It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

dragonridr

The interim president is under their control they are the elected government of the country and are acting in the countries best intrest.....

laughable.......are you seriously believing the Western propaganda? Hypocrisy at it's best lol

Try "Bloody Coup" with a sprinkle of Western help.......

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

What a delightful story, Gent is the best city in Belgium. To bad that the belgian hospitality has eroded over the years. Most of my countryman aren't to fond anymore about strangers. I blame taxes and unemployment.

The right wing is moving up in society here.

Alonsy back on topic lol.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago304000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

celticniall

dragonridr

The interim president is under their control they are the elected government of the country and are acting in the countries best intrest.....

laughable.......are you seriously believing the Western propaganda? Hypocrisy at it's best lol

And which version of the Russian propaganda are you believing at this moment? That there are no Russian troops in Crimea? That the Russian troops in Crimea are there legally? That the Russian troops are only there because the President wanted them? That the Russian troops are really Ukrainian troops? That the Republic of Crimea was created legally? That the government in Kiyev are separatists? Well? Which is it, and what is it going to be in an hour?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

celticniall

dragonridr

The last number that I heard was 80, does anyone have any other number on the amount of dead during the last uprising, in the Ukraine? One death is too many, but that number has been stuck in my head, and as far as "Bloody Coup's", go...it's a fairly low number, in my estimation.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Here is something just posted on fb from a group who live in the Ukraine!

www.facebook.com...

Some of you may be interested to read what is actually happening.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

14:38: Russian President Vladimir Putin earlier denied that troops surrounding bases in Crimea were Russian, instead he said they were "pro-Russian self-defence forces". But the BBC's Mark Lowen and his team managed to speak to one of the heavily armed soldiers blockading the military base in the town of Bakhchisarai, central Crimea, yesterday, who said he was a Russian soldier "usually based in Sevastopol".

14:39: Asked whether he thought it was right that Russian soldiers were barricading troops of the Ukrainian army in sovereign military bases of the Republic of Ukraine, the soldier said: "If you ask me as a person, then no it's not right. But I'm following orders."

BBC News: Live Blog

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I'm sick of Putin lying through his teeth. There is no doubt they are in fact Russian troops without insignias. Spec ops

What a liar

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

deviant300

I'm sick of Putin lying through his teeth. There is no doubt they are in fact Russian troops without insignias. Spec ops

What a liar

No they're not. They're just ordinary Ukrainians who just happened to put on the same outfits this morning. And found Russian guns somewhere.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I am not siding nor believing either side......I see the rhetoric coming from all three sides.

All I know is that Yanukovich was ousted as a result of delaying or not signing the EU agreement for closer ties, as, according to some, this would isolate them from Russia, whom they have very strong economic and business ties as well as various agreements for natural gas, and the leasing of several bases in Crimea where the Russian Black Sea Fleet is based.

The coup was orchestrated by fuel from the western powers, who always jump at the chance to isolate Russia. In Yanukovich's place, a hastily "interim" governement was put in place in Kiev, headed by convicted criminals and backed by fascists and yobs. The political views of these people are anti Russian, and openly indicated their strategy for Eastern Ukraine, which not good news for Ukrainian Russians...

Russia, having already had troops based in Crimea as part of their Black Sea Fleet, may have sent a few extra in to safeguard their assets and keep an eye on things and the people there (invasion? maybe not exactly)

anyway, we have the western governments blowing up, with all the rhetoric of "sovereign borders" and "international law" which in itself, for any person with a mind of their own can see it for the hypocrisy it is....I mean Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc etc.....to the point that no one listens to their words now.

So here we are, with the guys in Kiev believing they are cool with western backing, being egged on to stir things up more.....and Russia, protecting her interests and actually being the calm voice in all of this......not reacting to the threats coming from Obama/Cameron, et al.

Meanwhile Yanukovich fled, as know well and good what happens to the ousted leader of a country.....example Gadaffi, Saddam.....

Ukraine is a mess, but Russia is trying to stop it getting into such a mess like Libya, as it is in Russia's best interests to have a healthy friendly economic neighbour.

Personally I do not believe Russia has any expansion plans in the region.....it is all hyper propaganda to make Russia the big red monster again, as now that the threat from Al Queda has all but gone away....we need another enemy.....

By the way I am Irish, and have no allegience either way, I just see though the MSM propaganda machine

edit on 4-3-2014 by celticniall because: sp

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

deviant300

What a liar

Oh, make no mistake, I am right there with you on that. That's why I felt it was 'update worthy' to find a media quote that directly counters his remarks in his earlier press conference.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm afraid that Putin doesn't recognise responsibility on Russia as G-8 member and one of the major super nuclear powers in this interconnected and globalised World. If this is true

Angry Angela Merkel questions whether Putin is 'in touch with reality'

link
Then we have a real danger here of World peace.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Some summary on Ukraine crisis

Link

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't think i've ever seen so many stars and flags, over nothing. Fukushima and the BP Oil Spill didn't generate this much attention. Sad species we've become. War mongers!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
An intresting video HERE of those lovely law abiding women of FEMEN pissing all over photos of Ex President Yankovitch, of the Ukraine on the doorstep of the Ukrainian embassy in Paris.

Didnt put it here because i thought i may break T & C as the young ladies have their top bollocks on show...

If i was into conspiracies i'd say that Obama had paid them to do it...ha ha

It looks like the Paris branch of the Ukraine watersports society.

edit on AM2Tue20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

WonderBoi
I don't think i've ever seen so many stars and flags, over nothing. Fukushima and the BP Oil Spill didn't generate this much attention. Sad species we've become. War mongers!

You have lie in your post , maybe you are sad individual.Japan disaster have own subforum and main thread have 511 flags with 1500 + pages .
Ukraine crisis is biggest crisis in 21 st century and potential biggest threat which may lead to WW3, if you dont like this thread you can go to general chit chat.
edit on 4-3-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

WonderBoi

That's because no-one was trying to argue that a tsunami or an oil spill were good things.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Crimea’s new Prime Minister says he is taking control of all military forces and government departments in the territory, declaring an official break with Kiev.

Mr. Aksenov said Crimea will form its own military and he urged Ukrainian soldiers to join, promising them higher wages. If they don’t join, Mr. Aksenov said they will face legal action.

When asked if Crimea was now a separate country he said that will be determined by the referendum.

Well...interesting build up , I suspect other Regions will follow suit

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The pro Russian protestors who took over the council building in Lugansk, is demanding federalization of the state, and previously had asked Russia to send in their army.

Note Lugansk is a state of mainland eastern Ukraine, far from Crimea.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
And to add separately to my previous post, Ukrainian border guards have reported a build up of Russian forces on the border of Lugansk, and three other states.

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join