It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Wookiep

Seek_Truth
Ukraine Reporter ‏@StateOfUkraine 3h
#nuclear treat from #Russia http://(link tracking not allowed)/1gUnBsA US satellite detected the arrival of more than 30 Russian nuclear bombers to the airfield

Source

Sorry if someone has already posted this. Turner Radio Network is the source and I haven't confirmed it with any other sources. Are they reliable or not??

Turner Radio Network is not reliable and immediately flagged as Hoax here on ATS if used as a source for a thread.

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Since when does this fall under Obama jurisdiction ?

On Thursday Obama announced that referndum in Crimea will violate international law.

rt.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by crazyewok

"Baltic Air Police"?? (Cue sounds of screeching brakes and machinery grinding to a halt)

SAY WHAT?! WHAT Air Police?!

Danish F-16 fighters will be replaced by French Mirage 2000C fighters. France has previously participated in three missions: in 2007, 2010 and 2011. Since March 2004, when the Baltic States joined NATO, the round-the-clock mission to police the airspace of the Baltic States has been onducted on a three to four-month rotation basis from Lithuania's First Air Base in Zokniai, near the northern city of Šiauliai. A usual deployment consists of four fighter aircraft and between 50 and 100 support personnel.

French Air Force to Take Over Policing Baltic Air in May

Looks like a few different countries usually take turns performing this function.

Would be interesting to find out if the fighter compliemtn and support force has expanded
edit on 6-3-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: hmmm

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Oops.
edit on 3/6/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Haha, glad people enjoyed.

On-topic : I'm listening to the live feed of the white house, so far no Russians are being targeted ( on the visa ban ) So we have like 5 reporters asking why Putin doesn't get a visa ban, and the guy with glasses refuses to respond lol.

He doesn't even want to say out loud, that the white-house blames Putin Policy.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

MyMindIsMyOwn

MessageforAll
Is it just me or are things heating up again?

It seems that way to me as well, however, I don't know if it really is or it's just my usual cool exterior being cracked by this particular series of events. When all this started I was so sure nothing would happen, it was my husband who was worried... now we've flip flopped on it. Go figure. On topic:

This seems like a rather strong statement released by Canada's PM. I live in the US close to the Canadian border and usually listen to the CBC (better reporting) during the day and this is maybe the strongest statement I've heard from him:

17:38: In further reaction, Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper says his country will not recognise any referendum held in Crimea as long as Russia maintains its "illegal military occupation" there, Reuters reports.

Sounds to me that Obama should grab his toque hat and puffy coat and go take some lessons from our friends to the north on how to talk a little tougher. I would love to hear something like this come from the US.

I think this vote is making everyone mad the tatars are all over the networks now talking about how they dont want russian rule in crimea. There on bbc radio right now im listening to. There calling in to the BBC and they are upset i think they're scared.Funniest part is they have ethnic russians calling in saying they dont want to join Russia but want a partnership. In other words nice having you around but we dont want to become part of Russia.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

dragonridr

MyMindIsMyOwn

MessageforAll

It seems that way to me as well, however, I don't know if it really is or it's just my usual cool exterior being cracked by this particular series of events. When all this started I was so sure nothing would happen, it was my husband who was worried... now we've flip flopped on it. Go figure. On topic:

This seems like a rather strong statement released by Canada's PM. I live in the US close to the Canadian border and usually listen to the CBC (better reporting) during the day and this is maybe the strongest statement I've heard from him:

17:38: In further reaction, Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper says his country will not recognise any referendum held in Crimea as long as Russia maintains its "illegal military occupation" there, Reuters reports.

Sounds to me that Obama should grab his toque hat and puffy coat and go take some lessons from our friends to the north on how to talk a little tougher. I would love to hear something like this come from the US.

I think this vote is making everyone mad the tatars are all over the networks now talking about how they dont want russian rule in crimea. There on bbc radio right now im listening to. There calling in to the BBC and they are upset i think they're scared.Funniest part is they have ethnic russians calling in saying they dont want to join Russia but want a partnership. In other words nice having you around but we dont want to become part of Russia.

