuating is all this aggressive response of sanctions are just for domestic consumption, nothing more ...
I don't see how any Sanctions imposed on Russia will not equally be damaging to Europe , I saw the list of exports E.U gives to Russia and it looked nothing special , It could be quiet easily be replaced by Asian Nations , as for the Russian Oil and Gas am pretty sure Chinese would like to have a Russian energy supply by land which is far more secure in case things go south with NATO and its sea lanes could be easily blockaded...

BERLIN, March 13 (Reuters) - China's top envoy to Germany has warned the West against punishing Russia with sanctions for its intervention in Ukraine, saying such measures could lead to a dangerous chain reaction that would be difficult to control.

I wonder what Chain reaction the Chinese are talking about ....
edit on 13-3-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

10:00 GMT: The Crimean authorities have taken under protection the oil and gas deposits in the Black and Azov seas.

“Those deposits and platforms will pass into complete ownership of the Crimean Republic. We’re already guarding them. Those are our deposits, and we’ll fight for them,” Crimea’s parliamentary speaker Vladimir Konstantinov told RIA-Novosti.
RT.com

Well, that seems to be some pretty extreme language on the verge of provacative to me.... especially since they have not even held a vote yet to try to break away yet. But hey, I guess it is what it is at this point. Knowing how violence and chaos seems to follow 'disputes' over oil and gas deposits, this concerns me a bit because I cannot see Ukraine giving this up so quietly.

I'm trying to track down these deposits and platforms now and not having too much luck, I must not be plugging in the correct search terms. (Maybe I just need more coffee, lol)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
China will obviously not take a hard stand against Russia as it has its own disputes with a number of countries regarding many islands and such . china doing a crimea on taiwan in the future is a distinct possibility.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Foxtrot7x
China will obviously not take a hard stand against Russia as it has its own disputes with a number of countries regarding many islands and such . china doing a crimea on taiwan in the future is a distinct possibility.

Depends on how EU and US react to the annexation of Crimea , if its just idle talk with little action with a few Visa bans then am quite sure Chinese will act in the South China sea and Taiwan , and Sanctioning China would be a joke of the century so that wont happen either...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

maddy21

Foxtrot7x

Depends on how EU and US react to the annexation of Crimea , if its just idle talk with little action with a few Visa bans then am quite sure Chinese will act in the South China sea and Taiwan , and Sanctioning China would be a joke of the century so that wont happen either...

On the other hand, maybe Turkey will support the Islamists in Xianjiang... Stones and glass houses....

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

And that will be the time WWW3 will officially start as Taiwan will definitely fight it out with China for several days and i don't think Japan and other nearby nations who are jittery of China would not join in and just idly watch when they know they're going to be next.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

DJW001

maddy21

Foxtrot7x

On the other hand, maybe Turkey will support the Islamists in Xianjiang... Stones and glass houses....

As if Turkey and CIA is already not supporting terrorism . Funny how you have no qualms in backing State backed terrorism on another nation , must have gotten used to it :p . Besides a little trouble in an under populated area of Xianjiang would be a small price to pay in exchange for the resources in the South China sea ...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

maddy21

Crimea is gone . EU n west won't take any action there or because of it . Its only if and when Russia moves in further inland that eu n west will talk action . And I say when because Russia surely didnt start troop and weapon mobilization in such large scale just for crimea.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

MyMindIsMyOwn
I'm trying to track down these deposits and platforms now and not having too much luck, I must not be plugging in the correct search terms. (Maybe I just need more coffee, lol)

Do let us know when you find it . Certainly poses a dilemma for the govt. back in kiev.
Too much coffee n you won't get sweet sleep xD

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Apparently the latest policy is shame hoping to somehow embarrass Russia into changing its mind. Dont think this new policy change is going to work for Merkel.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Foxtrot7x

MyMindIsMyOwn

Do let us know when you find it . Certainly poses a dilemma for the govt. back in kiev.
Too much coffee n you won't get sweet sleep xD

LOL..well just one more cup and it seems it kick started my brain.

Ukrainian Oil & Gas Fields and Platforms as of 3/13/14

I feel that is as close as I am going to get to what I was looking for. The link is from the Ukrainian Energy website so I feel it's probably as reliable as I could hope for at this point.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

maddy21

DJW001

maddy21

Foxtrot7x

As if Turkey and CIA is already not supporting terrorism . Funny how you have no qualms in backing State backed terrorism on another nation , must have gotten used to it :p . Besides a little trouble in an under populated area of Xianjiang would be a small price to pay in exchange for the resources in the South China sea ...

Funny... you are the one who supports armed aggression, not me. Why not seize resources in the South China Sea? Why not invade Ukraine? It's only wrong if the United states does it. Or Britain, especially if its Ireland. (Talk about terrorist! The IRA practically invented it in its modern form!)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Thanks for the link . unfortunately I'm unable to use the map on this mobile , so I have no idea where it is exactly. But from the black sea estimates of oil n gas , this is going to be a major issue later on . But Ukraine does have access to other deposits in black sea apart from the Crimean side right ?

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Foxtrot7x
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Thanks for the link . unfortunately I'm unable to use the map on this mobile , so I have no idea where it is exactly. But from the black sea estimates of oil n gas , this is going to be a major issue later on . But Ukraine does have access to other deposits in black sea apart from the Crimean side right ?

Here you go

top topics

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join