It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Federation Council Agrees to Putin's Request for military intervention in Crimea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Russia's President Vladimir Putin has asked his upper house of parliament to approve the deployment of Russian troops in Ukraine, the Kremlin says.

Putin seeks Ukraine troop deployment

It follows discussions by the lower and upper house on ways to "stabilise" the situation in Ukraine's Crimea region, where many ethnic Russians live.

Earlier, the Ukrainian defence minister said Moscow had already deployed some 6,000 extra troops to Crimea.

Kiev has accused Moscow of deliberately trying to provoke a confrontation

Earlier, the newly-elected pro-Moscow leader of Crimea appealed to Mr Putin for help to ensure peace on the peninsula - a request that would "not leave unnoticed" the Kremlin said at the time.

From the Kremlin website:

Vladimir Putin made an appeal to the Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation.
"Due to the extraordinary situation on Ukraine , threatened the lives of citizens of the Russian Federation , our compatriots , the personnel of the military contingent of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation located in accordance with the international agreement on the territory of Ukraine ( Autonomous Republic of Crimea ) , on the basis of paragraph " d " part 1 of Article 102 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation am submitting to the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation appeal for use of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation on the territory of Ukraine to the normalization of the political situation in this country. "

RUSSIAN FEDERATION COUNCIL AGREES TO PUTIN'S REQUEST FOR MILITARY INTERVENTION IN CRIMEA - DPA

So theres that. I think its official, Russia's annexing Crimea and possible Ukraine.
edit on stAmerica/Chicago301uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

MORE NEWS
Russia senators approve Putin's proposal to use miliary forces in Ukraine
Russia’s Federation Council has anonymously approved President Vladimir Putin’s request to use Russian military forces in Ukraine. The move is aimed to settle the turmoil in the split country.
rt.com...

Russian Propaganda at it's finest lol.

edit on stAmerica/Chicago301000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Asking for boots on the ground and actually INVADING, to stabilise the situacion are two different things.
He' asking for the power to do it..
What he say's and what he does arn't the same thing.
Quote - " the personnel of the military contingent of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation located in accordance with the international agreement on the territory of Ukraine ( Autonomous Republic of Crimea ).
edit on AM6Sat20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
So you don't call this an invasion? Russia is protecting its Assets namely it's geo-strategical possition for its Black fleet, While doing so taking Crim with it...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What did Obama say last night in his Speech (I'm in the GMT time zone by the way)

US President Barack Obama has warned Russia there will be "costs" for any military intervention in Ukraine.
www.bbc.co.uk...

But let it all fizzle out I'm sure there's a reason behind the military deployment to protect Russia's assets.

?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well wasn't there a report yesterday about 150,000 Russian troops massed near the border?That would be enough soldiers to occupy the entire Ukraine I believe.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

MessageforAll
So you don't call this an invasion? Russia is protecting its Assets namely it's geo-strategical possition for its Black fleet, While doing so taking Crim with it...

What are they protecting exactly?
They had the black sea ports rented until 2042 with Ukraines blessing..

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

I'm still not convinced Russia is after Ukraine, just Crim really. Also Russia is making a bold statement,doing this the day after Obama said there would be costs in doing so is showing the world "well America has lost its spot as the supreme power"

This with more and more country's showing doubt over America/ reserve currency... I don't know this could escalate quite quickly.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

deviant300
What did Obama say last night in his Speech (I'm in the GMT time zone by the way)

US President Barack Obama has warned Russia there will be "costs" for any military intervention in Ukraine.
www.bbc.co.uk...

But let it all fizzle out I'm sure there's a reason behind the military deployment to protect Russia's assets.

?

Quote - "US President Barack Obama has warned Russia there will be "costs" for any military intervention in Ukraine."

Yes there will. He should know, Afghanistan and iraq have cost nearly 6 trillion dollars.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The thing that's keeping me busy though is, Russia has warned in the past that Europe could face a very harsh and cold winter referring to the fact Europe is quite dependent on Russia's gas.

Now Europe will go on with sanctions against Russia( if they dare ) but I fear i'l be paying nearly twice as much next year for my heating. So in the end Europe will get shafted.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

Oh great... The Bear is baring its balls.

That is JUST what this situation needed. I cannot think of anything that could make this situation any better, than the addition of a few tens of thousands of troops, wearing no national flags, and therefore unable to be linked to any one nation, except by circumstantial evidence, meaning any criminal activity they may engage in cannot be traced to source in a thorough and solid fashion... that is bloody marvelous.

A nice even handed approach of course.

*overwhelming dose of sarcasm ends*

The fact of the matter is, that whether it was going to be Russia, or the US in association with the EU member states, someone was going to go into this mess, and try and play for the power. I think it is probably worth discarding any pretense that either side would have ever considered actually doing anything useful for the people of the Ukraine, but I would like to think that if the EU and US had gone and put people on the ground, that they would have shown up wearing the flag of their respective nations, not unmarked like these goons have.

I think this is all deeply shady business, and I do not think it is Russia's place, or any other nations place, to sort out the mess that the Ukrainian parliament has made for itself. Cleaning out that craphouse, is the job of the Ukrainian people, and they should have been allowed to get on with that of their own accord.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

MessageforAll
reply to post by TDawg61

I'm still not convinced Russia is after Ukraine, just Crim really. Also Russia is making a bold statement,doing this the day after Obama said there would be costs in doing so is showing the world "well America has lost its spot as the supreme power"

This with more and more country's showing doubt over America/ reserve currency... I don't know this could escalate quite quickly.

