It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 178
<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by DJW001

Yes, he has sent troops to occupy another sovereign nation.

Whew.. had to read up and see context there. For a moment, that could have fit Presidents in Russia or the United States like a fine glove.

What a world we live in, eh?

This is the issue that some members dont understand.Russia invading Ukraine and we are talking "Ehhhh, but US invaded Iraq".Tommorow China will invade Taiwan and what we will saying "Ehhhh, but Russia and US is doing the same so what ?" And we have a rolling snowball.We must condemn, attack and question every invasion of these politicans who are in charge of so called superpowers.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

This is the issue that some members dont understand.Russia invading Ukraine and we are talking "Ehhhh, but US invaded Iraq".Tommorow China will invade Taiwan and what we will saying "Ehhhh, but Russia and US is doing the same so what ?" And we have a rolling snowball.We must condemn, attack and question every invasion of these politicans who are in charge of so called superpowers.

I agree. Often though, posters come and put down one side only. Not only is the West's hypocrisy staggering but there are many one sided posters who suffer the same problem.

I am also not convinced that Russia has invaded anyone. The duly elected Government of Crimea asked Russia to help. Russia also has troops in Crimea by the agreement of the rightful Government of Ukraine.

P

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

ufoorbhunter
reply to post by DJW001

NATO screwed over the remnants of the USSR and the Warsaw Pact. Imagine the Russians making Canada a memeber of the Warsaw Pact, then using Canada as a base for placing Migs..... Think about it

This is what you don't understand

After WW2

Japan worked with the western powers and the allies along with many other countries that had otherwise been enemies of the them

After the end of the Cold War and collapse of the USSR Russia had the chance to start again and rebuild close ties with the west and work with the west instead of against it, and become more involved in the integration etc,

The fact is she chose not to and to further distance and isolate her self from the west, this "the west screwed Russia over" nonsense is total and utter BS... Because the USSR fell bit Moscow was running the show, and those disgruntled soviet generals KGB and polarities NEVER WENT ANYWHERE!!!!

And this is what lead to the missile shields going up in the past decade along Russia boarders... Russia has opted for isolation and a renewal of Cold War rivalry and also adopted tactics once used by a mad man called Adolf Hilter who also wanted to expand and unite fellow german speaking countries under one flag regardless of international laws and sovereign countries

The west world has welcomed in with open arms many countries that once upon a time wanted to destroy it... So to say the west is to blame here is laughable since there is mountains of evidence to support it...

So yeah... Next time try to read up on some history before making up lies I guess

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

pheonix358

I agree. Often though, posters come and put down one side only. Not only is the West's hypocrisy staggering but there are many one sided posters who suffer the same problem.

I am also not convinced that Russia has invaded anyone. The duly elected Government of Crimea asked Russia to help. Russia also has troops in Crimea by the agreement of the rightful Government of Ukraine.

P

Help from what? There was less violence in the Crimea before Russia invaded

Not sure if you realised but.,. Ukraine have an army and a police force to keep there OWN peace on the streets... but Russia took them over, lol it's like it's going in one ear and out the other with you the only thing staggering is how you keep missing the point tbh

Whose cares anyway, I think the western leaders are probably rubbing there hands with the amount of options on the table to servilely punish Moscow and Adolf Putin, it's a spectacular own goal and only the arseholes of the world could support such a move, and also putting a big fat spotlight over there heads in the process with a line under there name as a potential threat... What them all come out the wood work and expose themselves not and then watch as there industries and aid is swiftly removed

edit on 12-3-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

pheonix358

I am also not convinced that Russia has invaded anyone.
P

This is not a GOD issue or chemtrails issue so we can debate or i need to convince you.Crimea is a part of Ukraine.Russian troops invaded Crimea and now they are in control of Crimea.Pure simple fact.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

pheonix358

P

The problem is that it was wrong of the US to invade Iraq, so pointing to it does not justify Russia invading Ukraine. When foreign soldiers are patrolling he streets, it is an invasion. Remember, the Afghan government invited the Soviet Union in.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

pheonix358

P

well i guess your right US troops need to leave Iraq And Russia needs to leave Crimea. Oh wait the US did leave Iraq so i guess that means Russians need to leave georgia and crimea.since you think there the same but we all know thats not going to happen is it? Why because the russians use force to keep land and take it.For example we have Chechnya he went in claiming there were terrorists than bombs a market with women and children. Not to mention the torture where groups shown Russian troops were torturing Chechens in there own country there still there looking for terrorists by the way because there propping up a government. But i guarantee it isnt the last Chechens will get there freedom from Putin and Putin better hope he never needs to flee Russia because if he does i can guarantee he will be brought in front of the Hague for destroying that market.

Thats why i used to laugh when people here in the states admired Putin not realizing what he had been up to but there learning now i guess.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

xavi1000

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by DJW001

Yes, he has sent troops to occupy another sovereign nation.

