It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 168
<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dbo24

Put yourself in their position. They have families out there that they want to see again and protect. They are outnumbered, cut off from supplies & reinforcements, and don't want to risk a larger conflict. They know the chances of their survival is extremely low if they try to do anything. Their only option is to wait.

The troops on the mainland also know this. If they start shooting, their besieged comrades will be in imminent danger.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

According to the translated website, “Unannounced maneuvers are taking place on land skirting both Poland and Lithuanian territory. The movements are comprised of T-72 tanks and infantry BMP-2 combat vehicles. The Soldiers involved are said to be practicing defensive and offensive operations, while improving fortifications.”

Source: www.ibtimes.com...

Russia is being accused of kicking off this exercise without inviting foreign observers, or giving any notice. This is the reported reason why the US sent troops, F-16s, and F-15s to Poland and Lithuania.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I'm wondering how many military posts and bases the Ukraine will virtually hand over to Russia before they say 'enough is enough'. At the moment they are sitting ducks, allowing Russia to put up strategic defences in towns on the border of Crimea and also just outside it in mainland Ukraine. Someone in Ukraine needs to take the lead and fast before Russia moves further inland.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

I find this part interesting -

The Russian Foreign Ministry has criticized western governments and media for turning a blind eye on alarming incidents in Ukraine,

I have noticed as of a couple days ago now that MSN sources like Reuters and Aljazeera have gone virtually silent with only a couple small reports since then. Pretty strange if you ask me.
edit on 10-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

What would you propose that they do? The only thing that they can really do at this point is to stop the pro-Russian forces from advancing much deeper into the mainland.

Strategically Crimea is all but lost.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yes the media will spin things the way they want their viewers to see it. It's really difficult to dig through the propaganda to get to what's really happening. Best just to post propaganda from both sides and discern the truth as somewhere in between.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A country was taken without a shot. One shot. Hitler started in Austria without a shot. Hitler did the SAME thing that is occurring there right now. Bully tactics. Rhetoric. Demands.

It was shortly after they hit the Czechs, and, well, we all know where it went from there. Is that what is happening here? Maybe not, but there are quite a few similarities on how to start a war...

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

media here has gone dark too. only reporting the missing Malaysia flight and usuak celebrity gossip.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

matafuchs
A country was taken without a shot. One shot. Hitler started in Austria without a shot. Hitler did the SAME thing that is occurring there right now. Bully tactics. Rhetoric. Demands.

It was shortly after they hit the Czechs, and, well, we all know where it went from there. Is that what is happening here? Maybe not, but there are quite a few similarities on how to start a war...

To people who are interested in history, the similarities are stark, and frightening. Honestly, I believe that at this point, they are using what Hitler did as a basic blueprint of aggression.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

Oh ffs can we stop with the Hitler similarities? You know how easy it is to compare someone with Hitler? Putin loves art So did Hitler.

I also noticed that the West has turned a blind eye to the situation in Ukraine, like hows the new government doing? Who's the minister of what? Any adjustments to the Constitution

---
Update :
Mere days ahead of Crimea's referendum to join Russia (or not) and following reports of shots fired between Russian and Ukrainian forces, the Ukraine Defense Ministry reports (via Facebook):

*UKRAINE LIEUTENANT COLONEL DEFECTS TO RUSSIAN FORCES: MINISTRY
*UKRAINE OFFICER IN CHARGE OF CRIMEA UNIT DEFECTS: UKR MINISTRY
*OFFICER CONVINCES 'SEVERAL' SOLDIERS TO DEFECT: DEF MINISTRY
It would appear Crimea is annexing itself as this comes just one week after the head of Ukraine's Nav defected.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago310000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Oh ffs can we stop with the Hitler similarities? You know how easy it is to compare someone with Hitler? Putin loves are So did Hitler.

The similarities are there, for those who study history, especially military history. I don't really know why that comment incites such a response with you.

Hitler played the world, to re-occupy the Sudetenland, and gain concessions with aggressive behavior. The similarities are chilling, and quite apparent for all to see.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hitler was a fascist.
Putin is a communist.
Russia fought against Germany nearly 80 years ago.
Mhm....so somehow there is a similarity here?....Nope, can't see it myself.

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 10-3-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Catacomb

angelchemuel
Hitler was a fascist.
Putin is a communist.

Rainbows
Jane

I already posted one similarity. I don't know if you are being intentionally obtuse, or if you just didn't read the two posts above. If you wish for me to detail the similarities more, I can do so in another thread.

Ican help i can think of several ways lets see they both had labor camps where they work people 16 hrs a day. Read a neat article by one of the women in pussy riot you know the group that was arrested and held without trial for speaking out against putin. Well any way in her article they explained how they force the women to work 16 hrs a day they can earn a sunday off every 6 weeks. Than of course we have the wealth confiscations both Hitler and Putin like this one. The oppression of the press you dont want to report the thruth in Russia see previous sentences on labor camps.He just recently expanded his police force and created a military police you know thats what the ss were is military police. I can keep going theres more similarities id say than differences.
edit on 3/10/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

angelchemuel
Hitler was a fascist.
Putin is a communist.

Rainbows
Jane

Napoleon invaded Russia.
Hitler invaded Russia.
Napoleon was a Monarchist.
Hitler was a Fascist.
Therefore there is no similarity?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Nato to deploy Awacs aicraft to monitor Ukraine

Nato has said that it will fly Airborne Warning And Control System (Awacs) aircraft over Poland and Romania to monitor the crisis in Ukraine.

Read: Russia could be excluded from G8, PM warns

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Oh, and so called democratic countries don't do these things?
I think that thread needs to be started before this one gets derailed.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Not sure why they would do this you only do this in active operations this report doesnt make sense Awacs is a command and control craft if you arent putting fighters into the air no point standard ground radar from Turkey would do the same thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Didn't go too well for either Hitler or Napoleon did it? That's the only similarity I can see there
Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join