It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 163
<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This was just posted on Twitter.

It shows the sunset in Crimea.

Even the sky is Pro-Russian.

twitter.com...
edit on 9-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Thank you...It's where my money is.....America has far more to gain over there than getting involved in the Ukraine.
I found this an interesting statement from an 'elder' british statesman about the Ukraine....

Would explain why Cameron, Putin and Merkel have been in heavy talks today....London cannot afford to put sanctions against Russia.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Lol, True regardless. The USA rarely comes to the aid of people of color. Oh and I am a white guy so take your attempt at cvalling me a racist and blow it out your time machine.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

MessageforAll
Maybe keep this in another thread? in regards to Venezuela, I noticed the same thing

Yes you're right, I'm sorry. Didn't want to hijack the thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Mamatus
reply to post by andy1972

Please explain why you think Putin is being played? Especially as he made the the first play.....

Just added: Ummm never mind.
edit on 9-3-2014 by Mamatus because: added content.

Some would say the first move on the chessboard was made when neo nazis backed by western intelligence services staged a coup d'etat after Yanukovich refused Europes offer of a loan..

But that's a moot point now...you can't change history, only re-write it.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Tatars warn Russia risks provoking jihadi backlash in Crimea

Russia risks a repeat of its bloody entanglements in Chechnya if it annexes Crimea a senior Crimean Tatar leader has warned, with extremist elements in the community threatening jihadi-style violence against Russian troops occupying the peninsula.
Mustafa Jemilev, a member of the Ukrainian parliament, said a number of militant Tatars had approached him to say they would fight the Russians.

Very interesting article.

edit on 9-3-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

mod note: requires free sign-up
edit on Mon Mar 10 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: mod note

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Funny how everybody wants to have a say in this.. Even the Tatars lol

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

One thing is for sure, those are not empty words.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

andy1972

dragonridr

andy1972
Three weeks of "will she, wont she"...and in the end nothing.

Personally, i'm taking a step back from Ukraine to take a look at the rest of the world and whats happening.

Everyones centred on whats happening in the Crimea waiting for something, and waiting.

I think something IS happening, but somewhere else and all this is to draw attention away...

The question is though, whats so important to go to all this trouble.
edit on PM7Sun20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

Unlikely Putin is not the kind of person to play games he would think it beneath him and being weak. So i doubt Putin has another agenda. He believes he is strong and decisive and thats why he can pull this off.

Maybe Putin doesn't know he's being played. This whole confrontation was manufactured and put into play to draw the worlds attention away for a short period of time.

The confrontation was provoked by the west, not by Russia, who is simply being used as a pawn.

I remember reading in the "Caballo de Troya" the Trojan Horse by J.J Bennitez. A good read, if you believe it of course.

(Apparantly, in 1973 the Americans smuggled a time machine into isreal, disguised as missile parts. The day they used it, they drew the eyes of the world towards away with Kissinger and the 1st interchange of prisoners of the Vietnam war.)

Sometimes you've got to take a step back to see the whole picture.

edit on PM7Sun20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

You give the west far to much credit it be nice if they had that level of control but they dont. Id think all the problems in the world prove that its bad for business.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

samsamm9

Tatars warn Russia risks provoking jihadi backlash in Crimea

Russia risks a repeat of its bloody entanglements in Chechnya if it annexes Crimea a senior Crimean Tatar leader has warned, with extremist elements in the community threatening jihadi-style violence against Russian troops occupying the peninsula.
Mustafa Jemilev, a member of the Ukrainian parliament, said a number of militant Tatars had approached him to say they would fight the Russians.

Very interesting article.

edit on 9-3-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

No doubt about it the tatars are upset the russians drove them out of Crimea once already they dont intend to let it happen again.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Hellas

Well I'm sure they have some influence. And this news...

Russia has issued an international arrest warrant for a Ukrainian nationalist activist in its latest move to cast leaders of the protests that toppled president Viktor Yanukovich as “terrorists”.
Dmytro Yarosh, leader of the Right Sector grouping, was last week accused of urging Chechen terrorists to stage attacks. Right Sector denied the claim, blaming hackers for the alleged appeal on its social media site.

Link

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
They might make some road bumps for Russian tanks, that will be about it. IMO Russia is gonna have it's way with the Ukraine and no one will step to the plate and stop them.

Besides I have a hard time taking anyone that calls themselves a potato seriously. Some sabotage will be about all they can acomplish as they are an incredibly small minority in the Ukraine.
edit on 9-3-2014 by Mamatus because: add

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
From TV 24

INFORMATION ABOUT MINING IN KHERSON CAN NOT BE CONFIRMED - ACTING MAYOR OF KHERSON

Seems like old news of mining of the fields to create a border may not be true.
And latest info on the Russian army pushing forward may indicate that a border may not have been decided on yet.
edit on 9/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm looking at RIA Novosti and seeing nothing about a declaration of war coming from within Russia: en.ria.ru...

Now, while one can very easily and successfully argue that Russian news is probably still very much biased--especially RIA; however, you'd think that if war had been declared by the Russian Federation, they would at least be spinning it. Likewise, the Russian politics section of RT has no declaration of war on its page: rt.com... In fact, the top article is Matvienko assured that there will never be a war between the two countries: Here's that article: rt.com...

So two very disparate tunes coming out of this. One is saying that the council declared war, the other who is the nation of the council in question, says differently.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Hellas

Why shouldnt they have a say in their government they live there ? At least for now until the Russians throw them out again like they did before. Which is odd because this was their land in the first place.And if you dont think the tatars are scared they are scared enough to stand up to Russia.

Crimean Tatar Minority to Boycott Secession Vote

en.ria.ru...

Now the reason there scared lets look into it.

Fear Rife Among Crimea's Minority Tatar Population

www.rferl.org...

www.reuters.com...

If you dont think these people are going to fight the russians just remember people fight furiously to protect their homes.And dont think Turkey wont get involved over this one because they will.

edit on 3/9/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

They didn't officially declare war, but Ukraine's president said them entering Crimea was like them declaring war.

The Russian cabinet gave Putin permission to use military force if need be to secure Crimea & Ukraine to protect their military assets and Russian speaking people.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Mamatus
Besides I have a hard time taking anyone that calls themselves a potato seriously. Some sabotage will be about all they can acomplish as they are an incredibly small minority in the Ukraine.

I think you fail to realize that Jihadist not only from Crimea will participate they might come from Chechnya, Georgia, and who knows where else.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

And dont think Turkey wont get involved over this one because they will.

Oh they will for sure. They'll last 3 days.
edit on 9-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I am sure the Soviets felt the same way when they tried to invade Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The Ukrainian government stated today that there are no plans to send armed forces into the Crimea. Forgive me for sounding rather pedantic here but I hope they don't expect international help if they aren't going to try and claim Crimea back themselves. The statement by Ukraine's Acting Defence Minister has basically made the country look weak and unwilling to stand up for their citizens in Crimea who have been invaded by Russian troops.

top topics

<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join