It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to Michelle Obama From a Knucklehead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

It's completely unclassy for a First Lady to say such a thing to an entire generation of young people. Period. The media PR tried to make her out to be another Jackie Kennedy....

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

ThirdEyeofHorus

It's completely unclassy for a First Lady to say such a thing to an entire generation of young people. Period. The media PR tried to make her out to be another Jackie Kennedy....

She lacks the class of virtually all the First Ladies of the last 60 years or so. Given some of the looks I have seen in pictures taken at unguarded moments she is one person I would not want to be around at all...period.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I'm sure he was talking about the entire Y generation, not just himself

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Meh. She spoke thoughtlessly and painted with what could be interpreted as a broad brush. However, he was a bit too indignant and took it to an equally ridiculous place. At least he took some initiative and maybe she as the first lady will see this and think twice next time about making such generalizations.

I personally would have said that young people can be knuckleheads at times, sometimes no matter how smart they think they are or how eloquent they think they sound at a given moment, there will be knucklehead moments. If not, well that's kinda sad too.

edit on 3/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

ThirdEyeofHorus

I don't see how pointing out the truth is unclassy. While knucklehead may not be the delicate passive aggressive terminology we've come to expect in America, the point wasn't wrong. Trial and error naturally leaves young people more prone to stupid mistakes. They haven't gone through life. It's that simple.

Pointing it out shouldn't hurt anyone's feelings, it's a reality that has applied to every generation. I don't know one person who doesn't wonder "what was I thinking" while looking at their past. If you aren't easily hurt, or nitpicking for political points than this comment isn't all that relevant.

If the word knuckle head is the worst of your problems, You've had a pretty good day. Toughen up. I don't care for the PC sugar coating. Sometimes being real is more classy then the phoney charade we put up.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

~Lucidity
Meh. She spoke thoughtlessly and painted with what could be interpreted as a broad brush. However, he was a bit too indignant and took it to an equally ridiculous place. At least he took some initiative and maybe she as the first lady will see this and think twice next time about making such generalizations.

I personally would have said that young people can be knuckleheads at times, sometimes no matter how smart they think they are or how eloquent they think they sound at a given moment, there will be knucklehead moments. If not, well that's kinda sad too.

edit on 3/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

Well stated. Every ten years or so I look back and think of my previous self as being an idiot. I hope this means that I am gaining wisdom as I age, but then again my wife claims that there is a 14 year old living inside me, so who knows? LOL

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join