It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow. Korn--Spike In My Veins Official Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
In times of tumult and overreach of power, Edward Alsworth Ross suggested that it is in those times that other radiants of social control will begin to exert their power in order to instigate social change. I'd been waiting for a band to actually gather the nerve to tackle the issues of this particular time head on and here it is. And let me say, it's about time:

This is the official video for the song. It's really very interesting that the band's Vevo channel didn't host it but considering the content, well, maybe that's not too surprising.

Enjoy because I'm betting a lot of you will.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Loved it!

Just gonna leave this here:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Love Ministry myself. Was just listening to it last night.

Looks like some media sources are a little sore:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I dunno, HuffPo, I think the video is pretty darn relevant.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Great music and powerful vid! Thanks for sharing this!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
wow. I've never been a huge Korn fan but this was great. Both music and video.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Night Star
Great music and powerful vid! Thanks for sharing this!

Yeah, it's filled with little edits to hit on underlying points. For instance, the UC Davis police officer pepper spraying students had "Hero cop defends freedom" underneath it as the caption. That wasn't in the original broadcast ("Pepper spray in your face!" was the original) but the caption, at least in my thoughts, is meant to be ironic and perhaps a little scathing. I encountered many people who felt like the protesters in this incident and elsewhere "got what they deserve". I've heard a few times now that protesters are ultimately "protesting democracy". One little caption in that video has so much possible meaning.

Pretty awesome.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Loved it! Always been a fan,but this was beyond. My only issue was seeing Rob Ford given even more celebrity status.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

AccessDenied
Loved it! Always been a fan,but this was beyond. My only issue was seeing Rob Ford given even more celebrity status.

Korn was basically picking many of the "breaking" "celebrity" news stories that have been going on in the last year while we have the far more widespread in impact issue of NSA surveillance going on. Look at it this way. How many were directly affected by Justin Bieber's actions? Miley Cyrus' actions (well beyond being scarred for life)? Ford, while definitely an impact on a number of people in his position as mayor in Toronto, has very little effect on people living in the US and he was yet another "big story" here.

Kanye West, Beyonce, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Rob Ford = all distractions and juxtaposed against videos of police brutality against protesters that didn't get aired or, when they did, were "spun". That's why Ford was in there.

Hell, he quite possibly makes our politicians look comparatively "good" if one wants to be cynical about it. "Our politicians may be corrupt but at least they aren't as corrupt as Rob Ford...." Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I think that was the point of the video (notice the surveillance camera mounted to the robotic arm filming him singing?). Then there's the lyics - "We are the ones taking all the pain, falling on our faces they don’t care anyway".

The videos' trying to say that while we're obsessing over the meaningless antics of celebrities, the government is basically out of control and doing everything it can to control and manipulate every aspect of your life.

Do quite like the song as "just a song", but it still doesn't quite sound like the Korn that I had on infinite repeat when I was younger. The music sounds too over-produced and "clean" whereas the music most Korn fans grew to love was dirty, grungy and usually had an irregular tempo

top topics

join