It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraqis Closing in on Zarqawi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
A brigadier General of Iraq's National Guard has said that they have received current information on the whereabouts of one of the World's Most Wanted men. They have received intelligence that Abu Musab Al Zarqawi was last seen in Tuz Khormatu and is heading to Baquba.

www.iol.co.za
Kirkuk - Security forces were on Tuesday focusing their hunt for Iraq's most wanted man - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi - on an area in north-central Iraq after receiving a tip-off, an Iraqi national guard officer said.

"We received concrete information from very reliable sources that Zarqawi was transferred today to Tuz Khormatu and is heading to Baquba," Staff Brigadier General Anwar Hamad Ameed, the national guard chief in the northern city of Kirkuk, told reporters.

He gave no further details.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The news of Zarqawi's imminent capture is nothing new. We will probably hear it many more times before it actually happens, if it actually happens.

Zarqawi is reaching the same mythical status as bin Laden. He has become the new boogeyman for the US, and has been the scapegoat for much of the horrible things that have occurred in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I've always been amused by news stories such as these. It makes you wonder why they always get away.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well is about time he is not iraqi and he does not belong in Iraq, and finally we will be able to see is this man is real or just a myth.

He is starting to look like bin-laden all tapes and not body.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
How very interesting, I just heard today "rumors" of Bin Laden being surrounded again (remember Feb). can't find any outside verification of this event or even rumor though, but this is supposed to be current.

As for Al-Zarqawi, I can't wait for this guy to be captured. His prostetic leg, which must be bionic or something is a morbid fascination of mine

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Good! That will no doubt help. The insurgency will not die, but will be hampered by is loss or capture. I HOPE that they take him alive he has alot to answer for.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What phenomenal news.

How is the posse that "Commander In Chief" cowboy George W Bush sent after one Osama Bin Laden going?

In March 2003 Bush did not care or think too much about OBL.

One must conclude that OBL is still too valuable 20 months later as a bogey man and work of exaggerated fiction.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well I hope he doesn't have access to the internet.

Or else now he knows where he's going, too.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango
Well I hope he doesn't have access to the internet.

Or else now he knows where he's going, too.

Oh NO. I guess I shouldn't have posted this. We all know he does have access, or else how would we have been able to see the videos of his handy work.

I hope we're closing in on this guy, and I hope he meets the same fate as Uday and Qusay. I'm just rather doubtful that it will be any time soon. Granted they were able to "smoke him out of his hole" when they took Fallujah, but I bet he has plenty of people that will give him shelter.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
"We have verifiable information that Zarqawi is headed to Baquba, and we are on our way to meet him when he arrives."

"We have verifiable information that Zarqawi is in Fallujah, and we will launch a full-scale attack on the city beginning a week from tomorrow, after the innocent civilians have been given a chance to leave."

Uhh, guys....

I hope that they capture him alive, because if they kill him, the rumors will always persist that it wasn't really him laying there. On the other hand, the same rumors will persist if he is taken alive...

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Personally I feel that if captured both he and Bin laden should be treated in the same way.
Torture them untill they renounce islam, and the send a video tape of them renouncing thier faith to all the world news outlets.
I think a lot of islamic terrorists would lose thier resolve if the say thier hero renouncing islam.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
"We received concrete information from very reliable sources that Zarqawi was transferred today to Tuz Khormatu and is heading to Baquba," ...

forgotten part of above Radio Eriwan transmission:

...Unfortunately, it is still unclear if he has one or two legs, if he actually exists or is just a convenient semi-creation to 'rally the troops' when needed.

With all the military might of the US, we can't even produce a recent photo of the man? FISHY.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I doubt they will catch him alive.

Zarqawi is someone who would rather take his own life than be captured by the US/UK, and kill whoever is near him in the process.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

As for Al-Zarqawi, I can't wait for this guy to be captured. His prostetic leg, which must be bionic or something is a morbid fascination of mine

Hey, I wonder about that protestic leg myself, and who know may be Zarqawi and Bin-laden are one and the same, with a prostetic leg

top topics

join