It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Bone75
reply to post by xavi1000

He's asking for footage or pictures taken by the Op himself. Seems like a reasonable request to me if the Op is anywhere near the action.
Thank you, very much. That's all i'm saying. "Live updates from inside Ukraine", was to generate hype! There weren't ANY "live updates". Not from the OP, anyways. Posting news articles and youtube videos is hardly considered "live updates from inside Ukraine".

And, for the haters. I've been following this thread, since the beginning. Just not following the HYPE! Now, it's time to extinguish it!

link   

WonderBoi
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

And you are doing exactly what I tried to explain to you solves nothing. I know all about conspiracies, false flags, etc., it doesn't mean that I should shut off all contact with the outside world, and not listen to the news. If that is what you do, then it is wrong. You should want to listen to current events, and then process them yourself, and what they really mean.

What you are doing is blatantly calling everyone in this thread, but you, an idiot. Your motives are very clear to me, and isn't anything positive.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Mar 4 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
Cold war is here folks.Instead of joining the forces to explore the space and make a better World we will behave again like kids.

Russia foreign ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich says Moscow will retaliate against any unilateral US sanctions, Reuters reports:

“We will have to respond,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said in a statement. “As always in such situations, provoked by rash and irresponsible actions by Washington, we stress: this is not our choice.”

Meanwhile, in Washington, there appears to be robust support for sanctions on Russian officials, banks and businesses, as the Washington Post reports:

“The time to act is now,” House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ed Royce (R-Calif.) said in a statement shortly after Secretary of State John F. Kerry announced plans for the aid package in Kiev. “We must place crippling sanctions on Russian high-ranking officials, state-owned banks and commercial enterprises, and key individuals behind the Russian intervention. Only by forcing Putin to reverse aggression and by supporting Ukraine in this time of national crisis can we hope to restore peace in the region.”

link   

WonderBoi

311 flags and not even a single shot was fired. No casualties. Nothing. I mean, how foolish do you flag givers feel? Gonna need to make a new thread, when Sh really HTF. But, that will probably only get 1 or 2 flags. lmfao

I'm not upset, just scratching my head, wondering why so many S&Fs. I've seen much more RELEVANT threads, that deserve this amount of stars and flags, that have been swept under the rug. Why, exactly, did this specific thread get so hyped up? Hardly worth it!!!!!! Makes me wonder who's in control of ATS, these days.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!?

Listen up DUDE, the reason THIS thread got so many stars and flags is cus it has kept up to date pin released news of the situation at hand. It has shared minute by minute details from all sources left and right of the whole deal, on time and directly to us.

It is NOT overly overrun with conspiracy drivel that is made for low level thinkers and fear mongers, and has been pretty damn good at collecting reports from around the world, AND remained civil in doing so.

I see YOU want a thread that is hogwash. Something with a silly title like "Putin and Obama fake Ukriane invasion to sell Gold for the Moon Reptiles".

Dude…if you really think all this was done to raise Gold's temporary worth…you really have little reason to be reading this thread.

And if you think this thread sucked…let me assure you, it is (and still is) one of the most valuable threads on ATS in a very very very long time. Surely since you have been here.

I don't know what thread YOU think deserves more S&Fs than this thread…but reading your Alex-Jones-esk ideas about this situation, shows me you rather see something more sensational and "prepared" for an audience of conspiracy-kids. No thanks…I much rather be reading reports that are a little more informative than your type of nonsense.

Good day bro.

MM
edit on 4-3-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!!

The bickering and off topic posts stop NOW!!!!!!!!

Anyone who chooses to continue to derail the topic faces post removals and posting bans.

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.
edit on Tue Mar 4 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

ikonoklast

WonderBoi
Certainly was a lot of hype, and ZERO hardcore proof. "Live updates from inside Ukraine"? Sure. That's like troops invading New York, and i live in Cali. lol Take us to the front lines. Nope. Didn't happen. The same crap you could find, all over the internet, was posted here. Where's the evidence??? The real stuff? The stuff no one else could get, but someone who's close to the front lines? So, why the false alarm???

You must not be reading much of the thread. Many of the posts in this thread have been some of the best live updates from inside Ukraine that I've seen anywhere. The OP in particular, Asen, has done a great job of providing updates from inside Ukraine. And Asen continued doing so even when things were looking most grim and ATS members were advising that maybe he should be fleeing the country with his family.

