It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Federation Council Agrees to Putin's Request for military intervention in Crimea

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

DJW001...are you skimming?

Come on...you are aren't you!

(I do go on a bit, so i don't really blame you)

Read the last 3 or 4 paragraphs of my last post...well, my last loooongish post.

edit on 2-3-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

I agree, but the US has set a precedent for this in Panama and Grenada. Nobody is innocent in today's world.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
max ‏@smashbrownies 50s
CONFIRMED ONE EXPLOSION HEARD, PLANES & HEAVY VEHICLE MOVEMENT HEARD IN #SIMFEROPOL Unconfirmed: 2nd explosion, depot raid. #crimea #ukraine
Expand

Cllr Duncan Peck ‏@Cllr_Peck 2m
#BREAKING NEWS / "Explosions" heard in #Simferopol and unconfirmed reports that #Russian troops storming an arms depot in
#Belbek
#Crimea
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Dari Benetka ‏@DariBenetka 2m
@AP dice che scontro base militare #Simferopol in #Crimea è tra militari Ucr e ribelli pro-#Russia RE: #Ucraina
Pierre Crom ‏@PierreCrom 2m
I heard a big explosion when walking back to my hotel room in #Simferopol #Ukraine Who knows what happened?
Maey ‏@MaeyCat 2m
"@YourAnonNews: RT @dougf24: Two loud explosions heard in central #Simferopol. Going to investigate. #Crimea #Ukraine"
Babette van Rumt ‏@babetterumt 2m
Hier is de bron. RT @paulgypteau: We heard a loud explosion in #Simferopol, unclear what is was and where it was from.
Kevork Oskanian ‏@CrazyPsyKO 3m
RT @Kateryna_Kruk: journos in #Simferopol don't confirm information about explosions,say all quiet around city center. #fogofwar
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
Chloe Newsom ‏@ChloesThinking 3m
Jesus WHAT WERE THE EXPLOSIONS IN #simferopol?!? The suspense is excruciating. #Crimea #Euromaiden

I think its safe to say there was indeed an explosion.
edit on ndAmerica/Chicago302000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
David_Cameron David Cameron
I spoke to @BarackObama tonight. We agreed Russia's actions are unacceptable & there must be significant costs if they don't change course.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
How American media distorts Russian and Putin image

www.thenation.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

victor7

www.thenation.com...

Ah yes... a blog.

Crimea asked for Russian intervention protection.
Ukraine has asked for UN / EU / NATO protection.

I hope like hell that request is granted.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

Indeed, right before this madness started the EU handed over a trade agreement that would cripple Ukraine, from the bolts of the railway to the width of the tracks would have to be changed. IT would be an economical suicide if they excepted.

And remember Russia is still the biggest trade partner from Ukraine, but the EU needs Ukraine, and then 3 weeks later all hell broke loose. odd.

Hmmm. Your post made my thoughts open to an alternate possibility. Bear with me please-- I confess I do not know a lot about this issue brewing-- but suppose this is a ruse, a slight of hand. Suppose Russia is actually working in tandem with Ukraine to stave off EU & US meddling in the area.

To further my supposition... someone posited that the EU & US planted demonstrators to flame the uprising. I don't claim that's truth; also can't claim it's false.

Forgive me if I'm way outside the realm of reality and just chalk it up to an interesting idea for an action/suspense film with a twist at the end!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Problem with that is the fact that Ukraine had a pro Russian government, which was VOTED OUT by the people in a legal manner following the constitution.

So what we have is Russia losing a puppet state, being unhappy, and in return is going to annex half of Ukraine in retaliation.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

new_here
To further my supposition... someone posited that the EU & US planted demonstrators to flame the uprising. I don't claim that's truth; also can't claim it's false.

That someone was Putin.

Putin blames external forces for Ukrainian crisis

Russian President Vladimir Putin said the anti-government protests in Ukraine were organized and planned by the West as an attempt to overthrow the country’s legitimate government ahead of the 2015 presidential elections.

