It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grounding in eternal life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I consider it a life devoted to the praise of Lord Jesus. That way people become not of this world. Your mindset changes and that way you ground in eternal life.

I'm not claiming eternal life to be a discardable thing.
It's the only true way.

Grounding in eternal life you find yourself going against the will of Lord Jesus.
Lord Jesus is your guide to.

Some claim it to be in tune with the universe. Symbolical that is true, but you are in tune with God, which makes you " in tune with the universe." Being in tune with the universe doesn't make you in tune with God, but the opposite is true though.

So far clearing up confusion.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

i try grounding myself every day im much calmer than i used to be and much more spiritual these last few years im not who i used to be strange things are happening peace.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Sounds exhaustively boring and dull. I'd spend my whole eternity snoring, if what you describe is true.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Your input is very much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

oktopus

Your input is very much appreciated.

you're welcome.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Well some would consider that grounding in your Higher Self. Christ did say we are branches of the Vine, so that is a bit of a clue.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus
[more
Eternity and the christ go hand in hand, will you be judged by the door you enter?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

I find myself in to what has been a powerstruggle. I don't know against who or what it was, I guess I just lacked faith.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

I consider it a life devoted to the praise of Lord Jesus. That way people become not of this world.

That's a bit of an oxymoron. Praising Jesus is of this world, it is practiced by billions of people on this world and the way to do it is outlined in a book made within this world. We are not the only life in the universe but we are the only life that worships Jesus, meaning Jesus worship literally is of this world.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by oktopus

That's a bit of an oxymoron. Praising Jesus is of this world, it is practiced by billions of people on this world and the way to do it is outlined in a book made within this world. We are not the only life in the universe but we are the only life that worships Jesus, meaning Jesus worship literally is of this world.

You bring up a good point. Just because you are praising Jesus with your mouth, that does not mean that you actually have The Holy Spirit. It's possible to deceive others.

Here is the advice Jesus gave on false prophets:

Matthew 7:16
Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?

The good fruits come from those who fulfill the law:

Matthew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
"Before you die, make sure you lived eternaly."

That's my "humor", but my humor proved Always to be provoking.

Wouldn't we know if we were about to live eternaly?
Death seems to be no part of me, but that might just be natural.

If we were about to live eternaly, wouldn't it seem like having a purpose?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Eternity has no purpose other than to never say goodbye.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by oktopus

Eternity has no purpose other than to never say goodbye.

That's not true. Life is always changing.
Especially if you exist for Eternity.

Forgetfulness and Change would have to exist otherwise Eternity would be boring.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That's not true. Life is always changing.
Especially if you exist for Eternity.

Forgetfulness and Change would have to exist otherwise Eternity would be boring.

That's funny. I don't remember reading anything about change or forgetfulness in the OP.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Eternal life is still a life.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Yes I completely agree, that is the idea behind being a Krishna Devotee (no i dont mean a member of ISK "CON") But to always remember Krishna, to always have a deep sense of gratitude towards him, to dedicate everything you do, say, think and feel to him and to know that he is the proprietor of all that exists including you. That is how you become "In the world but not of it"

But I have a feeling that I'm about to get hit with "No.. only Christ can do it for you" Well to me it is also Christ, Rama, Mohammed and Abraham, IMO what is important is that above the impersonal, universal 'God' there is a higher level of His existence, and that is The Personality of Godhead. The name you choose isnt as important as the spirit of pure surrender unto that Personality of Godhead.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
With our way the whole cosmos is God, everything, there for we are God, we are the center of our Universe, what ever has been, will be so again, as above so below, as infinity expands outwards, so it recedes inwards, in this dimension and in all the infinite others....we are one.
edit on 6-3-2014 by zeevar because: wibble

new topics

top topics

join