If the events in Georgia are any indication, Russia will not give up Crimea, neither will Ukraine/EU. The fact that Russia went into Georgia should have been a red flag to all former Soviet states that Putin is coming for them. Putin annexed parts of Georgia with success, now he is aiming for Crimea, he will not stop taking countries and their territories until he is stopped. The leader is bold, he is a master of words, and he knows what he is doing. He doesn't care. If he cared about what the economy is doing in Russia and what those in Russia thought about him he would have left long ago. Instead he is doing what dictators and war leaders do, take out communications, take out opposition. He won't stop until he is stopped.
edit on 6-3-2014 by dbo24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Vladimir Putin is worried about what happens in the Ukraine because it “would be a dangerous example to Russia” if people had European standards of life, the senior Ukrainian politician and presidential candidate Vitaly Klitschko said Thursday.

“He is worried about what happens to the country,” the former heavyweight boxing champ with a Ph.D told business news channel CNBC. “The people don’t want to live with the corruption, without human rights and that’s why people want changes.”

link
edit on 6-3-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 6m
Georgia Says Russian Jets Violated Airspace: IFX

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Seek_Truth
zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 6m

What the hell now is Russians doing in Georgia ?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Just heard about this story. Russian Warship Sunk Off Crimea Looks like non violent means are being taken to neutralize the Ukranian naval assets. Despite the defection of the head of the Navy to the Crimean government, sentiment and allegiances in the navy must be questionable enough for Russia to justify a hard point blockade.

"The Ukrainian Ministry of Defense released the above image today showing the Russian Navy’s Ochakov, a Kara-class cruiser, which was intentionally sunk last night to blockade the Ukrainian Navy ships located in Novoozerne."

gcaptain.com...

AX
FTNWO

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It could be Georgia taking the moment to settle an old score... It does seems out of place though.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

AlphaExray
reply to post by asen_y2k

Just heard about this story. Russian Warship Sunk Off Crimea Looks like non violent means are being taken to neutralize the Ukranian naval assets. Despite the defection of the head of the Navy to the Crimean government, sentiment and allegiances in the navy must be questionable enough for Russia to justify a hard point blockade.

"The Ukrainian Ministry of Defense released the above image today showing the Russian Navy’s Ochakov, a Kara-class cruiser, which was intentionally sunk last night to blockade the Ukrainian Navy ships located in Novoozerne."

gcaptain.com...

AX
FTNWO

Thats just crazy. Is sinking your own ship for strategic reasons considered an act of war?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Russia hits back at US ‘barefaced cynicism and double standards’ over Ukraine

Moscow said that it will not respond to such “low-level propaganda.”

“We will only say, yet again, that we are dealing with unacceptable arrogance and a pretense of having a monopoly on the truth,” Lukashevich said in a statement posted on the Foreign Ministry’s website.

The United States has “no moral right” to lecture about observing international laws and respecting the sovereignty of other states, the diplomat added.

“What about the bombing of former Yugoslavia or the invasion of Iraq over a fabricated cause?” Lukashevich pointed out.

There have been quite a few examples of American military foreign interventions when there was no real threat to US security: Vietnam, Lebanon, the Dominican Republic, Grenada, Libya, and Panama.

“The Vietnam War claimed the lives of two million civilians, not to mention totally destroyed the country and polluted the environment,” the diplomat said. “On the pretext of providing security to Americans who simply happened to be in conflict zones, the US invaded Lebanon in 1958 and the Dominican Republic in 1965, attacked tiny Grenada in 1983, bombed Libya in 1986, and occupied Panama three years later.”

