It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 161
<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

@olgatokariuk : Occupants from #Russia take over private property, hotel in #Kherson region of mainland #Ukraine, bordering #Crimea - head of regional adm. 2 minutes ago

Yes Russian military is in Kherson region at this moment. Thats on mainland Ukraine. I posted a link confirming that from TV channel 24.

And good finds, can you please keep the twitter info flowing in. Thanks.
edit on 9/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
More sources related to the missile cruiser can be found here: inagist.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

asen_y2k

dragonridr

asen_y2k
reply to post by Hellas

No, not at all. The mobilisation has been on since the last 1 week. But todays news of landing ship moving towards Ukrainian mainland is new. So lets see. Maybe big or turns out to be nothing.

Well its not a landing ship is a missile cruiser. I have a feeling there doing the same thing they did in georgia they positioned thm off the coast to prevent arms shipments into georgia.And keep Ukraine out of the black sea.but more importantly they have air defense capabilities meaning it can shoot down aircraft heading for crimea. But they arent going to land troops with just a battle cruiser.

Yes you are right, its a cruiser. I reread the news. But on the news it says they are preparing a landing in the Odessa and Kherson region. Reconaissance troops have already placed beacons for landing parties in Kherson region.

See if your invading another country you dont send troops to set up beacons that lets the enemy know where your troops will land at. So im very skeptical of this since its only source seems to be one person.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

majesticgent
More sources related to the missile cruiser can be found here: inagist.com...

Thats old news, that was when Moskva cruiser was blockading Ukrainian naval ships. Now it has been spotted heading towards Ukraine mainland.
I admit the site you link is good but difficult for me to navigate. Forgive me if i made mistakes here.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

@EuromaidanPR : The flagship of the #Russian Black Sea Fleet missile cruiser "Moskva" headed out toward mainland #Ukraine -D.Tymchuk |PR News #Crimea

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ok this is now on MSM

Seems like Russian military has entered mainland Ukraine, in Kherson. This is very bad.

Russian military seized private property on the border with the Crimea peninsula Chongar Genichesk in Kherson region. This was stated by Chairman of Kherson Regional Administration Yuriy Odarchenko reports Ukrinform . "Imagine Russian military went to Kherson land. Today they have moved on Chongar roughly brazenly seized there and private property, and the hotel. And show us that it is absolutely clear intervention, brazen and daring attack on the sovereign state of Ukraine. And its they are trying to extend the influence of these in the Kherson region "- said Odarchenko. However, he assured, "there clearly that we will keep it and not let it spread the impact." As you know, on March 8, it became known that the Russian soldiers went to the village Chongar (Kherson region) on the border with Crimea and mined there field, sending their trunks APCs toward the village. Also tractor they dug pits under the border posts.

Link

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Well I wouldn't be so sure about Pravda..

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Hellas

Well I wouldn't be so sure about Pravda..

No this is not the Russian Pravda. Pravda means truth in both Russian and Ukrainian. Its a well know news outlet here in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

They have been spot on these past few weeks before events made it to some of the other networks.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Oh ok, sorry. So any chance this might be Propaganda?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

asen_y2k
reply to post by Hellas

No, not at all. The mobilisation has been on since the last 1 week. But todays news of landing ship moving towards Ukrainian mainland is new. So lets see. Maybe big or turns out to be nothing.

Could be a decoy to draw troops away from the east. But then again it does sounds like southern Ukraine could be next or two fronts from east and south.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Hellas

Well tweets posted here also correlates with the news. You know we can never confirm whats propaganda and whats true. We are slaves to what info we are given.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

@EuromaidanPR : #Russian army is moving farther: they're already in #Chongar, #Kherson, which is another state! t.co... IPR News #Crimea 1 day ago 49 retweets | 3 replies

This was yesterday. Now reports of Russian troops occupying private properties and hotel.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

asen_y2k

Hellas

Well tweets posted here also correlates with the news. You know we can never confirm whats propaganda and whats true. We are slaves to what info we are given.

If there going to push into Ukraine it will be from Crimea.They have moved to many assets into that area. Why go by sea when land is safer. If putin decides to move further there are areas in Eastern Ukraine sympathetic to Russia that would be his next move.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

asen_y2k

dragonridr

asen_y2k
reply to post by Hellas

Well its not a landing ship is a missile cruiser. I have a feeling there doing the same thing they did in georgia they positioned thm off the coast to prevent arms shipments into georgia.And keep Ukraine out of the black sea.but more importantly they have air defense capabilities meaning it can shoot down aircraft heading for crimea. But they arent going to land troops with just a battle cruiser.

Yes you are right, its a cruiser. I reread the news. But on the news it says they are preparing a landing in the Odessa and Kherson region. Reconaissance troops have already placed beacons for landing parties in Kherson region.

I suspect its a Taskforce and not Moskva alone

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

dragonridr

asen_y2k

Hellas

If there going to push into Ukraine it will be from Crimea.They have moved to many assets into that area. Why go by sea when land is safer. If putin decides to move further there are areas in Eastern Ukraine sympathetic to Russia that would be his next move.

Maybe Cruiser Moskva is heading towards mainland Ukraine to support a troop push from Crimea.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Colonel Yuliy Mamchur. Russians offered him a new flat in Sevastopol to surrender his troops. NO #Crimea #euromaidan pic.twitter.com/fQ2JrSs8O9

twitter.com...

Now how would they be able to promise that? Food for thought.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

asen_y2k

@EuromaidanPR : #Russian army is moving farther: they're already in #Chongar, #Kherson, which is another state! t.co... IPR News #Crimea 1 day ago 49 retweets | 3 replies

This was yesterday. Now reports of Russian troops occupying private properties and hotel.

Is this the same euromaidan that hired the snipers? Because if it is, we are going to need a bigger pinch of salt...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Three weeks of "will she, wont she"...and in the end nothing.

Personally, i'm taking a step back from Ukraine to take a look at the rest of the world and whats happening.

Everyones centred on whats happening in the Crimea waiting for something, and waiting.

I think something IS happening, but somewhere else and all this is to draw attention away...

The question is though, whats so important to go to all this trouble.
edit on PM7Sun20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

asen_y2k
Ok this is now on MSM

Seems like Russian military has entered mainland Ukraine, in Kherson. This is very bad.

Russian military seized private property on the border with the Crimea peninsula Chongar Genichesk in Kherson region. This was stated by Chairman of Kherson Regional Administration Yuriy Odarchenko reports Ukrinform . "Imagine Russian military went to Kherson land. Today they have moved on Chongar roughly brazenly seized there and private property, and the hotel. And show us that it is absolutely clear intervention, brazen and daring attack on the sovereign state of Ukraine. And its they are trying to extend the influence of these in the Kherson region "- said Odarchenko. However, he assured, "there clearly that we will keep it and not let it spread the impact." As you know, on March 8, it became known that the Russian soldiers went to the village Chongar (Kherson region) on the border with Crimea and mined there field, sending their trunks APCs toward the village. Also tractor they dug pits under the border posts.

Link

You would know is this in Kherson or is it Antonnivka ? because im sure the russians want to secure the bridge into crimea so there going to want a foothold on the other side of the bridge.

new topics

top topics

<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join