It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

asen_y2k
This is very significant and signalls a further land invasion. But I cannot seam to find any other info from other sites.

Can someone look into their sources. Thanks in advance.

It would make sense at this point there going to want to restrict access to the black sea but i think its probably a rumor because Ukraine is in the process of moving around there military but ill see if i can find anything.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ok, Russian troops are in Kherson state, near the entrance to Crimea. They arrested journalists there.

Link to TV channel 24 site

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

asen_y2k
Ok, Russian troops are in Kherson state, near the entrance to Crimea. They arrested journalists there.

Link to TV channel 24 site

Yeah thats all i can find there taking over the border crossings and arresting the border guards. .This was posted 2 hrs ago

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

What do you think this means strategically? They are preparing for further land invasion?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

asen_y2k

What do you think this means strategically? They are preparing for further land invasion?

Depends on what their goal is if its just to secure Crimea they need to make sure Ukrainians can't access the Black sea. Because there black sea fleet is vulnerable. When people hear the word Black sea fleet they think of its former glory. Currently most of its ships that cant even leave port they only have about 40 ships that are operational.There scheduled to actually get some new ships in 2015 but now they have been neglected for so long most of their fleet is in dock rusting. And well the Ukrainians could cause them considerable damage So id say protection of the black sea may become a priority. I dont think its very likely Putin would move into the rest of Ukraine seems like so far all the moves have been to secure Crimea. By the way hes not going to give that up its now Russias. No amount of political pressure or negotiations is going to change that the only possibility is Putin just changes his mind which is unlikely.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ok this is now breaking on TV. Channel 24 is reporting that the Russian battle cruiser is indeed heading towards mainland Ukraine carrying landing troops. Also confirms Russian reconnaisance teams landing in mainland Ukraine. The destination is estimated Odessa and Kherson regions.

The flagship of the Black Sea Fleet missile cruiser "Moskva" headed for Ukraine, preparing the landing of marines. Told the head of the Center for Military-Political Studies D. TIMCHUK on his page in Facebook . "We're tracking his movements," - he wrote. Read more: In Dzhankoi captured military airport checkpoint As it was reported before that cruiser "Moskva" with other ships of the Black Sea Fleet was blocking access to the sea from the lake Donuzlav, where the mooring wall are 7 Ukrainian ships. In addition, there is information that the couple Helicopter MI-8 at 20 km from Kherson landed 2 amphibious reconnaissance group of 15 people. The chairman of the NGO "Quality of Life" Alex Goncharenko on your blog . According Goncharenko, their goal - preparing a base for landing tactical landing, near Ckadovska. "The goal - Kakhovska TPP. Establish beacons to navigate where paratroopers to land at night," - he wrote. He added that he is prepared landing battalion tactical groups and Marines in Kherson and Odessa areas. "Odessa area will be monitored 17 and 18 mechanized infantry brigades Southern District of. Much of the personnel of these teams - ethnic Chechens and Ossetians," - wrote Goncharenko.

edit on 9/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

The only way he will change his mind is if Ukraine isn't accepted into the EU. He doesn't want an assurance that the Ukraine will give up it's aspirations to join, he wants assurance that the EU won't accept them.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Mainland Ukraine?

So this is not Crimea?

Are the Ukrainian army on high alert?

I think this will be it I think Ukraine is about to go to war.

If true, not good

My heart go out to you and your family and many others living through these troubling times in Ukraine. Everybody has the right to a fair vote without foreign troops in your country.

Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Just wanted to say be safe. Wish I had something with weight to say, but I want you to know my heart goes out to you and anyone else caught in this bs.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Ukraine has already mobilised its troops, they are sending then east as most bases are in the west of the country.

Video here

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

asen_y2k

Ukraine has already mobilised its troops, they are sending then east as most bases are in the west of the country.

Video here

So what you're saying is that tonight might be the night?
edit on 9-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

No, not at all. The mobilisation has been on since the last 1 week. But todays news of landing ship moving towards Ukrainian mainland is new. So lets see. Maybe big or turns out to be nothing.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Hellas

asen_y2k

Video here

So what you're saying is that tonight might be the night?
edit on 9-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

Good question ,,,
My guess is yes.

I think we are witnessing the start of a war.

Again, hope I'm wrong. I just have a bad feeling about all this.
It is my understanding that all it takes is a spark, and that could be it.

Respect to the Ukrainians being able to stay cool with this non-stop provocation

edit on 9-3-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

asen_y2k
reply to post by Hellas

No, not at all. The mobilisation has been on since the last 1 week. But todays news of landing ship moving towards Ukrainian mainland is new. So lets see. Maybe big or turns out to be nothing.

Take a look at this..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Am really nervous now ... never have been nervous before...hell am 10k miles away from there

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Guys relax, i am still taking this new piece of info with a grain of salt. The Ukrainian media and spokespeople have been screeming wolf for some time now. We need to wait and see.
edit on 9/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Hellas

asen_y2k
reply to post by Hellas

Take a look at this..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also thought about your thread/dream when I saw asen's news.

I don't see any solution in sight about resolving this conflict, unfortunately. And I'm usually somehow positive about people leaning towards finding solutions to defuse dangerous situations. But this conflict WILL get worst. When ? Only god knows.

edit on 9-3-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

asen_y2k
reply to post by Hellas

Well its not a landing ship is a missile cruiser. I have a feeling there doing the same thing they did in georgia they positioned thm off the coast to prevent arms shipments into georgia.And keep Ukraine out of the black sea.but more importantly they have air defense capabilities meaning it can shoot down aircraft heading for crimea. But they arent going to land troops with just a battle cruiser.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Twitter is ablaze with all kinds of news. Some of it is very dubious but I'll post it to see if Asen's sources match.

@olgatokariuk : Occupants from #Russia take over private property, hotel in #Kherson region of mainland #Ukraine, bordering #Crimea - head of regional adm. 2 minutes ago

this one does not even make sense:

@ianbremmer : BREAKING: Putin offers US Canada in exchange for Crimea. 5 minutes ago

@IlvesToomas : 3 South Ukrainian Cities Want to Join Crimea - Lawmaker t.co... via @ria_novosti 11 minutes ago

Source: inagist.com...
edit on 9-3-2014 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

dragonridr

asen_y2k
reply to post by Hellas

Well its not a landing ship is a missile cruiser. I have a feeling there doing the same thing they did in georgia they positioned thm off the coast to prevent arms shipments into georgia.And keep Ukraine out of the black sea.but more importantly they have air defense capabilities meaning it can shoot down aircraft heading for crimea. But they arent going to land troops with just a battle cruiser.

Yes you are right, its a cruiser. I reread the news. But on the news it says they are preparing a landing in the Odessa and Kherson region. Reconaissance troops have already placed beacons for landing parties in Kherson region.

new topics

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join