The protests, which participants are calling Euromaydan, are well-planned events, and the spontaneous protests, Putin said. In addition, the Ukrainian political opposition may be a cover for extremists, he said.

Did someone make the claim - True
Did they support it with fact - False

Maybe Russia funded / planned the protests via spec ops / 3rd party who didnt know where the orders / funding came from in Kiev in order to justify there actions in Ukraine's Crimea region. It might explain to Russian forces in Crimea with no identification.
edit on 3-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Xcathdra

victor7

www.thenation.com...

Ah yes... a blog.

Crimea asked for Russian intervention protection.
Ukraine has asked for UN / EU / NATO protection.

I hope like hell that request is granted.

You sure do hope............if you are sinking then want to take others with you?

Annual National Earnings:
US Neg ($3000B)
China +$200B
Russia +$150B

At this rate in 10 years:
China: sitting on top of everyone
Russia: solid
US: Beyond Bankrupt

So why not start a WW3 now and blow up the growing industries of others.

Evilness !!

God punishes Evilness very harshly !!

edit on 3-3-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I would like to add that

6/10 variables in US, I admire, appreciate, look up to.

2/10 variables, I feel can be further improved, corrected, finetuned.

2/10 variables are in the bracket of bad, stinky, to be trashed, evil, counter productive.

Would like other nations to adopt good points of the US and benefit.

Since 1991 many have benefited immensely and some others like Ukraine tried but failed due to personal reasons.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't think NATO will engage directly,i do however think there may be a redirection to counter Russia in Syria,headlines like Assad killed etc..
Basically the only way to stop Russia taking Crimea is NATO , but i do believe Putin ultimately holds the cards especially if Ukraine forces defect as I've expected,but really who knows
What is known is that is bound to get worse before it gets better,American navy will probably make an appearance,some Posturing from NATO like B1's to Poland…but i wouldn't go shopping for duct tape just yet,don't expect this to lead to WW3,it just isn't worth it

edit on 3-3-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

victor7
You sure do hope............

When it is hope for the world doing the right thing regarding Russia's invasion of Ukraine - Yes.

victor7
if you are sinking then want to take others with you?

Nope - Ukraine does not want to be dragged down with Russia.

victor7
Annual National Earnings:
US Neg ($3000B)
China +$200B
Russia +$150B

That happens when he US picks up the bigger ticket items for other nations - like a national defense. Secondly link your source for the earning figures please.

victor7
At this rate in 10 years:
China: sitting on top of everyone
Russia: solid
US: Beyond Bankrupt

China - Caught by the UN of violating their agreement when they joined the WTO. Caught manipulating their currency in order to create a trade imbalance. Caught under reporting / non reporting of their entire monetary sector. Municipal debt in china is close to 1 trillion dollars. Caught stealing trade secrete from various nations world wide. Forces foreign business to pair with a Chinese company in order to do business in China. Caught undermining the foreign businesses, forcing them to close shop and leave, allowing Chinese business to just move in and continue production while selling the items at cut rate prices.

Russia - Has a trade delegation in the United States for trade negotiations - going nowhere because of Russia's actions in Ukraine. All members of the G-8 canceled their participation. Discussions underway to suspend / boot Russia from the G-8. Currently running a national debt of 80 billion +/-. Seizing businesses from people who do not support Putin.

victor7
So why not start a WW3 now and blow up the growing industries of others.

WWIII would not be an issue if Russia removes its invasion force and uses diplomacy.

victor7
Evilness !!

Not Evilness - Putiness.

victor7
God punishes Evilness very harshly !!

edit on 3-3-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

Explains the Soviet Union / Communism / quantity over quality / etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

US government spends $2T more than it earns each year.

US Imports $800 to $1000B more than it exports each year.

Net results roughly $3T a year.