Well I really hope your correct about Russia being satisfied with Crimea.I'm not so sure.As for Obama's poor speech,he was expected to say something in disapproval.The Russians know we can't stop them if we wanted to.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Oh I agree completely if this revolt in Ukraine started with and for the people to begin with, which it didn't.
Those who sparked those protests weren't doing it for the people, those where some payed of sod's by the EU or US.

Everyone can clearly see a pattern, where these revolutions happens its always funded by some powers like the US or EU. Libya, Tunesia, Egypt... And what do we learn from this? Afterwards when they got their 5 minutes of fame on the MSM it's far worse then what they where used to.

I honestly believe Ukraine was a sting operation from the EU. That said, I don't approve of Russia's actions either.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

andy1972

MessageforAll

Are you serious?

What are they protecting exactly...well...put it this way, how did America feel and react back in 1962 when Cuba, right on the USA's doorstep, started moving in balistic missiles from the USSR?

Right...fast forward to today, reverse the countries and substitute Ukraine for Cuba, and you have your answer.

One of the latest comments to come from the newly installed puppet interim government following the coup, is about situating nuclear missiles in Ukraine...those missiles will not be aimed at the USA or EU. If not nuclear missiles, there will definitely be a large contingent of US bases built there, a sizable chunk of the EU 'missile shield' infrastructure and a build up of advanced military along the Ukraine borders...essentially the building of a new Iron Curtain, but this time, right on Russia's doorstep.

Russia is naturally, and legitimately, protecting it's national citizens within Ukraine and the integrity of its borders in Russia proper.

You can't be that naive, surely?

edit on 1-3-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Gazprom european exports rise to record levels

Could it be some of the energy company boys are nervous....so they have to cut off the Ukraine and its pipelines.

Quote - "OAO Gazprom, which provides about a quarter of Europe’s natural gas, increased exports to the region and Turkey to a record this year as customers won price reductions and colder weather boosted demand.
Germany, Italy and the U.K. led the increase in gas imports from Russia this year, a Gazprom Export spokeswoman said by phone, asking not to be identified citing company policy."

Nothing to do will politics or territorial disputes, could it be that -

Ukraine, Turkey and liquid natural gas energy coup

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

MysterX

andy1972

MessageforAll

Are you serious?

What are they protecting exactly...well...put it this way, how did America feel and react back in 1962 when Cuba, right on the USA's doorstep, started moving in balistic missiles from the USSR?

Right...fast forward to today, reverse the countries and substitute Ukraine for Cuba, and you have your answer.

One of the latest comments to come from the newly installed puppet interim government following the coup, is about situating nuclear missiles in Ukraine...those missiles will not be aimed at the USA or EU. If not nuclear missiles, there will definitely be a large contingent of US bases built there, a sizable chunk of the EU 'missile shield' infrastructure and a build up of advanced military along the Ukraine borders...essentially the building of a new Iron Curtain, but this time, right on Russia's doorstep.

Russia is naturally, and legitimately, protecting it's national citizens within Ukraine and the integrity of its borders in Russia proper.

Are you really so naive that you think that this is all because one of the largest nations in the world, is scared that tiny Ukraine, and Crimea could possibly overnight become such a huge problem that it would completely destabilize the entire Russian Federation? Obama would have never antagonized Russia, and in fact, he has shown every time that he wishes to placate Russia. Russia, however, saw this as weakness.

Nah, it's resources. Who cares about the Ukrainian people? Russia surely does not. No one was going to attack Russia...and the Ukraine was pretty stable even during this most recent governmental change. There was no reason to go in, except as a pretense to land grab, and gain resources.

Putin knows that America is weak. Syria showed him that the Obama administration was going to do nothing militarily. It emboldened him, to do whatever he wanted to do with the Ukraine. End of story.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

MysterX

andy1972

MessageforAll

Are you serious?

Exactly.....So when Ukraine accepted the 15 billion handout from Russia and not from the west which would have meant Russias expulsion from the black sea and Ukraines entrance to NATO and everything that goes with that, someone was very unhappy, which no doubt led to the "Ukraine spring / coup d'eat" we have just seen and the expulsion of pro Russia government, which had to go.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Indeed, right before this madness started the EU handed over a trade agreement that would cripple Ukraine, from the bolts of the railway to the width of the tracks would have to be changed. IT would be an economical suicide if they excepted.

And remember Russia is still the biggest trade partner from Ukraine, but the EU needs Ukraine, and then 3 weeks later all hell broke loose. odd.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Putin has finally gone a step too far. He has deluded himself into thinking that Russia is a great military power. When his invasion fizzles, he will be lucky if he is allowed to resign. More likely, one of his generals will put a bullet in his head.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Interesting, why do you think that? Sincere question.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Ukraine, Turkey and the liquid natural gas european energy coup

Just when Russias 2013 gas profits rise to an all time high thanks to Turkey, the Ukraine is trying to break free of Russia and start up its own gas business with the neighbours.....how strange the SHTF just now...

Quote " - Ukraine has also done much in the past 18 months to increase its energy independence. Recent shale tenders with Shell and Chevron and with Exxon for the development of the Ukrainian Black Sea have the potential to greatly reduce the dependence Ukraine has on Russian exports and potentially for Europe as well. “While the full picture of unconventional gas is expected to be assessed in the coming years, the key to success, as is the case of Ukraine, is infrastructure. If the future of shale gas exploration is to be bright, a new infrastructure will have to be built to link the sources of unconventional gas with the grid to allow for the commercialization of the gas."

Just look at those names...Shell, Exxon, Chevron etc etc etc ...Oil, Gas natural resources....sounds familiar.
The oil men shout jump, and certain countries shout " How high"..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join