It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romania: Witches must pay taxes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The Eastern European nation of Romania has declared that witches, astrologers, and fortune tellers must pay income taxes.

In response to this outrage, witches are casting spells on politicians and the government there.

In fact, the former President Mircea Geoana claimed that a bearded mystic's spell cost him the election a year ago.

Romania's northern section borders Ukraine.

I wonder if a government takeover is in the works?

Romania: Witches must pay taxes

In an effort to crack down on tax evasion and pull the nation out of a recession, Romania has decided to tax its witches. Romanian witches are not pleased and said they will respond by doing what they do best: casting a spell on the president and government.

The government's new tax law came into effect on Jan. 1 and will target witches as well as astrologers and fortune tellers. They will now be included in the labor code, treated like any self-employed person and expected to pay 16 percent income tax and contribute to state health and pension programs, the AP reports.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
A Witch tax,lol.How funny would it be if its Creator suddenly grew a third eye or tail.But seriously I wouldn't want to be the target of these witches.You never know...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

xuenchen

In response to this outrage, witches are casting spells on politicians and the government there.

In fact, the former President Mircea Geoana claimed that a bearded mystic's spell cost him the election a year ago.

Any chance we can get them to come over here?
Nancy Pelosi would have some competition and maybe some of the spells they cast on their politicians would work for our own politicians. Win/Win
edit on 3/1/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Any chance we can get them to come over here?
Nancy Pelosi would have some competition and maybe some of the spells they cast on their politicians would work for our own politicians. Win/Win

I think a special immigration status needs to be awarded to Romanian occult workers.

They could work here as "consultants" and "administrators" and should be paid tax exempt commissions by results.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Politicians here with both R & D in front of their names are already in the occult. They are the successful witches and warlocks of our time.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i don't see anything wrong with it at all. why shouldn't they pay their fair share of taxes? if everyone else has to pay so should they. if they are threatening to "cast bad spells" then they should be arrested and imprisoned, just like anyone else who makes "threats".

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

If they're going to tax witches and other such purveyors of magical services, they'd get better results in taxing every religious institution too.

While they're at it, if it's a matter of taxation and need for more money in the government, they should probably begin to seriously consider the decriminalization and legalization of substances and services which can also be taxed where making such things legal could/would increase international tourism.

Further, with increased international tourism, if they changed their business laws to make it more favorable for businesses, then, they'd further draw tax income from multinational agencies setting up shop.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

If they're going to tax witches and other such purveyors of magical services, they'd get better results in taxing every religious institution too.

"witches and other such purveyors of magical services" are people not institutions. while i can't answer for there, i know in North America, and elsewhere that "ministers", and other "clergy" or church leaders and workers that receive "pay" for their work, (being people) ARE TAXED via income tax on their pay. you are comparing apples to fish in your statement.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

generik

"witches and other such purveyors of magical services" are people not institutions. while i can't answer for there, i know in North America, and elsewhere that "ministers", and other "clergy" or church leaders and workers that receive "pay" for their work, (being people) ARE TAXED via income tax on their pay. you are comparing apples to fish in your statement.

Wow.
Someone's a little bit touchy.

The point of the matter is, Religion is a bigger business, and regardless of whether it's an institution, or, some sweaty snake handler under a tent on the roadside, it still falls under the same umbrella of "magical services".
Further, any government hoping to rake in some extra revenue would stand to reap in a greater proportionate share in land taxes, business licensing, and taxes on profits from religious institutions, and all purveyors of magical services, both individual and institutional, on offer.

yup.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Wow.
Someone's a little bit touchy.

The point of the matter is, Religion is a bigger business, and regardless of whether it's an institution, or, some sweaty snake handler under a tent on the roadside, it still falls under the same umbrella of "magical services".
Further, any government hoping to rake in some extra revenue would stand to reap in a greater proportionate share in land taxes, business licensing, and taxes on profits from religious institutions, and all purveyors of magical services, both individual and institutional, on offer.

yup.

other than the Catholic church, and the few christian sects that have a larger ruling body (possibly) and some of the few "super churches", or the crooked televangelists (which most of the money goes to a "person"and so it is already taxed due to income tax), they wouldn't get much money at all. most churches actually struggle to pay the bills they already have, not much "profit" to be found there. in fact in many churches the minister ends up having to work a job outside the church as the church can not even afford to pay them a decent wage.

on the other hand if you want to tax church institutions, in all fairness you would have ALSO apply the SAME TAX to every other "charitable organization", such as red cross, green peace, world wildlife fund, NAACP, the various mason charity works, all the various cancer charities, gay rights funds, battered woman shelters, homeless shelters, collage bursary funds, etc. and at that point, you would be right they would glean MILLIONS even BILLIONS from it.

comparing taxes on people on what they personally receive from ANY goods and services one sells or performs, (spell casting, reading the future and the like would be a "service") for money, would be comparing income tax. that is comparing apples to apples.

comparing charitable religious organizations to other charitable organizations, is comparing fish to fish.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
If you make money and you use that money to make things or do things that could make more money and if it starts to really get good and better ..then you should be taxed!!

Haahahah! Right!!

Yup!!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
If they refuse to pay, do they fine them or burn them....It's hard to believe in 2014 ...

I wonder if theres a different pay band for white witches, black magic and druids..??

Will they charge for spell cast??

Can you claim tax back on the stuff you use like - eye of newt, a new wand or cauldron, bats blood etc etc.

edit on AM6Sat20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I am wondering just how darn big the witching business id over there....
As in how much money will this new tax put into the governments coffers pray tell?
Is there some kind of registry of the occultists which the gov boys can use to ferret these tax evaders out?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Oh!! Unless your the church of Scientology. They have lots of $$$ lawyers and such

Hey..This whole planet is nuts!! So what's new??

Woof!!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

TDawg61
A Witch tax,lol.How funny would it be if its Creator suddenly grew a third eye or tail.But seriously I wouldn't want to be the target of these witches.You never know...

Another Witch/Manifestor. They can be very nasty if you have bad karma.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

generik

AliceBleachWhite

What about our altar rooms from which we work? It requires upkeep and has an overhead. Why can't the money being donated for my services fall under the same rules as a church?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

LittleByLittle

TDawg61

Another Witch/Manifestor. They can be very nasty if you have bad karma.

Hey I can play too woof!! woof!!

I Sold comic books and toys at a flea market here in Florida. They taxes us by "Trust", we were given an envelope to hand in at the end of the day (7%) of our sales. Did I cheat?? Nope!!
If everyone paid their fair share ..hey...what more could anyone want??

If that don't do it.. then ..we have a problem. Then we fight, That is right!!

edit on 1-3-2014 by RUFFREADY because: spelling hehehe

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Crap!! I should have played this (if it wasn't for that big eyed alien babe) now that I thunk about it hahaha!!

I do agree though with her

though she will be the end of me one day. Or taxes MmmmMmmmM..

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Funny on so many levels.
. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

LittleByLittle

Funny on so many levels.
. Thank you.

anytime