“Still, they dare to blame Russia of ‘armed aggression’ when it stands up for its compatriots – who comprise the majority of Crimea’s population – in order to prevent ultra-nationalist forces from organizing yet another bloody Maidan.”

rt.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

dbo24

dragonridr

MyMindIsMyOwn

MessageforAll

If the events in Georgia are any indication, Russia will not give up Crimea, neither will Ukraine/EU. The fact that Russia went into Georgia should have been a red flag to all former Soviet states that Putin is coming for them. Putin annexed parts of Georgia with success, now he is aiming for Crimea, he will not stop taking countries and their territories until he is stopped. The leader is bold, he is a master of words, and he knows what he is doing. He doesn't care. If he cared about what the economy is doing in Russia and what those in Russia thought about him he would have left long ago. Instead he is doing what dictators and war leaders do, take out communications, take out opposition. He won't stop until he is stopped.
edit on 6-3-2014 by dbo24 because: (no reason given)

I agree hes driving every country close to the Russians straight to the west. They're all scared that russia will annex parts of there countries as well. Especially poland who hate the russians with good reason considering their history. Putin isnt looking at the long run here he panicked and playing the short game. It hasnt occurred to him the US entered the gas market and in just a couple of years we are now the number one supplier. How long until we start massive shipments to europe, This will destroy the economy of the new Soviet Union i mean Russia. In case you hadnt noticed kerrys one million dollar package was for fuel subsidies does that tell you something?

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

MessageforAll
“We will only say, yet again, that we are dealing with unacceptable arrogance and a pretense of having a monopoly on the truth,”

“The Vietnam War claimed the lives of two million civilians, not to mention totally destroyed the country and polluted the environment,” the diplomat said. “On the pretext of providing security to Americans who simply happened to be in conflict zones, the US invaded Lebanon in 1958 and the Dominican Republic in 1965, attacked tiny Grenada in 1983, bombed Libya in 1986, and occupied Panama three years later.”

The quote above sounds familiar....

“I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.” Major General Smedley Butler

America...making the world safe for capitalism for more than a century.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
'@zerohedge 2m
House passes vote on $1 billion loan guarantee for Ukraine. Gazprom sends thanks'

Made me laugh.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

xavi1000

Seek_Truth
zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 6m

What the hell now is Russians doing in Georgia ?

This ukraine thing puts georgia in a position to ask for their land back see the Russians are playing a dangerous game saying Crimea should have the right to decide their independence. This puts several places in Russia not happy with moscow might want there own autonomy including the occupied areas of georgia. See me im much more interested in the global effects of this because in the long run Russia is opening up a can of worms. See people dont know this but Russians have been protesting alot in fact hes had to increase his police force by 10 fold and create a new organization of military police to stamp down the unrest. Sounds familiar doesnt it sounds like tactics of the Soviet Union.In fact on 24 February 2014 in protest at the imprisonment of seven opposition activists. The crowd chanted "Maidan! Maidan!" before riot police moved in, arresting scores of demonstrators.A spokesman for the Moscow police department said 420 people were detained during a rally in downtown Moscow, which it said had been attended by some 500 people in total. The event had not been approved by Moscow City Hall and thus violated the law on public gatherings. Those detained “were continuing their illegal actions despite police demands to stop,” a police spokesman said

In 2009 Putin eliminated jury trials and then broadened the definition of "treason" to include the organization of protests against the government.Even worse there seeing the corruption in the political process i already explained earlier how he jails and confiscated assets of political opponents. But the people are beginning to realize their elections are rigged as well for example Over 100,000 people demonstrated near the Kremlin in sub-zero weather against the conduct of the December 2011 parliamentary elections. These demonstrations have demonstrated that the people are losing their fear, and their patience. So the last thing Putin wants to do is start granting regions there own autonomy this will cost him dearly. See Putin made a choice most people dont realize hes been using resources to prop up his economy thats why people credit him with turning around the economy. What they dont know is there was a huge debate in Russia whether to maintain the status quo or embrace reform and liberalization as the only path to further development. The defenders of the status quo advocated a "tightening of the screws" against domestic opposition and their alleged external supporters -- principally the US and its Western allies rather than any loosening of political or social controls.As we can see who finnally one that debate as he continues to crack down on the Russian people.

Sorry didnt mean to turn this into a lecture but it amazes me how americans as a general rule dont really understand why Putins doing this but its obvious when you look at his internal policy. He is in charge and he will do whatever he has to for it to stay that way, And he feels the only way for Russia to survive is resurrect the Soviet Union.

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join