It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Obama and Putin speak by phone about Ukraine, senior administration official tells CNN's Jim Acosta. 

(Breaking News)
edit on 1-3-2014 by TiedDestructor because: Because aliens

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

asen_y2k
ON TV(Channel 5) Large crowd in front of the Russian embassy in Kiev-Shouting-' Putin het' basically-get lost Putin.

Dude, I just wanted to thank you for keeping us updated. Your input "on the ground" is invaluable and I just hope you stay safe.

Let us know if we need to send an ATS extraction team to your location.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

OptimusCrime
reply to post by romilo

Why are you comparing the USA to what is going on over there? Stay on topic.

Becouse USA and allies should be reminded how they have done in midd east in past decade and so on, bfore they start to complain over Russias actions. Still USA and allies did much more worse than Russia is doing atm but we have to see how many will die and how much in ruins will Ukraine be in years to come to compare them better.
edit on 1-3-2014 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Interesting developments over the past few days. Seemed at first the "revolution" won and now only a few days later, Russian troops are in the Crimea. For some reason, I can't stop thinking about Hitler "coming to the aid" of ethnic Germans in the Sudetenland prior to all out war. I guess, history does repeat itself.

I was watching the news the other night when a reporter was trying to talk with an armed gunman walking the streets in the Crimea. The soldier's face was covered and he did not speak with the reporter but what I found odd was his weapon was NOT loaded. It was an AK variant and there was NO magazine in the weapon. I'm not talking about Russian troops, but the gunmen who took over the area prior to the Russian invasion. Maybe I'm wrong, but I swear none of those guys had loaded weapons, just seemed odd to me.

Watching CNN now and a reporter just spoke with a Russian soldier who indeed had a loaded weapon.

OP, please keep us posted on the events going on over there. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

romilo

OptimusCrime
reply to post by romilo

Why are you comparing the USA to what is going on over there? Stay on topic.

Becouse USA and allies should be reminded how they have done in midd east in past decade and so on, bfore they start to complain over Russias actions. Still USA and allies did much more worse than Russia is doing atm but we have to see how many will die and how much in ruins will Ukraine be in years to come to compare them better.
edit on 1-3-2014 by romilo because: (no reason given)

To me it sounds like, from your writing, you hate the USA and you want to teach them a lesson. That has nothing to do with what is going on in the Ukraine other than the USA has said it would help the Ukraine in case of conflict. They need our help now, as much as I don't want the USA involved in any more of the worlds business as you do, we gave our word. I wish the USA would stay out of the Middle East and let those people live like that have for the past thousands of years, killing each other on their own and not Americans.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I recognize the tune, but i´m not sure where itś from. Red Alert?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
below is the report on the phone conversation:

pbs.twimg.com...:large

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
" history does repeat itself. "

To be precise. People repeat behavior because deep down our motivations do not change.No matter how "evolved" we think society has become.

History just reflects that.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

asen_y2k

I mentioned I will be quoting mostly Ukrainian and Russian news outlets here, as I am in Ukraine. Ukrainian news has stated that this is an official declaration of war and full military mobilization is taking place here in Ukraine to defend against Russia, which according to them has taken over Crimea.

At this mopment on TV here they are repeating:

Ukrainian military is on highest alert to defend against Russian invasion.

We request EU and NATO assisstance to defend Ukraine.
edit on 1/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

Just want to say thanks for keeping us informed about what's happening in the Ukrainian hinterland in a sober and objective tone. Kudos!

link   
reply to post by Hithe Merinos

You are correct

The golden era of RTS gaming.

One scene is close to the real life video.
edit on 1-3-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

link   
All the people who are saying "Russia is about to find out they are making a big mistake" and such
Do you think Putin is this stupid?
The guy seems extremely intelligent in a chess playing like way, I'm sure he has thought his plans
out moves and moves ahead with contingency plans all the way.

