It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada’s convoluted firearms regulations should have legal gun owners worried..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Yeah tell the Americans about how we also have rampant gun violence..wait....no we don`t.

You want to be an American gun nut..then go there...we don`t need your type of people in this country. We are happy with the way this country is..we don`t need to live in constant fear like they do in America. Criminals do not run our country like they do in America..we don`t have to live fear they are around every corner out to get us.

We live in a country where gun violence is not rampant.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

Yeah tell the Americans about how we also have rampant gun violence..wait....no we don`t.

You want to be an American gun nut..then go there...we don`t need your type of people in this country. We are happy with the way this country is..we don`t need to live in constant fear like they do in America. Criminals do not run our country like they do in America..we don`t have to live fear they are around every corner out to get us.

Not sure where you live but there is plenty of gun violence here. People get shot all the time. Do you think the people doing the shooting are carrying their guns legally?

As for the rest of your statement, I'd expect nothing less from the average Canadian. Pathetic really. I'll live where I damn well please, this country is still somewhat free and I don't answer to you or any other lib.
edit on 28-2-2014 by DeadSeraph because: edited for civility. Apologies. Been a rough day.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
mod note

Lets keep the name-calling off the board, OK?

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Portugoal
reply to post by EmpathicBandit

This got defeated at the convention. At least the Liberals are deciding as a group what policy positions they're going to take. Harper doesn't allow discussion. If the Liberals were the party in power, would they actually try and pass this? Doubt it. I think its just Conservatives trying to spin things.

What we should be more afraid of is Harper's backwards position on things such as the war on drugs (couldn't help but laugh at the radio ads essentially saying marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol and tobacco) or how he's completely controlling our politics by pruning anyone who tows the party line on any given issue out of the party.

And lets not forget the part of those commercials where they claim "they(liberals) want our children to have access"..same group of fine people who claim that if we dont like our net and phones being snooped on we support child molesters and internet predators..they just make me want to puke.
2 words..global agenda

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

vonclod
And lets not forget the part of those commercials where they claim "they(liberals) want our children to have access"..same group of fine people who claim that if we dont like our net and phones being snooped on we support child molesters and internet predators..they just make me want to puke.
2 words..global agenda

Isn't it crazy that they can just make half-ass claims on the radio and no one blinks that these people run our country? I suppose most political parties are guilty of it though.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

Yes you do have gun violence in Canada.. Vancouver for one.. Guess who even has handguns that are totally banned? Here it comes... Criminals! They don't mind at all that guns are banned! And guess what they do with them? They shoot people

If Canada is suddenly calling for total gun registries and banning them completely, it is because someone is asking them to do it. Like a certain politician in the USA. For certain malicious purposes. Or it could be for other reasons, but none of them are good for Canadians or Americans.
edit on 28-2-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

alienreality

Onslaught2996

Yes you do have gun violence in Canada.. Vancouver for one.. Guess who even has handguns that are totally banned? Here it comes... Criminals! They don't mind at all that guns are banned! And guess what they do with them? They shoot people

Yep. Same thing here in Edmonton. Gun laws don't do squat to keep them out of the hands of criminals and I will never understand why anti-gun nuts fail to grasp that simple concept. People get shot here all the time by thugs with illegal handguns (it's illegal to carry a handgun on the street in the first place here if you aren't a cop). Every single drug bust that is announced here always comes with a list of illegal firearms that were seized along with the money and the drugs. Gun laws do NOTHING to prevent criminals from using guns (because they are criminals in the first place and don't obey the law). They only restrict law abiding citizens.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I have lived in Canada in the past, and it is an awesome country, but there are places I was not wishing to go because of a few bad apples with guns.. If I lived way north in the interior though, I would want a couple large caliber hand guns just for dealing with the occasional angry bull moose, or some big bears. Those things will ruin a nice picnic real fast..

If those politicians get what they want in gun bans, you can expect the out of control RCMP to be even more anti social than they already are..Maybe that wouldn't matter though, since not a whole lot of regular folks even have guns of any type..

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Well at this point it is unclear who has reclassified these rifles as prohibited..im hearing the R.C.M.P. did it on their own?..doesnt make sense to me. I heard it was 2 weapons in particular..one being owned by about 400 people and the other with about 10,000 being owned in Canada, making all owners of the prohibited weapons technicaly criminals untill they hand them in..without any compensation i would add.
I wonder how they are planning to collect these as all the info from the former gun registy was supposed to be destroyed..ya right im sure they destroyed the info.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Most of the people i know roll their eyes at those commercials..thankfully there are still some left with critical thinking abilities.
I would agree that all the political parties are guilty but for some reason i find the harper cons more than the usual kind of disgusting with the audience they pander to.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by vonclod

Neither the RCMP or the government can be trusted on the issue, because they both share the same agenda and cover each others tracks. For those of you interested in the subject, I recommend checking out the following:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Onslaught2996

Yer dead wrong sport
We live in a country whose "upper"class are the descendants of bootleggers from the prohibition era....
The RCMP is a federal army of occupation and not a police force.....
many more Canadians believe in gun ownership than don't....
Canadians desire the same rights and freedoms as Americans enjoy....including the right to bear arms...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

To say that the NDP would drive the economy into the ground or that that is what you would be afraid of is standard talk among naysayers .I was a bit disappointed with the NDP in Novia Scotia when they had the reins .But I think that no matter what party gets in power ,they will still be beholden to the large Corporations .Come to find out the NS NDP's gave the Irvings something to the tune of 400 million .That told me that someone is calling the shots and it's really not the people we elect or us .The fact that the Liberals have been caught as well as the Cons doing things behind the scenes .consider robo calls ...they were both doing it ...Harper has done more to silence scientist and his move to forbid people working in the Archives from talking to schools ...It seems that there is a rope around our necks that is being tightened a little by little where we will find ourselves having no say in a rigged election ...I don't own a gun myself but I cant see them being such a issue that any party would try and make it one in order to get a few cheep votes .

Harpers commitment to completely destroy the Liberal never went away . Trudeau has his work cut out for him in the next election to make gains .Harpers strong base and the frustrated electorate will probably produce a minority win . The only way for the rest of the country to wrestle the wheel away from him will have to be a coalition .If the NDP gets a minority they will have a hard time to get anything done ,having the opposition in a position to pretty much call the shots . I haven't voted in many years out of frustration but I may just put my X for the NDP in the next election . I am not worried about them ruining the country ..we survived the Liberals and the Conservatives in the past despite what they have been caught doing .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join