It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Claims “Americans Want Security Over Freedom”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Daedalus
so for you to over simplify things, and suggest that we just "do what they did" is disingenuous

I'm not the one claiming that one third of the people "don't support this garbage".

All I did was point out that one third is all it took to establish the USA so saying nothing is being done because two thirds don't care is not a valid excuse.

i do? holy s**t, when did that happen?

also, you(unsurprisingly) misunderstood what i said...

Guess that cuts both ways.

in today's context (which makes just as much sense), it's used as something of a cautionary slogan for people who value both freedom and security

Even your breakdown doesn't lead to "you have both, hold on to them". You can't resolve the logical problem of giving up something in exchange for something you already have.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It is also no strange correlation that people prefer happiness over truth.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The thought police aka current Illuminati controlled administration are trying to make the American people believe that the security of your nation is synonymous with absolute control!

Unfortunately for your populace, absolute control amounts to nothing more than absolute power which as we all know corrupts absolutely!

edit on 2-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I think the statement is MORE accurate if you say...

"Americans HAVE traded security for freedom without realizing it."

He makes that statement as if Americans were asked "would you give up freedom for security?" When the decision was made for us.

Propaganda at it's finest!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

daskakik
I'm not the one claiming that one third of the people "don't support this garbage".

what does that have to do with anything? do you believe the number is smaller? bigger? do you believe EVERYONE supports what's happening?

All I did was point out that one third is all it took to establish the USA so saying nothing is being done because two thirds don't care is not a valid excuse.

i never said nothing is being done because two-thirds don't care...and yes, it only took roughly a third of the colonists to fight the war, and establish the country..but since you glossed over the rest of my post, you must have missed the bit about there being a catalyst that triggered the revolution...again, just going, and committing violence in such a reckless, and disorganized fashion is senseless, idiotic, and completely unnecessary.

Guess that cuts both ways.

no, not really....i understand what you're saying very clearly.

Even your breakdown doesn't lead to "you have both, hold on to them". You can't resolve the logical problem of giving up something in exchange for something you already have.

and you think they're interchangeable, and can't exist at the same time....obviously one can NEVER achieve ABSOLUTE freedom, or ABSOLUTE security...but you can get close, and you can have both..you need not sacrifice one, to have the other..

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

No, I don't think you understand what I am saying.

Doesn't matter.

edit on 3-3-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

riiiiiight...

concession accepted, i guess..

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

I have already said all I had to say.

If you don't get it then there is no point in repeating it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join