It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythical Chupacabra Shot And Killed On Texas Family’s Ranch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Interesting looking animal! Ok ats'ers let's have at it!

www.mrconservative.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Obviously that animal doesn't "suck blood" I doubt anyone cares whether it is killing domestic animals they just like shooting every wild thing they see.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Diseased/mangy coyote, obviously.

In fact, that's probably the explanation for the original Chupie myth.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yep, that's it alright.

The chupacabra is hairless/somtimes having a bit of blue tinted hair....looks almost like a dog, except has a MUCH larger head, and really big ears.

The eyes are sometimes said to glow and/or reflect red.

Neat video.

Hopefully they can identify once and for all what the cupacabra actually is. I'm guessing some kind of wolf/dog hybrid.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Obviously that animal doesn't "suck blood" I doubt anyone cares whether it is killing domestic animals they just like shooting every wild thing they see.

Actually people do care....and in that region in Texas, the chupacabra has been a problem...even law enforcement knows about it. There was a video recorded a while back from a cop who was chasing a chupacabra down the road, looked just the one in the video the OP posted.

They aren't afraid of humans, and they kill off lots of domestic animals and have been known to cause trouble for farmers, people in the area.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Answer

The thing is if you go back to the original chupacabra reports it looks nothing like a mangy coyote. It's only when we started getting reports from the US that descriptions started to change.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Looks like a mangy coyote. The foxes in our area had the mange about 3 years ago and it wiped out a good part of their population. They also looked odd and acted crazily, the body being depleted of hair and the animal starving. At the very least, this poor creature was put out of its misery.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Sorry but that's what we call a Coyote. Did these people just move to Texas?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Xcalibur254
reply to post by Answer

The thing is if you go back to the original chupacabra reports it looks nothing like a mangy coyote. It's only when we started getting reports from the US that descriptions started to change.

Yea ,the chupacabra from puerto rico is definitely an entirely different animal.

These are two different things, being called the same thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Answer
Diseased/mangy coyote, obviously.

In fact, that's probably the explanation for the original Chupie myth.

That's what I was thinking too while I watched the video. Mange can drive an animal mad, just as mad as rabie's if not more so... no wonder the livestock is torn apart whenever there's a "chupacabra" report. A friend of my mom's while I was growing up had this great golden retriever who I loved and who loved me back. The dog got mange and within a month he just wanted to attack anything that moved. Most of his fur was gone and the skin was swollen, red, scabby and just heart breaking. He was so miserable it drove him insane.

Instead of taking him to the vet and after oatmeal baths failed to cure his dog (go figure, this was the type my mom dated, another thread topic lol), he took him out in the field and put a shot gun bullet in his head. At least we got to bury him... wonder what those Texan's are gonna do with their monster?!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

supermarket2012

Char-Lee

Actually people do care....and in that region in Texas, the chupacabra has been a problem...even law enforcement knows about it. There was a video recorded a while back from a cop who was chasing a chupacabra down the road, looked just the one in the video the OP posted.

They aren't afraid of humans, and they kill off lots of domestic animals and have been known to cause trouble for farmers, people in the area.

From the OP source

“They’re a mythical creature that most people see, but it really is sarcoptic mange, which is caused by a mite that bites the animal and it can be on any mammal dogs ,cats, coyotes, foxes and humans can get another version of it as well.”

So proud, shot it at 250 yards, glad we got the grandkid so he can kill off every thing but cows.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Muzzle looks hell of a lot like some kind of Dog or Coyote.

edit on 28-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Heres the video...

Looks like a coyote to me...

edit on 28/2/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I can't tell you how tired I am of people calling these mutant dogs the chupacabra. That's like saying an iguana and a housecat are the same.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Lmao..the son identified it as a chupacabra @ 240 yards?
mangy coyote at best.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

Well there was a TV show that did DNA testing on similar hairless dark grey corpse in TX and it was proven to be a type of hairless fox. Rare but this breed of Fox are all hairless and explains the fact that it is not exactly dog like but close.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Saw a picture the idiots shot someones dog.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The man says it's a coyote without hair .. so it's a chupacabra. Or.. it's a coyote without hair, so .. it's a coyote without hair ...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by retsdeeps1

Interesting stuff..i never knew there were any hairless members of the canidae family, i guess where it doesnt get too cold they could survive. Interesting
Cheers

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
That's not too far from my place. I'll have to watch for mangy coyotes around here. So far I've only seen normal ones.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join