It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leno, LeBeof (& others) and the anti-NSA connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I waived these rumors of Leno being dismissed by NBC because of his commentary being anti-Obama(care) through his monologue jokes etc, but if you collect all of his on and off (staged) air comments they all fit one common grounding: He is warning the the/his audience either directly or indirectly (through a controversial guest). Some of those guests become targets., no?

examples:

the first one you will have to find yourself on Crackle named Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
S3 E3: Jay Leno: Comedy is a Concealed Weapon 10 mins+ (find it for youself, since I don't think this site allows it?)

seearch also on youtube (sorry, I don't recall how to add them)

Shia LaBeouf Exposed Government Spying In 2008
Jeremy Scahill On NSA Leaks -

there are many more, and now i wonder if the Leno-Conan fiasco was a fix to begin with to create a distaste and dislike for Leno
for 'entertainment' yet was meant to also discredit his political views all along.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Could you give us a summary of what they said? I just don't know if I should bother unless I know it is something that would interest me. Not trying to be rude.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

The summary is that Leno seems to mention NSA's spying activities not only in his monologue jokes but he seems to bring them up as often as he can, whenever he can, even at random times (as the comedians in cars outing) when the topic hasn't even come up in conversation at all. His comment was just so strangely random.

The other guy LaBeouf (I am not familiar with his acting but heard of him through news sites) seems to have gone nuts recently, not quite in a Charlie Sheen sort of way, but close. His behavior is more akin to a Brittany Spears breakdown.

Is this his punishment/humiliation for showing public distaste for govt. spying? or are they merely just like anyone else (like some of us) who is ostracized by others for having seemingly 'paranoid' opinions on such topics?
edit on 1-3-2014 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

I tend to watch Kimmel instead of Leno, so I don't know much about his statements. It'd be worth looking into. As far as Shia Lebeouf goes, I feel like I understand him a little bit because of my background. Lebeouf is an art-house type of person. His actions lately seem to be more like performance art than breakdowns. He actually made a video recently that seemed to depict MK-ULTRA type techniques. Actually, I take that back, he was one of the main persons in the video. So, he seems to be aware of conspiratorial topics. By the way, nobody in the MSM knew what it was about or what it meant. I would post the video, but it has nudity. If I find the name, I'll post the name of it. I forget if it was a music video.

Update: It is a music video. It's by Sigur Ros; it's called Fjogur Piano. It's like a weird Scandinavian name.
edit on bSat, 01 Mar 2014 16:16:06 -0600pm59America/Chicago3pmSaturday01America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Ya, as I said I have little knowledge of him but Leno does seem to have many of those who rant on the topic of spying, Constitutional issues and similar on his show compared to other hosts who don't give them airtime.

Just thought there might be more to his recent 'retirement' than I initially thought.

top topics

join