It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Make Announcement on Ukraine at 4:45 EST (Video & Transcript)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
They are not giving up their warm water port.

Maybe he could sit down and have a beer with Putin.

Maybe he should just explain we don't like it when they invade sovereign territory.

Maybe he could give him a ring.

Maybe some free Obamacare.

Maybe he could challenge him to a game of hoops.

What Does Obama mean if they invade Ukraine. Does he have a television?

They are already there...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by whyamIhere

Hmmm.... What would Ron Paul do about the Ukraine Crisis if he were President Right Now ?

Former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul says the U.S. should keep its hands off of the quickly developing situation in Ukraine and let the country solve its own problems, arguing that Americans understand “that our interventionist foreign policy is only creating more enemies overseas.”

“If you asked most Americans how they feel, my bet is that you would discover they are sick and tired of the US government getting involved in every crisis that arises,” Mr. Paul, Texas Republican, wrote in his weekly column under the headline “Leave Ukraine Alone!” “Certainly the American people want none of this intervention in Ukraine.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

Yes , thats just about Right Mr. Paul

I can understand your sentiment.. honest i can, and I'm not being sarcastic or anything.
But as a British and European citizen.. If it were not for the United States the Russians would
at this very moment be using Normandy and Plymouth as their naval bases.

We Europeans would have been overrun decades ago.

Vladimir Putin is a bitter deluded man that hates the United States he still see's
through the eyes of a KGB officer bent on the over throw of Europe and the downfall off the United
States.

The United States for it's faults, needs to stay strong...and we in Europe should be grateful for it.

There are always men like Vladimir Putin.
edit on 28-2-2014 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

rigel4
Well in one respect Putin has shown his hand and his credentials.. I have been saying for years that he is a dictator
and I have been flamed for it.

People have flamed me and said that Putin is not out to build new empires... Really
Well I wish you were right... but sadly I am right and Vlad the bad has unleashed the dogs of war.

# YOU Putin

Burn! Now would you like some Alovera for that.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Agit8dChop
To all those people who are criticizing Obama what would you have him do?

Wave a White Flag and leave Office, would be a start.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Want some world peace?

From the top-down, start taking out self-serving politicians and globalist bankers, giving no quarter.

Humanity has suffered long enough at their hands.

edit on 28-2-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Agit8dChop

All I want is for him to do something!!!

I've seen less "waffling" at IHOP!

but he did..
he came out, said they wouldn't accept a military intervention (which is strong talk against a nuclear nation)
he said Ukraine deserved to be sovereign (he's choosing his side)
and he said he'd been in touch with the Ukrainian pm backing them. (he has given them legitimacy)

do you want him to threaten the largest nuclear nation on earth?
did you want him to look down the camera and say in a stern voice ''Putin, please leave them alone?''

again, what would you like him to say?

I respect you as a poster and this isn't aimed at you only, but everyone here.

on one hand people criticize Obama for getting involved and not focusing on events at home, now he's being criticized for not facing off with Russia over a small eastern European country that has always been under Russian control.

all we know so far is that the crimean government building and the airport have been taken control of.
they havent been destroyed, normal operations are continuing... everyone needs to just calm down a bit and stop spitting on Obama for not starting WW3

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I saw it as rather vague.

He talked tough on Syria and backed down. I honestly believe. . . . .

That Russia (Putin) would not have done this without the go-ahead of Obama and the world leaders.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

13th Zodiac

Agit8dChop

yes, because Biden, or the republicans are so much better, right?

screw it lets bring in Bush, as a caretaker.. we all know the positive outcomes the USA experienced between 2000 and 2009 under his watch.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

Well the sad thing is we as the people cant really do that, if you can see through all their bs your smart enough to know its not an easy task to get rid of these politicians & bankers, not just because of all the brainwashed masses of people that wouldnt rise up and try to get rid of them but look what happens to almost every country that has tried to rise against their government. As for the bankers well same thing they have money & power, makes me sick.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

You guys really need to live in the now and stop with the nuclear weapons threat. Russia is not going to use nukes.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

beezzer

I saw it as rather vague.

He talked tough on Syria and backed down. I honestly believe. . . . .

That Russia (Putin) would not have done this without the go-ahead of Obama and the world leaders.

I dont think Putin is listening to anyone at the moment. why should he? Ukraine is his border country, he's a nuclear world power and America is in very negative territory!

As for Syria, you know, Syria's a much larger problem than Iraq is/was. you couldnt military intervene in Syria like Iraq.

Any US action in Syria would have been responded to with devastating force. be it in Iraq, Israel, Afghanistan or the fleet docked of the coastline. It would only have taken one slipup in Syria for the US to be forced into major military confrontation with ASSAD and also the opposition.

