It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 173
<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

The footage screams fake all over. It's highly suspicious, something doesn't add up in here.
'Peaceful, calm Ukranian soldiers' - on the opposite side is the picture of mean, scarry Russian soldiers.
We don't know it's the Russians' checkpoint, faces are covered, anyone can put on a Berkut uniform.
I noticed the storyline is too convenient, and the way the Vice reporter is 'leading' the viewer.
That's it for me, I wont watch Vice news anymore, they're biased and unprofessional.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Really? Perhaps you should check out just how many of their reporters have gotten into hot water trying to tell the story behind the lines. Go check out their website. Left of center a bit to be certain but staging things? Not a chance, pushing edges you freaking bet they do. Remember the two reporters held in NK? No of course not.

Check this link to Current TV/Vice. Link to story

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I think I just witnessed you fabricating a theory about VICE staging everything and you successfully and wholly convinced yourself they are biased now, all in only one small paragraph.

That didn't take much did it? To each their own, this is ATS I suppose....

edit on 11-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

reply to post by Wookiep

Do I have the right to opinion?
Thank you.
I used to like them, but after this blatant propaganda, not anymore.
This footage is fake and you have been brainwashed not to see it. IMO ofcourse.
American propaganda... specialized in brainwashing since forever.

Move along now...
edit on 11-3-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Ukraine will not attempt a military move to prevent the southern Crimean peninsula's breakaway in order not to expose its eastern border, Ukraine's acting president Oleksandr Turchynov told AFP Tuesday in an exclusive interview.

"We cannot launch a military operation in Crimea, as we would expose the eastern border and Ukraine would not be protected," Turchynov said, as Crimea prepares to vote in a referendum Sunday on becoming part of Russia.

Crimea's upcoming referendum is a "sham" whose results will be fixed in Moscow, Turchynov told AFP.

www.afp.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by stargatetravels

The footage screams fake all over. It's highly suspicious, something doesn't add up in here.
'Peaceful, calm Ukranian soldiers' - on the opposite side is the picture of mean, scarry Russian soldiers.
We don't know it's the Russians' checkpoint, faces are covered, anyone can put on a Berkut uniform.
I noticed the storyline is too convenient, and the way the Vice reporter is 'leading' the viewer.
That's it for me, I wont watch Vice news anymore, they're biased and unprofessional.

I disagree, here's why... these folks are on YT (Less than 30K views as I type this).. not MSM, if there was bias involved with AGENDA, sure I could see where your opinion is derived from..

IMO, these folks, who currently have active reporting from some very dodgy areas of the globe... Venezuela, the Sudan War, none of which is reported on by the MSM, yet these folks are there... WHY?

Perhaps to report what's happening?

I don't see any leading by the reporter in this clip as you do, considering he basicly said the Ukrainian forces have been living in peace since the break up of the USSR, as opposed to some of the conflicts that Russia has been involved in post USSR.. I see it as his honest opinion of the situation, and they (reporters/film crew) were ordered NOT to continue filming as the Ukraine folks were moving towards positions...

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, I respect that, but I, have one of my own.. and that is, so far in all the fog of official releases, the battle between MSM on both sides, this ONE crew, on the ground, in harms way, has provided information and video to the English speaking world, of what they are witnessing, and despite your opinion, I have yet to see any bias creep in to their reporting.

Could that change? perhaps... for now, I look forward to their reports, and hope that they stay safe

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Wookiep

I think I just witnessed you fabricating a theory about VICE staging everything and you successfully and wholly convinced yourself they are biased now, all in only one small paragraph.

You dont need to watch loads of VICE videos to see that its all staged, as with every TV-media show nowadays.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Wookiep

Or maybe just maybe this poster is trying to convince other people Vice News is lying......Hmm makes ya wonder. If it walk like a duck..........I think smart people will figure out what I am trying to say.

It is very hard to tell who is speaking from the heart and who is speaking from a script in today's internet.
edit on 12-3-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

So you think Youtube is not MSM??

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Good morning, Thought I would post this little update I saw.

Ukraine's new justice authorities have issued warrants for the arrest of pro-Russia leaders in the Crimea region.

