It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The purpose of LORD Jesus.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

oktopus
reply to post by Cinrad

What is your point?

You keep on referring to Lord Jesus, however you are confusing The Lord Jesus (son of God) with Lord Jesus (new age "ascended master")

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

How come you believe Jesus is a demon? Jesus lived a perfectly humble life so that others can see the love and humility and try their best to live like that (philippians 2:3-6). We are told that Christ came to give everyone freedom and we are to live by treating others as we'd like to be treated as this Fulfills God's Law (Galatians 5:14 ).
edit on 2-3-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

You have no idea about what you are talking about. Go accuse yourself of things you didn't do.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

reply to post by oktopus

Dont be deceived by just any spirit that calls itself Jesus. There are demons that have taken on that name and will answer your questions and give you guidance into the occult religion. I have heard New Agers talk about Lord Jesus in the same breath as Lord Maitraya and Lord whoever, claiming that Lord Jesus is an ascended master (a man who achieved enlightenment but chose to stay at a lower level of heaven rather than go to/achieve Nirvana so that he could help guide other men to enlightenment). There is a series of books called "Conversations With God" but the person is having a conversation with a new age demon not God, even though the demon calls him "my child" and claims to be God. I dont know if English is Oktopus' first language but I found it concerning that he or she kept referring to Lord Jesus and not The Lord Jesus. If you are talking about Jesus of Nazareth who died for our sins then the proper title is The Lord Jesus.

This has happened before:
2Co 11:3 But now I fear that you will be tricked, just as Eve was tricked by that lying snake. I am afraid that you might stop thinking about Christ in an honest and sincere way.
2Co 11:4 We told you about Jesus, and you received the Holy Spirit and accepted our message. But you let some people tell you about another Jesus. Now you are ready to receive another spirit and accept a different message.
edit on 2/3/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Oh, k, that's fair. But when I prayed and received strenght I said Lord Jesus, not The.
But it's no big effort to refer to Him as The Lord Jesus. hmn, sounds better actually.

Thx.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if you say "Lord Jesus" (1 Corinthians 12:3), "The Lord Jesus" (Acts 16:31), or "Our Lord Jesus" (2 Thessalonians 2:1).

The words don't matter. Anybody can say anything. We are even told that people will be calling Jesus "Lord, Lord" but he never knew them (Matthew 7:22-23). The Holy Spirit is what's most important because The Spirit is what saves you from living for The Flesh and your own selfish desires (Galatians 5:16-18) because it is those type of people who are trapped in The Physical and do not inherit The Kingdom of God (Galatians 5:21).

Those who belong to Jesus Christ are those who crucified their bodies of their passions and desires to follow The Spirit (Galatians 5:24).

You either have The Holy Spirit or not, and you will know by the 7 Gifts that it brings: Love, Joy, Peace, Forbearance, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control.(Galatians 5:22)

That's another thing that's important to point out. I heard people saying that they had The Holy Spirit and they felt something "possessing" them. That is Not The Holy Spirit, it is clearly shown in this verse that The Holy Spirit brings Self-Control, Love, and Peace.

Have The Holy Spirit, THEN read The Bible.
Have The Holy Spirit, THEN use discernment to see if people are good or bad.

Holy Spirit comes first and everything else comes second.

That's my advice.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Thank you for taking the time to post that Arpgme + Nice what you've done to your profile.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I agree with you arpgme, in the end it does not matter what exact words you use because the Holy Spirit will tell you if you are talking to the true Lord or not. But it can take some time to develop that discernment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join