It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists? Have you been feeling a bit "agnostic" lately?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I get the feeling that the punchline is going to be "atheism is a religion".

Hope I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Of course!!! A room with no walls??? A Mushroom!!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

daskakik
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I get the feeling that the punchline is going to be "atheism is a religion".

Hope I'm wrong.

Thats' kinda where I think he's trying to go with this whole thing too. Anytime someone has some super secret answer they are trying to lead others into saying it's usually based on some word play or something. While reading the original set of questions and realizing that he had some agenda in mind which is secret until he chooses to reveal it, I came to the same conclusion as you. Or atleast that it will be something along those lines.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

My SECOND post ever after 5 or 6 years just watching the ATS forum ::holds for applause:: Here is my #2...yikes...(haven't said that to a room full of people since that humiliating physical when they sent me to the bathroom with a cup and a goldfish net).
Sleep paralysis is something I am (oddly enough) ecstatic about having experienced. In my past, I did some irresponsible things to escape a painful life/reality. I was under impression that one of these things was a surefire way to trigger hallucinations which any child admiring the fantasy world of the 90s blacklight posters that were so popular, tho a throwback to 60s-70s iconography. I was very disappointed however to have grown out of this activity never once having truly hallucinated- seen something with my eyes that wasn't truly there. Walls wobbled, my palm lines flowed like little rivers, lights "bled" their colors to a much larger area than one would normally perceive, "shadow people" (our name for the shadows you think move in your peripheral vision) crept around, and my environment waved around slightly as if my surroundings were projected on a sheet suspended in a very slight breeze. I felt as if there were no way I hadn't gone as far as one can go in this, at the time, quite habitual activity. My conclusion? There was no such thing as hallucinating as hallucinating is portrayed in the movies or in ghost stories. Short of maybe a tumor growing in the brain, hallucinating was what I had experienced, no more. People didn't actually see the big yellow smiley faces in a cartoon world of tourquoise dragons, mushrooms, and pink elephants as 60s culture would have us youngsters believe hallucinating could manifest. So I lived the next decade pffffft-ing any story, TV show, or movie scene in which a character SAW something that wasn't there and I met many others with a similar past who excitedly agreed, "I KNOW! I don't believe people really see things when hallucinating, I never did but boy-hoy-hoy-hoy should I have a few times!" FF>>a year ago, I slept unexpectedly at one of my parents' houses when they were thousands of miles away at one of our other family homes. I slept in the theater across a row of recliners facing the screen. It was an awkward position but the only way I could hold/touch all 4 of my dogs who were alive then (have since lost 2, but they were 20 & 23 yrs old so you see, I adore my dogs and their long happy lives are my evidence. Wtf am I talkin about? I thought "slept contorted so I could touch 4 dogs" would give the first impression of me as "freeeeak"). I woke up the next morning and opened my eyes. This is when I felt emotions for the first time most never have to feel in all their life's entirity much less 10 agonizing emotions in the span of 100 seconds.
I panicked. "Oh God please, no!" I thought in my head. I deduced immediately I must have slept in a position which had injured my spinal cord and I had paralyzed myself. I had never heard of this happening but in the 5 seconds that had passed, it just all made sense and was for sure what had happened. Id seen this in movies, when the doctor rushes to a patient waking up and breaks the news they are paralyzed/wont walk again. Im a very empathetic person but movies don't cut it. I never knew the despair the learning youre paralyzed brings is a depth of despair I never knew existed. My heart broke and I sunk into horror at this thought that after all I have done and all I yearn to do, here I am 20 something doomed to count the clock down beckoning the end. My eyes brimmed with tears and I went to scream. I couldnt though. My lips were totally unresponsive. The panic became so severe there is no word that exists for the feeling I felt next. Not even my mouth had survived this, I wasn't quadraplegic, I was 100% paralyzed. It's been 30 seconds now and Im screaming scrrrrEAMing in my head, the only movement in my world that moment were my tears cascading down a totally straight face with functioning tear ducts, probably an odd sight to be seen. So here's that sentiment I never expected to feel til some day when I lose my mama (God forbid). In the next 15 seconds my situation becomes more grim as I realize that I will die a slow painful death. My parents aren't around to find me and I can't even try to talk my dogs into creating a commotion outside to help daddy. I'll starve and dehydrate for days of agony in a "Twilight Zone episode" for my only distraction as my body gives in to a drawn out death is....a blank screen...(cont.)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
If there was a true god then it would be impossible to contain an infinite entity in a 3-letter word "god". The concept of god is flawed. No language could describe a true god. The god we tried to describe/understand does not exist.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I could not give a yes or no answer to any of the questions with the exception of optional question #4 which is No. All the rest fell into the category of "I have no idea."