Anyone see this?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
US to violate own laws by financially aiding Ukraine’s coup-installed govt – Moscow

Washington’s decision to provide financial aid to the coup-appointed government of Ukraine goes against the US laws, Russia’s Foreign Ministry said, urging American politicians to think about the consequences of supporting the radicals in Kiev.

RT

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Yusomad

Wookiep

You dont need to watch loads of VICE videos to see that its all staged, as with every TV-media show nowadays.

How convenient they don't agree with your worldview and now they're liars. nothing i saw un that video was inconsistent with other videos from the area. So im not even sure why you think its propaganda other than the Russians arent very nice at there checkpoint. But again thats has already been reported as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
G-7 Warns Russia Of "Grave Consequences" If Crimea Annexed

The G-8(-1) is clearly concerned about the fall-out from this weekend's referendum in Crimea and in its strongest language yet is condemning (and threatening) Russia:

*G-7 CALLS ON RUSSIA TO 'DE-ESCALATE THE CONFLICT IN CRIMEA'
*RUSSIA ANNEXATION OF CRIMEA WOULD VIOLATE UN CHARTER: G-7
*G-7 CALLS ON RUSSIA TO HALT SUPPORT FOR CRIMEA REFERENDUM
*G-7 SAYS WILL NOT RECOGNIZE RESULT OF CRIMEA REFERENDUM
*'CEASE EFFORTS TO CHANGE' STATUS OF CRIMEA, G-7 TELLS RUSSIA
*G-7 SAYS ANNEXATION OF CRIMEA WOULD HAVE 'GRAVE CONSEQUENCES'

www.zerohedge.com...

And then this :
Russian Neighbor Belarus Asks To Host Another 15 Russian Fighter Jets In Response To NATO Escalation
Moments ago RIA reported that Minsk will "adequately react to the strengthening of NATO forces near the borders of Belarus, and will offer to host up to an additional 15 Russian aircraft, according to the President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko on Wednesday at a meeting of the Security Council of Belarus.
www.zerohedge.com...
edit on thAmerica/Chicago312uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

The "phony war" is drawing to a close. Let's see if Russian boys are willing to die for Putin.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

DJW001

The "phony war" is drawing to a close. Let's see if Russian boys are willing to die for Putin.

What, you think Russia is another 3rd world country which NATO can bully ? if a war starts we are all toast , fried, dead , roasted , radiated .... nothing to brag...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

maddy21

DJW001

What, you think Russia is another 3rd world country which NATO can bully ? if a war starts we are all toast , fried, dead , roasted , radiated .... nothing to brag...

Russia is a third world country. Its only exports are energy and women.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

DJW001

They had not one problem dying for Russia when Russia invaded Georgia. What makes you think this time will be any different in Crimea, where very similarly, there is undying loyalty towards Russia there, and in eastern Ukraine? The west would be fools to test Putin's resolve on this issue. He doesn't give a damn WHAT the rest of the world thinks when it comes to protecting people loyal to him. And maybe now you see WHY they are so loyal to him.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

TrueAmerican

DJW001

They had not one problem dying for Russia when Russia invaded Georgia. What makes you think this time will be any different in Crimea, where very similarly, there is undying loyalty towards Russia there, and in eastern Ukraine? The west would be fools to test Putin's resolve on this issue. He doesn't give a damn WHAT the rest of the world thinks when it comes to protecting people loyal to him. And maybe now you see WHY they are so loyal to him.

That's the spirit, comrade! Please send us updates from the front line after you volunteer.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

DJW001

maddy21

DJW001

You folks and your moral superiority complex matches quite clearly with what the Nazi's and Hitler believed, what ever your personal opinions maybe or your wet dreams about taking out Russian military , all you will get is Radiated waste and a completely devastated western world and a global economy ...

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

maddy21

DJW001

maddy21

DJW001

You folks and your moral superiority complex matches quite clearly with what the Nazi's and Hitler believed, what ever your personal opinions maybe or your wet dreams about taking out Russian military , all you will get is Radiated waste and a completely devastated western world and a global economy ...

Unlike the Russian apologists, I am making no pretense to moral superiority. Innocent people are about to die because Putin did not trust in the democratic process.

top topics

<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join