It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People with High IQ's never seem to do/create anything 'remarkable'?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by depleteduranium92

Bill Gates has an IQ of 160. The same as Stephen Hawking and Einstein. Zuckerberg is smart.

To be sure, many billionaires are in the top 1 percent of brains. Mark Zuckerberg and Sergey Brin were each identified during adolescence by the Center for Talented Youth at Johns Hopkins University, and they attended a summer program there, which means they are in the top percentile of intellectual ability. Bill Gates is in the top 1 percent, as was Steve Jobs. Many high-profile nontechies are as well: Stefani Germanotta, a.k.a. Lady Gaga, was enrolled in the same program as Zuckerberg and Brin.

Read up on it more. There are quite a few geniuses that are running the country and big business. A rather large portion of billionaires have a genius level IQ. Many great authors, business people and entertainers possess genius level IQ as well as inventors and pioneers. It's not a guarantee, but it sure seems to help.

You may not hear about all the people working in STEM fields that are making breakthroughs daily and are well compensated and also have enormous IQs if you're not reading medical or scientific journals. That doesn't mean they're not there and contributing. They're amazing work just isn't as entertaining to quite a few people as a football game or Hollywood scandal.

Also IQ isn't everything.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

greyer
Even you, you look at me with a straight face as if I shouldn't have said anything to begin with. Stubbornness, ego, arrogance, being judgemental, I know who you are.

Actually, that straight face emoticon means "meh", and it was directed at the narcissistic view of wisdom, because I find it circular and bogus. I'm not sure where you got the impression that I was insulting you. You asked a question, I answered and gave my impressions. This is all.

You don't know who I am, I don't know who you are, and this is the first time we've met.

Look, I don't want to be rude, but you are quite judgemental yourself. This is not a good start.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I say, don't pay so much attention to IQ tests.

I've taken five different IQ tests, all of them giving me really different results.

I've gotten scores of 100, 112, 127, 155, and 167.

Every test gave me a drastically different result, so... I tend not to take them seriously.

edit on Xx70460631PM36 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

depleteduranium92
I read an article that said intelligent people aren't usually interested in money. Makes sense. They enjoy what they do than how much money they get; What still puzzles me is why the greatest writers,inventors,businesspeople, pioneers aren't comprised of people with genius IQs.

One might say this is an example of confirmation bias, that there were no tests to judge intelligence in the Renaissance and Middle Ages. ok, lets focus on those born during and after the mid 20th century.

Marylin Vos Savant is said to have the highest IQ....but what has she done really. Another person born around the same time was Bill Gates, his IQ probably isn't genius but look where he is now. Mark Zuckerburg is no Einstein, but he created a digital and social revolution, JK Rowling, again probably isn't the biggest genius, but she's written the most successful books in the 21st century.

So what do you think about this?
edit on 1-3-2014 by depleteduranium92 because: No reason

I can tell you from my own personal experience what I have come to observe anyway. Intelligence makes people insecure. Not all people have ambition either so if someone has ambition and is highly intelligent, they will get sick of constant personal attacks and develop ways to avoid or counteract this. This could involve creating a persona that fits into the group. If they are around people they wont go higher than the people they are around due to the shunning of new thoughts or ideas. People don't like to be bullied.

Now if said intelligence has no ambition, they will not have the desire to prove or display things in the same way as the conditioned society would expect. I can only guess many of these types just do not share their work for obvious reasons. Some do and it goes unnoticed because it is a platform and not the finished product. Other people go on to finish the product and do not really need to be intelligent once the base idea has been laid out.

Intellect cant be tested on a standard IQ test anyway due the restrictions placed on thoughts and values. It is not a true indicator of the high level intelligence but it can indicate a reactive mind (low intellect) rather than a critical mind (high intellect).

The issue I also observe with high intellect only is sometimes an emotional disconnect from the dynamic reality where everyone's opinions count and are relevant to something. Intellect combined with empathy leads to extremely high awareness.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join