Obama did the right thing on Syria, the chemical attack (by the opposition) was horrendous, but it wasn't spectacular and the USA knew the opposition did it and the fake accusations against Assad wouldn't hold water.

If the US had of gotten involved, Syria would be 10x worse than it is right now.

Every word spoken is a new kind of vocabulary, you cant come out and threaten a nuclear nation over Ukraine because they will immediately cross the line just to see if your bluffing. and if you fail to backup your threats, America loses super power status over night.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Maybe he should do a Selfie with his Peace Prize.

Putin will surely recognize his prophet like status.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Xcathdra

Agit8dChop

You guys really need to live in the now and stop with the nuclear weapons threat. Russia is not going to use nukes.

no one is saying he is going to use nukes.

but you dont threaten a nuclear nation, because they will call your bluff and make you look weak when you dont respond.

Its like Belarus threatening the USA with military action.. the world would just laugh at them!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

Xcathdra

Agit8dChop

no one is saying he is going to use nukes.

but you dont threaten a nuclear nation, because they will call your bluff and make you look weak when you dont respond.

Its like Belarus threatening the USA with military action.. the world would just laugh at them!

Of course the world would laugh but the issue people seem to ignore is how a nation using nuclear weapons on a non nuclear nation is going to be perceived. All we need to do is look at the argument peoples still make against the US for dropping 1 on Japan (although circumstances justified but that's a fight for another day).

If Russia cant win a conventional war, nukes aren't going to help matters.

All a nuke is used for is mutually assured destruction, which would undermine any territorial / economic / resource gains. Its an automatic "lose" button. I just don't understand why people constantly invoke that element, while ignoring the fact that the Us and other nations who are allies also have nukes to send back to Russia.

The Ukraine actually had the 3rd largest nuclear arsenal when the Soviet union broke apart. They have since transferred all of those weapons back to Russia and are non nuclear.

My other comment about nukes would be the US advances in our ABM systems. Does it have problems - sure. Does it work - possibly.

What would be the result of Russia launches nukes, which are destroyed by the ABM shields? Would it be acceptable for us to send Russia back to the stone age? Or would the world take that as an over reaction to a reduced threat?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I could see Russia using nukes in the future but it probably won't be in Europe as their population centers would be too close to the fallout. It would be in their far east using scorched earth to defend against a Chinese invasion. That said, the mere threat of nukes will help ensure this at most will remain a Vietnam style conflict with the actual fighting limited to Ukraine. Nuclear war between Russia and the US isn't a complete impossibility even if it is more unlikely now than during the cold war.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

13th Zodiac

Agit8dChop

yes, because Biden, or the republicans are so much better, right?

screw it lets bring in Bush, as a caretaker.. we all know the positive outcomes the USA experienced between 2000 and 2009 under his watch.

Ah, No. I hate all politicans equally. unlike yourself I'm someone who leads not follows.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Arrghhh! Enough! Stop puffing up Obama! If that sob wanted the world to take him seriously. He should have minded his business domesticity and not threating to use the pen! Perhaps be punctual and start a Fricking press briefing on time! Not late as usual! I do blame Obama! I also blame the rest of those idiots running the hill! Always stalling and waiting till it benefits them and not the people that hired them...

I mean Obama, McCain beohner, palosi, Reid Rand Paul.....all of them...

If they had not stuck their noses up the rest of the worlds butts when it was not called for and let the people decide what they wanted. Perhaps when a much needed issue arises like a nuclear threat....which is not on the table as of now! Then maybe the rest of the HUMAN population would allow their opinion and maybe request an intervention.

Fricking get it in your heads! THE U.S. OF A. IS NOT THE WHOLE WORLD! STOP DRINKING STARBUCKS AND FORMING AN OPINION THAT YOU FEEL IS JUST!.

NOW BACK ON TOPIC! THE PEOPLE OF THE UKRAINE WILL DECIDE WHAT THEY WANT! ( if they want to split into east and west. So be it.)
Russia's only interest is to protect its ports. If Russia acts provocatively and the Ukraine wants help. They will tell the world how to go about!

edit on 28-2-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

And after he ran out of the press conference he ran over to the Democrats and told them it was time to party.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Conservatives are such hypocritical idiots. Start threads about Obama when he helps a country out..saying we are not the world`s police....then turn around and rag on him for not doing something in another country.

Jeez..you should keep your faux outrage straight.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
Conservatives are such hypocritical idiots. Start threads about Obama when he helps a country out..saying we are not the world`s police....then turn around and rag on him for not doing something in another country.

Jeez..you should keep your faux outrage straight.

Obama should lead, not follow.

Really, how hard is this to figure out?

He should be writing policy, not reacting and following all the time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join