It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol & Sugar feed infections, and suppress immune systems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I remember back in NY how months ago up until my brother died, despite being in remission from cancer, thrush, C-DIFF, and MRSA infections, the diet craved in and stubbornly indulged in was anything but healthy.

Whenever I visited, I would find my mother toting heavy bags full of the 24-packs of Coke and Pepsi, as well as packs of cigarettes, and 2 liters of Vodka. I pleaded with her to stop fulfilling such a nasty request, but she'd argue it's all my bro would drink. I pleaded with him how the hfcs sugar acid and caffeine all work against any efforts at killing off the infections, maintaining alkalinity in the blood against cancer relapse, and the ongoing complaint of severe insomnia mind you, drinking soda especially beginning midnight thru to around 5am, of all times?!

All efforts were in vain, as my brother laughed somewhat demonically about having no will power at all nor wanting any, during those months. Looking back, I believe his soul was already gone, forced out by the negative possession, ridden with disease and total apathy even towards one's own body and mindset. As I live on the opposite coast, there was little I could aside for pleading with my parents to have him commited to a permanent rehab. Instead, they would just break down and pull him out of rehab within a week, cause he was.. crying. (Sheesh)

Anyways, I dont thing I've come across any discussions about alcohol feeding infections on here. But I'm confident most of yall already know that the body processes alcohol into sugar (and other stuff, ie, volatile acetylaldehyde which elicits drunken stupor, kills brain cells and other organ/elles).

I just wanted to put that out there in case some of your parents as well claim alcohol 'kills the germs' my father to this swears by it to the point even though he's lost all his teeth to diabetic/alcoholic infections already and isn't even into his 60s yet, still takes shots whenever has any tooth problems and even dabs alcohol on the gums claiming it kills the infection.. well that's alcoholism for ya. Anyways, its my understanding that alcohol does nothing to kill internal infections in human bodies, its only effective antibiotically for topical antiseptic use, right?

Oh and the 2nd way alchohol/sugar worsens infections is that they somehow suppress the immune reponse. Right? Not sure the exact mechanism as far as how but thats what they do, too!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You mean that's why I've had this chest congestion for 3 months?

Hold on, I'm gonna need a few more beers to let this sink in.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Everything we eat and drink nowadays is dangerous for us.. even the most natural resource.... water!!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Most of the time, I just eat what I like and I don't worry too much about what's in it. I make a few exceptions though.

I don't drink any kind of soda, juice, or alcohol because it contains way too much sugar. I only drink water.

I do eat a lot of sweets so I should watch that, but my philosophy is, we're all going to die some day anyways.

Might as well enjoy what you eat on a daily basis, but make sure not to go too overboard. There are a lot of health nuts out there who won't even touch ice cream or any kind of sweets.

Everything in moderation.

Enjoy that slice of cake. Just make sure you don't eat the whole cake.

Try to enjoy life because you might not live to see tomorrow.

Peace, Love, Happiness, and Light.

~Quyll

edit on 28-2-2014 by Quyll because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear of your loss

I don't know about alcohol not killing germs. I've swilled my mouth with brandy for a toothache and it worked. For awhile anyways. I think you can pour it onto cuts if nothing else is available. Alcohol is usually known to kill germs. It's used on ear piercings to help heal and prevent infections.

Of course drinking it may not be beneficial but my goodness look at that queen mother who lived past a 100. All she did was drink brandy. She was warned not to by doctors, but she outlived all these doctors!

Personally I think it's the consumption of chemicals into todays food. Pepsi and coke is loaded with it. It's a terrible thing to be drinking. People are eating pre- made foods, microwaving this crap. Ingredients in food should not be long names you can't even pronounce.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
my old mom smokes 14 packs of ciggs a week and refuses to stop and no ammount of pleading with her will make her give up ,

she used to drink like a fish when she was younger after a bottle and a half of scotch she would announce that she would be as good as drinking water and then neck 5 beers+ and do that 7 days a week .

but she went into hospital yesterday with a growth inside her the docs have been draining 3 litres of fluid out of her every 2-3 months ' she has everything wrong with her you an name and they were scared to operate on her so i feel your pain op just waiting for the phone to ring with bad news

edit on 28-2-2014 by 999zxcv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
When people get that bad off and there really isn't any hope , why would anyone want to take away the only thing that makes them happy? Are these the same people that would have their loved one go through miserable treatments that will never save them but prolong the misery just so you can have more time with them even when they are ready to leave this hell behind .....that to me is selfish and cruel

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
sorry for your loss,

its my understanding that alcohol does nothing to kill internal infections in human bodies, its only effective antibiotically for topical antiseptic use, right?

Moderate drinking may boost your immune system and help fight off infections, a study finds. Research from Oregon Health & Science University found that people who drank alcohol — in moderation — had a reduced risk of death. The research was published Dec. 17, 2013 in the journal Vaccine.

2nd way alchohol/sugar worsens infections is that they somehow suppress the immune reponse. Right?

In my opinion, alcohol should only be taken in moderation and sugar should be avoided. Sugary alcoholic beverages and sweet wine should also be avoided. Just drink a couple of Organic micro-brews

new topics

top topics

join