I guess we'll see, I'm not even Pro Russia but totally writing them off is a little quick,
I'm sure Putin has a lot more info than we do.

Are UK going to fight Russia? I don't think so, our country wouldn't let them fight Syria, same for USA.

Putin is obviously flexing his muscles, has backing of the country it seems.

If anyone is making a big mistake its Vitali Klitschko getting involved in politics.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I don't think Russia has ever officialy made a statement that this means war on Ukraine.Just in Ukraine waiting to see what happens.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

muse7
Ukraine is a sovereign nation, Crimea is a part of Ukraine. Russia has no business going into Ukraine.

False. Crimea is an autonomous republic.

Russia had a long standing agreement with Crimea to use its ports. During most of the Soviet Union days it was part of the Union.

Before that it was liberated by the Ukrainian Anarchist Black Army. Then the Red Army eventually defeated the Black Army, taking them off-guard by the non-agression treaty between Lenin-Makhno.

Before that it belonged to Tsarist Russia for quite a while, acquired as result of the (first) Crimean War.

Ukraine as it is, btw, is a very recent territorial configuration dating back to the post-war Soviet era.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

below is the report on the phone conversation:

I know what Putin was doing during that call...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I found this article from 5 hours ago.

www.newrepublic.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just been reading a piece on The Joint Chiefs meeting this afternoon..
The US is going to do Squat..
Neither is Europe.

They are already saying if Putin moves on Ukraine then They will
all boycott the G8 Summit in June.

So unless Putin is stupid enough to move on Poland , this deal is done.

The status Quo will return to Ukraine in the near future and we all live
for the next round... where ever it may be.

Most likely the best outcome for now. Though sooner
or later someone strong is going to have to deal with Putin's mafia.

Think how horrific that is.. a Russian AL Capone in charge of the worlds 2nd biggest military... oops

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by Echtelion

Yeah reality is a pain.

Russia is a corrupt, autocratic kleptocracy centred on the leadership of Vladimir Putin, in which officials, oligarchs and organised crime are bound together to create a "virtual mafia state", according to leaked secret diplomatic cables that provide a damning American assessment of its erstwhile rival superpower.

www.theguardian.com...

Russia is a 'kleptocracy' !

Well they are trying to steal Ukraine aren't they.

In the truest definition of the world klepto.

Yeah this gives the perfect excuse for Russia to occupy the territory as well as keep there only year around sea port open. They are going to try to sell this as a humanitarian mission in their sphere of influence.Problem is most dont want their help except for a small group of Russians living in the area of their port. The Russians tried this once before in Georgia it didnt go well the problem this time is the troops are already there leading to a new problem. There is heavily armed troops running around Simferopol taking over government buildings and the airport. I think we know who they are dont we.

Kiev claims 2,000 Russian troops have invaded the Ukrainian province of Crimea

Read more: www.theweek.co.uk...

edit on 3/1/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusCrime

I dont hate americans, i disrespect their leadershipment, i feel sad for the citizens thou. All this war mongoring wont do as much damage to your leaders as it has and will do to your citizens over times and having some knowledge of history, of different empires how they invaded world and then they start falling and its the ppl who will pay the price with their lifes and next empire will be build and so it keeps cycling.. To my understanding situation atm in Ukraine its not only about Ukraine, i believe its one country that Russia needs to get better prepared for the next big war, against european powers and also against USA. As obviusly USA and allies have tought about many countries in midd-east and btw havent USA citizens or any countries citizens killed its own ppl all the damn time? To me midd-east is same mess than any other countries in the world.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

In a conversation with Yatsenyuk, Medvedev said that Russia reserves the right to protect Russians in Crimea

Ukrainian leader Yatsenyuk had a telephone conversation with his Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev. At the meeting the Russian side stated that it reserves the right to protect the interests of citizens and soldiers stationed in the Crimea.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Survellance cam pic of a government building in Crimea.

Claimed to be the Russian army in control there now.
edit on 1/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join