Just the posts in thread by Asen

I, for one, appreciate Asen's efforts and the efforts of all those who have contributed news and insights that I probably would not have garnered from mainstream news, people who weren't just trolling.

Speaking of Asen, I haven't seen anything from him for a while. Hope everything/one is ok. Wonder if he finally decided to pack up and move....

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If there is not already, there needs to be a thread on this subject that is for discussion / debate. There are 2 or 3 sides , at least, to this story and everyone will have their opinion. This thread is for updates on what is going on. All updates are either going to be US based MSM, Ukrainian or Russian based, which each will have to decide whether or not they are accurate or biased or outright lies. I personally am trying to keep up with the twitter, which are mostly independent individuals and seeing if those items are backed by anything MSM. When the US govt speaks, I tend to believe the exact opposite. In this particular scene, there is someone who is speaking the exact opposite and that's Putin. Does that make him truthful? I won't even venture a guess. Actions speak louder than words and in an instance like this, that is more true than ever.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

xavi1000
Cold war is here folks.Instead of joining the forces to explore the space and make a better World we will behave again like kids.

Russia foreign ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich says Moscow will retaliate against any unilateral US sanctions, Reuters reports:

“We will have to respond,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said in a statement. “As always in such situations, provoked by rash and irresponsible actions by Washington, we stress: this is not our choice.”

Meanwhile, in Washington, there appears to be robust support for sanctions on Russian officials, banks and businesses, as the Washington Post reports:

“The time to act is now,” House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ed Royce (R-Calif.) said in a statement shortly after Secretary of State John F. Kerry announced plans for the aid package in Kiev. “We must place crippling sanctions on Russian high-ranking officials, state-owned banks and commercial enterprises, and key individuals behind the Russian intervention. Only by forcing Putin to reverse aggression and by supporting Ukraine in this time of national crisis can we hope to restore peace in the region.”

I wondered how long it would take Putin to respond to what Kerry said today. I knew that he wouldn't like it, and figured it would be a pretty simple response. Don't mess with us, and we won't mess with you, is basically the point of Lukashevich's response.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Reuters World ‏@ReutersWorld 1h
Russia says it will retaliate for any U.S. sanctions over Ukraine #breaking

"they will have to defend themselves due to the footlessness of "Washington"

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

And interestingly, according at least to Zerohedge

www.zerohedge.com...

And Interfax adds:

RUSSIA WILL HAVE TO RESPOND TO POSSIBLE U.S. SANCTIONS, "AND NOT NECESSARILY SYMMETRICALLY" - RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY

I'm looking for proof of that quote.

If I were Russia? From now on we only take gold for our gas and oil exports.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

link   

link   

Catacomb

xavi1000

I wondered how long it would take Putin to respond to what Kerry said today. I knew that he wouldn't like it, and figured it would be a pretty simple response. Don't mess with us, and we won't mess with you, is basically the point of Lukashevich's response.

But he is very careful to shift the blame. If Europe stops buying gas from Russia, Russia will retaliate and it will all be America's fault.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

dragonridr

jhn7537
reply to post by WonderBoi

Yea, what am I thinking... This CNN clip of this "tense" situation looks very friendly, what was I thinking???

www.cnn.com...

I dont know where you live but someone firing a gun is not friendly. See what the Russians did is called warning shots meaning we are about to kill you. So apparently wherever you live this may be a standard greeting but to the rest of the world it isnt.Just imagining a world where everyone greets people by shooting guns got to admit people still amaze me sometimes on their levels of denial.

I think you missed my sarcasm...

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

khimbar

And interestingly, according at least to Zerohedge

www.zerohedge.com...

And Interfax adds:

RUSSIA WILL HAVE TO RESPOND TO POSSIBLE U.S. SANCTIONS, "AND NOT NECESSARILY SYMMETRICALLY" - RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY

I'm looking for proof of that quote.

If I were Russia? From now on we only take gold for our gas and oil exports.

That's an interesting thought, and a good place for this thread to go, until asen updates any further. Just what exactly could Russia do, through it's allies or proxies? Military action is simple, yes, but what kind of economic actions could they take? Could they, as others have said, prod China to call on American debts to be repaid? Hand over a couple of nukes to Iran (or I should say a couple more?)??

I'd like to hear what you guys think.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

DJW001

Catacomb

xavi1000

But he is very careful to shift the blame. If Europe stops buying gas from Russia, Russia will retaliate and it will all be America's fault.

America is becoming a big contender in the oil market , may we see the beginning of a major pipeline between here and Europe?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join