Do a wikipedia, figures should fall in or around $100B or so.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

all2human
but i wouldn't go shopping for duct tape just yet,don't expect this to lead to WW3,this just isn't worth it

Actions:
Saarland...
Anglo-German Naval Agreement...
3,000 troops into the demilitarised zone in the Rhineland...
Studentland...(The Republic of Czechoslovakia was home to a substantial minority of Germans, who lived mostly in the Sudetenland / Hitler decided to incorporate not just the Sudetenland but the whole of Czechoslovakia into the Reich)
Anschluss...(an ultimatum to Schuschnigg demanding that he hand over all power to the Austrian NSDAP or face an invasion.)
Free City of Danzig and the Polish Corridor
signed non-aggression pacts with Denmark, Estonia, and Latvia
Trade links were formalised with Romania, Norway, and Sweden
Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact (secret protocols dividing Poland and the Baltic states into German and Soviet spheres of influence)
Germany invaded Poland
Hitler made peace overtures to the new British leader, Winston Churchill, and upon their rejection he ordered a series of aerial attacks on Royal Air Force airbases and radar stations
Operation Barbarossa

Consequencess:
Rhineland - As the territory was part of Germany, the British and French governments did not feel that attempting to enforce the treaty was worth the risk of war.
Munich Agreement (Appeasement).
World War II
WWII Casualties

You are right... Its not worth getting involved. Putin won't take anymore land aside from Military bases err Sevastopol err Crimea errr eastern Ukraine err Ukraine err any land that was once a part of the Soviet Union.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

all2human
reply to post by Xcathdra

Putin will occupy Ukraine to oversee and make sure there elections are fair and corrupted
To be honest i don't think NATO has the cans to take on Russia

Just like America and the EU did when they organized the coup d'etat that led to all of this..
RIOTERS PAID BY THE KONRAD ADENAUR FOUNDATION, a german political foundation tied to Angela Merkles party and EX IDF SOLDIER WHO LED RIOTS IN KIEV ..nothing funny going on there is there !!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Xcathdra
You are right... Its not worth getting involved. Putin won't take anymore land aside from Military bases err Sevastopol err Crimea errr eastern Ukraine err Ukraine err any land that was once a part of the Soviet Union.

It's not, at-least not yet.
Crimea was gifted to the Ukraine by the USSR before they fell apart, after the soviet Union collapsed they became the odd country with its main naval base in a sovereign land.

No bullets have been fired, no ones been killed, Russia has simply put troops into position and told the Ukrainians to walk away.

This is a LONG way from the Rhineland and Germany, a long, long way! any kind of comparison is just ego thumping.

i don't know whats going to happen, but the circumstances and situation are vastly different.

Personally, if majority of Crimea is Russia, pro Russian or wants to be Russian, then the Ukrainians really have no other option but to let them seceded. Let the people of Crimea decide for themselves.

Any attempt to hold the Crimea against Russia's will will result in a lot of dead Ukrainian reservists.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
BBC REPORTS -
09:32: "Pull over and get out": Journalists report being stopped at Crimean checkpoints and having their bulletproof vests confiscated by militia armed with Kalashnikovs.

That'll be because they havn't got body armour..Kalashnikovs, yes.

BBC REPORTS -

09:02: The BBC's Daniel Sandford, who is at the Ukrainian naval headquarters in the Crimean port of Sevastopol, says pro-Russian activists are blocking sailors from coming to work. There appears to be great nervousness inside the base, with at least one machine-gunner stationed on a roof. Other armed troops are peering through windows and off rooftops.

Lets hope no one has an itchy trigger finger..all it takes is a bad case of nerves and the whole place will explode.
I think, personally, if this does start, it will be because of an accident with some "wannabe rambo pro russian militia" or "pro Kiev neo nazi"..sad.

edit on AM1Mon20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

andy1972

MessageforAll
So you don't call this an invasion? Russia is protecting its Assets namely it's geo-strategical possition for its Black fleet, While doing so taking Crim with it...

What are they protecting exactly?
They had the black sea ports rented until 2042 with Ukraines blessing..

Control of the port and the surrounding areas

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join