It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 171
<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

The other posters are right. The airport was seized a few days ago. The pro-Russian forces have control of it, and now let in who they want when they want.

It is being reported that Crimea has went ahead and declared their independence from the Ukraine ahead of the referendum vote to join Russia.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Two US Drones Shot Down In Crimea – Report

I don't know how reliable the voice of russia is..

As Voice of Russia reported, citing Novosti Kryma (News of Crimea) , US unmanned reconnaissance aircraft has allegedly been shot down over Crimea. The drone was allegedly surveilling Crimean troop positions over the Turetsky Val block-post, the newspaper quotes a Cossack source as saying.

The unsanctioned aircraft had been spotted by Crimean self-defense forces and Berkut policemen.

Another, heavier, two-engine drone, has been allegedly shot down and fell outside the block-post’s area.

Source
edit on 11-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Thanks for this update. I'm searching now for more sources. If true we'll see what comes of it.

I have also found this saying the exact same thing, but no words on what/who their source is: inserbia.info...

Crimean News also reporting (Google translated version): Crimean News

edit on 11-3-2014 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

If This is an accurate report

I have no doubt that these Drones would of course be in Accordance With International Laws

Opps sorry with US and Eu laws

Riouz

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

EU negotiators are pressing US counterparts to agree a framework to allow imports of US liquefied natural gas (LNG) into the European Union via a transatlantic trade pact under discussion, people close to the talks told the Reuters news agency.

The framework for the EU-US trade negotiations does not cover energy issues, but the crisis in Ukraine has exposed the EU's dependence on Russia and given new impetus for EU trade negotiators to push Washington to include natural gas.

An EU-US trade accord, which negotiators aim to finalise by the end of 2014, would make approval of US LNG export licences automatic, ending current restrictions on imports.
[Reuters]

Aljazeera

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Riouz

If true and those drones were over Crimea, then the laws would be very gray.

The US believes Crimea is still apart of Ukraine, and would have needed to get permission from Ukraine for the overflight in their airspace.

Russia believes the Crimea is independent and will soon be apart of Russia after the referendum vote and would say it's a violation of Crimea's airspace.

It all depends on which stance you agree with.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia's Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday that planned U.S. financial aid to Ukraine is illegal and outside American legal norms since it would be funding an illegitimate regime.

"By all criteria, issuing funding to an illegitimate regime that seized power by force is unlawful and goes beyond the framework of the American legal system," the ministry said in a statement.

Source: news.yahoo.com...

All of this and March 16th referendum vote looms.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Ewww. the Ides of March are upon us.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Google Translated Text:

Girls activists Avtomaydanu Shura Ryazan, Catherine Butko, journalist Helen Maksymenko, photographer Olesya Kromplyasa and Eugene Rakhno released.

This Ukrainian Pravda said one of the leaders Avtomaydanu Sergey Hadzhynov.
"Yes, let them go. To what I know, they are already in the Kherson region," - he said.
While no information on where they were kept and what not. Promise to provide details on how they all come in Kherson.

As you know, the day before at a checkpoint at the entrance to the Crimea from the Kherson region have detained two groups of journalists and activists - Catherine Butko, Alexander Ryazantseva, Eugene Rakhno, Ole and Lena Kromplyas Maksymenko.
After a search of only one of the journalists were released, because it got a relative on your own car and Crimean residence permit. The fate of the other detainees is unknown, called "communication with them was about 16:00 on March 9.

source: www.pravda.com.ua...

From what I can gather of the entire story is, the people that were let go had identification linking them to Ukraine, or Crimea (I could be wrong), the ones that didn't are still being held. Does that sound about right?

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
More Ukrainian military movements. Sam batteries and troops.

Filmed 11/03/2014 about 16:45 at the turn from Kiev to Kherson route bypass road not far from Nikolaev.
Colonna moves to Kiev highway in the direction of Kherson.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I don't know if it's just me but every time I see videos of the Ukraine army they appear ill-equipped and don't look dangerous at all compared with their Russian counterparts. Perhaps it's because Russia have a much vaster military and resources. It looks like both sides are getting prepared for the start of all out war after the referendum results.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

ProfessorT
I don't know if it's just me but every time I see videos of the Ukraine army they appear ill-equipped and don't look dangerous at all compared with their Russian counterparts. Perhaps it's because Russia have a much vaster military and resources. It looks like both sides are getting prepared for the start of all out war after the referendum results.

They were deliberately ill equipped by the previous govt. to prepare just in case such a such a situation occurred .. at least that is my theory ...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Hellas
Two US Drones Shot Down In Crimea – Report

I don't know how reliable the voice of russia is..

As Voice of Russia reported, citing Novosti Kryma (News of Crimea) , US unmanned reconnaissance aircraft has allegedly been shot down over Crimea. The drone was allegedly surveilling Crimean troop positions over the Turetsky Val block-post, the newspaper quotes a Cossack source as saying.

The unsanctioned aircraft had been spotted by Crimean self-defense forces and Berkut policemen.

Another, heavier, two-engine drone, has been allegedly shot down and fell outside the block-post’s area.

Source
edit on 11-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

Finally some good news coming out from Crimea

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

According to the source, one of the drones was twin engine. The US doesn't have any Twin engine drones to the best of my knowledge.

I want to see wreckage before I believe it.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

EU negotiators are pressing US counterparts to agree a framework to allow imports of US liquefied natural gas (LNG) into the European Union via a transatlantic trade pact under discussion, people close to the talks told the Reuters news agency.

WTF!?
I don't want no US LNG, price would skyrocket here in Europe dammit!

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Looks like you're going to get it anyways. To be truthful, we have energy problems of our own with all the regulations attached to that industry. I'd prefer that we keep it our self and maybe lower our cost a bit.

But if Russia were to cut off the pipeline to Europe, it's good to have a back up plan I guess.
edit on 11-3-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

TDawgRex

According to the source, one of the drones was twin engine. The US doesn't have any Twin engine drones to the best of my knowledge.

The US has one that I know of, but that still doesn't validate the story. Also it's relatively small and the story said it was "heavier"

RQ-14 Dragon Eye UAV

Image Source

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Some strange translation with google translate , but interesting info.

www.timpul.md... -la-hotarul-cu-ucraina-ruii-au-mobilizat-in-jur-de-200-de-mii-de-militari-56321.html

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Call me nuts man, but I saw this coming.
Plant riots, make tensions between Russia and Ukraine, Russia cuts off gas supplies.
Voila, perfect chance for boosting American energy industry with EU-US agreement on LNG.
Well played, well played my man.
But that's no good for me now, I'm shifting to wood.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Fingle

Did Google translate fail, or did I read that Russia has staged 200k troops near the Ukraine / Russian border? I would find that hard to believe.

<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join