Guess that makes me an agnostic (which I've always believed.)

Hi "Bassago",

I've been looking forward to this response all day. Unfortunately, I got sidetracked...

You are, indeed, an agnostic. Because you are, you probably know what I'm trying to do. Do you? If so, would you kindly respond with a "Yes", and no indication of what it is.

I've always appreciated the sincerity, and integrity, of your postings. May I add you to my "Friends List"?

See ya buddy, and thank you very much!
Milt
edit on 343America/Chicago3RAmerica/Chicago2014-03-02T01:15:15-06:00Sundayu15America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

So then I am right? You're suggesting agnosticism and atheism are mutually exclusive. That's hardly a new idea you're positing that being the case. That's precisely what we were debating in the other thread and getting no where.

Why can't you just come out and speak your mind fully?

I suppose you're responding to people in order received. I can respect that. I will wait. I'm a patient soul.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I have yet to find anyone who can even define "God" in any way that makes sense, so I don't have that much trouble not believing in it. It's as if somebody shows you a box, then says that they believe there's something in that box, but it's undefinable and beyond comprehension, and you can't look in the box to find out for real until you're dead. At that point, all I can do is nod politely and offer an, "Okaaay."

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Then I take that apology back then, I was right the first time.

Cya BOYMONKEY..btw.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

So then I am right?

Well, I don't believe that you are, so you'll need to try to convince me with something other than that claim. I don't expect people to "take me at my word". Why do you seem to expect it?

You're suggesting agnosticism and atheism are mutually exclusive.

Yes I AM, and I knew that you couldn't wait to "jump" on that one...

"Agnostic Atheist", An analysis of the term:
1) "Agnostic", used as an adjective, can only mean "agnostic like".

2) If it were used as you seem to prefer, as a noun, "Agnostic Atheist" would, then, become an oxymoron.

3) "Agnostic Atheist", used in it's proper sense, can only mean: "agnostic like" atheist, and NOT a combination of the two.

I suppose you're responding to people in order received. I can respect that.

I truly do, owe you an apology, and I'm glad you said something about that. As the "Guest of Honor", I'll admit that, you truly do deserve the utmost of my attention. The next time I'm on, I'll start "whacking away" at your already posted responses. With that said, kindly accept my apology.

I'll catch you on the "flip flop"...

See ya buddy,
Milt

PS:
Do you know how to bait a troll? I'll bet that I DO...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Yes I AM, and I knew that you couldn't wait to "jump" on that one…

Not so much a jump. I understood it from the start. You're predictable and that's not necessarily a good thing.

Let's cut to the chase.

Instead of just saying I am wrong. Present your best argument. Make it concise and cogent. Your posts so far have lacked the clarity we all seek..
edit on 2-3-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
At the first layer of the subconscious, the atheist is an agnostic. At an even deeper layer, the atheist is absolutely obsessed with God, enamored, hopelessly in love. To hide that fact, he positions himself as an "atheist" while all other people notice that he spends countless hours on internet forums talking about God.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Atheists love a being they don't believe exists...

That's an admirable feat!?! lol

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

Atheists love a being they don't believe exists...

Isnt it amazing? For something they supposedly believe doesnt exist, they spend a LOT of time and dedication talking about it.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

So talking a lot about something means they believe it's true?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

So talking a lot about something means they believe it's true?

It means there is a subconscious obsession, a love. Something you truly believe doesnt exist, doesnt cross your mind all the time.

Apart from religious zealots, nobody talks more about God than the modern Atheist.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

On what grounds are you possibly determining you know the subconscious processes of other people??

Something you truly believe doesnt exist, doesnt cross your mind all the time.

In other words. The atheist is a theist. Yes? Is that your claim?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

On what grounds are you possibly determining you know the subconscious processes of other people??

You having publicly presented thousands of posts on the subject of God, it follows that you have a keen and intense fixation. Are you denying that?
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I am proudly anti-theist!

I do not deny it!

Please be more specific in your questions if you intend a further conversation.

…but no I do not agree my amount of posts towards god is some kind of evidence I believe in god. Which is what you are clearly insinuating.

No.

In the spirit of other posters; what god am I offending? Define it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join