Whew.. had to read up and see context there. For a moment, that could have fit Presidents in Russia or the United States like a fine glove.

What a world we live in, eh?

Personally I think the blurring of the lines between Iraq and Ukraine isn't really relevant here

Iraq didn't comply with international weapons inspectors and made threats and continued to pursue and ignore the voice of the international community... Saddam was a dictator who run an uncivilised brutal regime,

This doesn't sound like Ukraine to me

Ukraine was a country with a president who wanted to ignore the wishes of its people and make closer ties with Russia after receiving a lot of money from sweeteners,

They couldn't be any different tbh

How ever if you would have said Ukraine & Syria then I would have agreed...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

My intention was not specifically Iraq, but any other country that Putin lovers love to mention,Syria , Libya, Serbia etc etc.My point was different.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
More Russian armor is deploying in Belgorod region 30km from Ukraine border.

www.pravda.com.ua...
edit on 12-3-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Latest from the VICE news crew, this one highlights demonstrations that gathered in Crimea over the weekend 8-9 March...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

That was intense i have to give the vice news reporter credit he will push and just go anywhere. I really do hope he doesnt push things to far and get hurt. You also see the difference in the rallies one is just people from Ukraine worried the other is partying with entertainment. Who would of thought the Russians knew how to throw a party. My favorite part was at the end where the retired Russian officer told told that guy from the Crimean defense force to kiss off. Man old peole are the same no matter what country there in theyll give you there opinion and if you dont like it tell you to take a flying leap.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I agree, personally, I like this crew and their reports, it helps us put together a picture by blending all the reports from regular media across the globe, and try to make some sense of this...

I have yet to see anyone from the ground begging for confrontation, unlike the so called leaders of either side who are puffing chests in a game that could end up costing the regular folks blood sweat & tears.. AGAIN...

I sure hope that we get more folks reporting the truth, rather than the usual targeted propaganda.. there is power in the web, perhaps that's why they want so bad to put this genie back in the bottle?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

weirdguy
More Russian armor is deploying in Belgorod region 30km from Ukraine border.

s

www.pravda.com.ua...
edit on 12-3-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

Wonder if this is propaganda or true. Will know tomorrow if troops have moved into the area of Ukraine border then NATO will change there troop deployments. Theyll the 6th fleet next to turkey instead of leaving and youll see some ground troops go into Poland probably from Germany. Im beginning to think Putin is going to push this to the extreme if those troops are actually there i hope its just propaganda.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

JacKatMtn
Latest from the VICE news crew, this one highlights demonstrations that gathered in Crimea over the weekend 8-9 March...

l

So noticed how the Russian protesters are nearly all grown men?

How is this... Ukrainian protesters looked like families, men women child teenagers, the Russian protesters seemed militant in comparison which absolutely stunk of a staged protest

The home guard we're marching round the streets like Nazi storm troopers red arm names the lot

Christ these Russians are dumb

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

JacKatMtn

So all you pro-Russia propaganda artists explain to me why the people that are against Russia are just average people......While on the other side you have soldiers and skin head looking scum bags.

I hope the people of Ukraine and the world unite and crush Russia and Putin like the worms they are. Vice News is the one of the only sources telling the truth. Putin is the new Hitler. Russians need to wake up and fast before they find themselves like Germany and Japan.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
More Russian armor heading towards Ukraine, this time it's Main Battle Tanks T-80's?
Rostov province, Russia.
vk.com...

edit on 13-3-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

My favorite part was at the end where the retired Russian officer told told that guy from the Crimean defense force to kiss off.

Yep, that old guy was pretty badass. They tried to accuse him of being a provocateur and he told them exactly where to shove it LOL.
edit on 13-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Earlier, there was a Ukrainian Government guy saying Ukraine can't attack in Crimea, as to do so would leave the Eastern border undefended. I guess all they can do for now is try to contain any further gains from the pro-Russia mob.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Melbourne_Militia

If Reagan was alive and in power now, he'd mobilize all US troops round the world to put forth a major statement of intent and protest against Putin

If Reagan was alive he would be doing as little as he did in the 'Cold War'. Please do some research into Reagan and realise that when you mention Reagan in a political sense, you are actually referring to Henry Kissinger. Don't believe me, then look deeper.
If you want to know about the REAL Reagan, then start researching MK Ultra and Presidential sex slaves. THEN you'll find out what sort of guy he was and just how spineless he really was. Ronald Reagan did not jump until Henry Kissinger told him how high to jump. Henry Kissinger, like he has done with many of the worlds influential people, had very incriminating evidence against Reagan, and that made Reagan to be Kissinger's bitch. Kissinger got all the power of being President, but had none of the responsibility put on him. The perfect plan !
Ronald Reagan [and JFK, Nixon, Bush Snr, Clinton[s] and more] were pedophile's, just like a lot of US Presidents before and after them. How do people think the term "Presidential level sex slave" came into existence ?

top topics

<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join