It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Senior US official says Russia's test launch was 'on the books for some time' prior to Ukraine crisis, but timing is 'auspicious' - @NBCNews

Okay , phew...It was planned.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Catacomb

I would tend to agree. I do not think that Obama has much experience around people who are very direct, and mean what they say. Putin is very direct, for the most part, with what he wants to happen with this whole affair. Sadly, I don't think he's going to back down.

It's an ex head of the KGB against an ex community organiser. Literally.

I need a drink. A big one. And I don't mean tea.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

KingJod
Senior US official says Russia's test launch was 'on the books for some time' prior to Ukraine crisis, but timing is 'auspicious' - @NBCNews

Okay , phew...It was planned.

Auspicious or suspicious?

The latter I think rather than the former...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Folks, Russia got just what they wanted. We look like pussies and Kerry does not help...at all...

First, nothing was done about Georgia.

Second, Syria cane and went with a 'warning' and Putin looked to have resolved it by calling out the US.

Now, you have them entering another country to secure ports and then secure gas lines.

Baltic is full and there are 'live fire 'excercises'

Ballistic missiles are tested..

What does the US do and report?

Link

I mean, would you not push us around also????

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Speaking of a little relief in this troubling time, I just remembered this. I was wondering if you asked Obama and Putin who is in ' their' axis of evil, what they might say .

www.satirewire.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

My thoughts exactly! CNN is talking about this "test-fire" right now, and it's kind of funny with all the stuff going on that this is happening!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

khimbar

It's an ex head of the KGB against an ex community organiser. Literally.

I need a drink. A big one. And I don't mean tea.

When you put it like that, it makes me want a drink as well, and I do not drink! I really think our government should move any criticisms of Putin to behind closed doors. Kerry really did come off as smarmy, which I do not think helped the situation, at all.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
'#Russia ICBM test was planned ahead of #Ukraine and US had been notified of window, US official tells @LMartinezABC'

I would love to know how much notice? Five minutes maybe?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

ikonoklast
It's been so long since the Cold War that many people don't remember what it was like to grow up expecting to die in a nuclear war. I don't think the ICBM test firing is Putin playing a game of chicken. I think it's Putin trying to send a clear message that he's not playing games.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's how the Obama administration will interpret it.

Trust me his phone is blowing off the hook he knows how serious it is the pentagon will be screaming. Hes getting calls from other countries and this just after his threat. He did indeed threaten the US that if they put on sanctions Russia will retaliate and than test fired an ICBM. Put those two statements together and i think its making his intentions clear. Now the white house either calls his bluff or backs down it shows me either Putin is insane or he figures he can get the US to back out of the issue completely.So this is literally a JFK move and JFK was willing to start a war so is it worth it to Obama to continue sanctions?

PS the defense department claims they were notified of the launch. So it may be nothing as well.
edit on 3/4/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
ICBM tests are announced well ahead of launching, normally, as to not cause a panic, but you think with all that is going on that the test could have been cancelled or postponed, but they wanted it to continue as it sends a strong message not to meddle in our (Russia's) affairs.
edit on 4-3-2014 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The launch site, Kapustin Yar, is near the Volga River about 450km (280 miles) east of the Ukrainian border. Apparently.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nothing to fear the US are here.

So the launch of the Balistic Missle was planned from the news sources.

UPDATE FROM BBC NEWS STREAM>

The launch site, Kapustin Yar, is near the Volga River about 450km (280 miles) east of the Ukrainian border.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Is it just me or are things getting worse

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Jordan River
Is it just me or are things getting worse

Not if you're a Russian.

link   

khimbar
The launch site, Kapustin Yar, is near the Volga River about 450km (280 miles) east of the Ukrainian border. Apparently.

It has been used as a rocket proving ground since the early 1950s.

link   
More new coming in thick and fast from the BBC News live stream.

A crew of a Ukrainian navy command ship has fought off an attempted takeover of the vessel by armed men, Ukraine's Interfax news agency reports.

www.bbc.co.uk...

link   
19:42: A crew of a Ukrainian navy command ship has fought off an attempted takeover of the vessel by armed men, Ukraine's Interfax news agency reports.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

It's the arab "spring" in Ukraine...

that's all this is... another "spring" the last one was orchestrated by the west, and now the ones who cried to the west for help are now indebted and beholden to the west.

This is insanity, not our business... let these people handle it...

edit on 4-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

From your same source I saw this in the live updated ticker...

A crew of a Ukrainian navy command ship has fought off an attempted takeover of the vessel by armed men, Ukraine's Interfax news agency reports.

www.bbc.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join