It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Claims “Americans Want Security Over Freedom”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

In a way I get where he perceives this. I don't entirely agree but I believe the majority have lacked any true tangible sense of freedom for so long that it is more and more true as the decades go by.

What many older Americans tend to do is underestimate how intelligent the younger generation are becoming. They are becoming self-aware rapidly. Only time will tell but eventually I think the younger generation will look to the elder freedom lovers to lead the way and make it there own. It's not far off from possible to see another cultural revolution like there was in the 60s.

I just think it will play out much worse in the end before it gets better.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
My grandmother watches CNN all day long. They're just as bad as Fox news. The MSM in this country is nothing more then a tabloid. I can't believe how many Americans are brainwashed by this bs. Simple minded people that can't think for themselves. All these news networks with they're opinionated mouthpieces telling you what to think and what to believe. The majority of Americans are idiots.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Those who prefer security over freedom deserve neither.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

The majority of Americans are idiots.

I'm not sure that's the case. Your point about MSM talking heads is accurate though. The biggest two problems is a great many Americans have been deceived by the talking head/propaganda machine or they do not want to hear about the problems. So maybe the latter example are idiots.

Everyone will eventually learn though whether it's through thinking for themselves or when the SHTF bites them in the backside. Either way time is running out.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Jake Tapper is a stupid piece of crap.

that is all.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by wantsome

The majority of Americans are idiots.

I'm not sure that's the case. Your point about MSM talking heads is accurate though. The biggest two problems is a great many Americans have been deceived by the talking head/propaganda machine or they do not want to hear about the problems. So maybe the latter example are idiots.

Everyone will eventually learn though whether it's through thinking for themselves or when the SHTF bites them in the backside. Either way time is running out.

no, he's right.....generally speaking, the majority of americans are idiots....

there's roughly 300 million american citizens....roughly a third of us give a crap, and don't support this garbage. then there's the remaining two-thirds, who either don't care about anything, are willfully ignorant, are too stupid to understand any of it, are completely oblivious, or believe that what is being done is good...we get to be referred to as terrorists by DHS, even though we've done nothing even remotely terrorist-like...and the rest of the mouth-breathers, dumb eaters/consumers, and ignorant supporters, are considered good, loyal, patriotic citizens.....it's f**king bizarro world out there....it's doublethink.....war is peace, weakness is strength, slavery is freedom, tyranny is liberty....

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
That sounds a lot more like the government line than what the people want.The police are militarizing at an alarming rate anticipating trouble from the people.Maybe the predicted economic collapse will give them the excuse they need for martial law.And hope I'm wrong but the possibility that Obama would make one of his decrees to cancel the next elections.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Well it's a shame they didn't ask this American, they would have gotten an ear full.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS ! THE 1 THIRD !
edit on 28-2-2014 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

there's the remaining two-thirds, who either don't care about anything, are willfully ignorant, are too stupid to understand any of it, are completely oblivious, or believe that what is being done is good

Hmm, when you put it that way I guess I'll have to concede the point. A majority are probably idiots, arrgh. Don't like to think it could be true but you may be right. I still hope not.

I guess if a third of us are awake it's going to have to be enough. Hopefully we can wake a few more.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Daedalus
roughly a third of us give a crap

Funny, it is said that only one third of the colonials supported the American revolution.

Now, go and git her done or your just proving the guy on the boob tube right.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You need not look any farther than CT - a north east liberal state. Their legislature wrote a law stating register your weapons & 50,000 to 450,000 people said nope!

So now what is the state going to do - start door kicking?

People want both Security & Liberty and some people are figuring out the government can't provide Security and just might take their Liberty!

Peace

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Look! Si cooking some squirrel burgers, Duck Dynasty pretty wicked.

...and they turn in droves, all gone, all gone...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well then lets just have a big old party and start tearing down the Statue Of Liberty down and replace it with a great big middle finger, cause that's just about the response you get anytime you bring up the constitution or your right to free speech, bear arms, demonstrate peacefully, or any other right that makes us all Americans. This clown obviously doesn't realize that a society, a responsible society, that is able to arm itself to the teeth, has security, and freedom.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Daedalus

there's roughly 300 million american citizens....roughly a third of us give a crap, and don't support this garbage. then there's the remaining two-thirds, who either don't care about anything, are willfully ignorant, are too stupid to understand any of it, are completely oblivious, or believe that what is being done is good...we get to be referred to as terrorists by DHS, even though we've done nothing even remotely terrorist-like...and the rest of the mouth-breathers, dumb eaters/consumers, and ignorant supporters, are considered good, loyal, patriotic citizens.....it's f**king bizarro world out there....it's doublethink.....war is peace, weakness is strength, slavery is freedom, tyranny is liberty....

I agree most people do think security is better than freedom.

The control is not physical, it's psychological. People have been totally brainwashed -I said this before, if the majority of the population really didn't like the direction the police state is going, within four years the entire process could be changed.

And it's not a left or right thing either. Their both happy to destroy civil rights in their own way.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Partisan political shills in this thread aside... The dude who said that is correct. What Americans want is to watch their TV's, buy their useless crap, one-up their friends with their new iPad, and ignore the rest of the world while our government rapes it for the corporate elite.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I was also bothered by how he said "jerks like me cover it". Why would covering it make him a jerk? Isn't it his job to inform people? He acts as if he is sorry he has to tell people about it. It feels like they are promoting apathy.

Of course they included the fact that Paul opposes it, they've already established what Paul represents as a network. For their viewers simply saying his name invokes a negative reaction. Everything about how they presented it sucked.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I will take my freedom, thank you. I honestly believe that most
of our politicians, regardless of party, no longer wish to deal
with the inconvenience of us having rights.

It is simply much easier to be lazy if you can force whatever
you want onto people.... ugh this planet is really starting to
irk me. So many will simply give up their freedom and right
to choose for a promise that cannot even be kept.
edit on 1-3-2014 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin

Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join