It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

0bama accounces "My Brother's Keeper" program

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

edit on 28-2-2014 by neo96 because: nevermind

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

The grants has been around for a long, long time, available to any minority group or foundation that want them to indeed help the minority groups of youth in the nation at disadvantage, or anything else, they have been getting the money, but have you seen any effects of the millions of dollars of grant give away yet? how long does it takes to show the success cases this grant money and foundations have to offer.

You know why? because the money is never enough, right? now Obama is going to make it work?

(post by smithjustinb removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by rangerdanger

The grants has been around for a long, long time, available to any minority group or foundation that want them to indeed help the minority groups of youth in the nation at disadvantage, or anything else, they have been getting the money, but have you seen any effects of the millions of dollars of grant give away yet? how long does it takes to show the success cases this grant money and foundations have to offer.

You know why? because the money is never enough, right? now Obama is going to make it work?

genetic predisposition. plain and simple. not racially, but more specific.

In the inner city, it is the lazy deadbeats that have the most kids. I have seen the ghetto youth with multiple babies and baby daddies.
So, othesr just as desperate should lose out so those multi generational deadbeats can have even MORE freebies?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I live in the south, GA to be specific and yes I have seen exactly what you are talking about, sadly is also an emerging new group in my neck of woods that are cashing out on Americas birth right laws, illegal immigrants, very soon their birthing rates will surpass those of the poor and working poor class.

Because in America under privilege babies means welfare money.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by HanzHenry

Sorry sweetheart I am Lilly white but I don't have a problem with helping out a segment of society that have been shoved aside for way too long. If you don't know that white kids have had more advantages than black kids then you're just shutting your eyes. Let's stop pretending ok

The very act of what you are promoting just causes minorities to have expectations of failure because of the "obstacles" your words are saying exist, and "tells them" they have been undermined and need help for everything they do.

Does this promote success for them? I don't think so...

This same idea that Obama is telling them by giving them some special program does exactly the same thing.

It is like the minorities are all being herded into a special education class on a short bus and then being taught they need special help or they will never make it in life. They will always have doubts about themselves because of this BS
edit on 28-2-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

macman

(CNN) – The President has a message for young minority men who grew up like he did."

Does he mean living a life at High end private schools in Hawaii paid for by his White Grandmother who was a V.P. of a Bank?

"I was born a poor Black Child"......Puhleeze.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

It removes revenue from the taxable income of people and/or business. You know, the beloved Govt funding source.

So, it does in fact does have the actual tax payers footing the bills.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

No one???

I would have a problem with it.

It is inherently discriminatory. Much like the United Negros College Fund.

If a bakery is forced to serve a gay couple, then an organization can't just cater to a specific race.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Are we talking about other Presidents or are we talking about 0bama?

I guess he is MORE of a President to them then the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

And it encourages them to donate to a program created to help only black young males.

I guess that they old Chinese women don't need help either.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And 0bama and his followers don't actually read or understand this statement of "brothers keeper".

Maybe someone should read what it fully states in the bible and tell 0bama he is yet again, a moron.

Cain told Abel his brother. And it came about when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him. Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where is Abel your brother?" And he said, "I do not know. Am I my brother's keeper?" He said, "What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood is crying to Me from the ground.…

So....I guess 0bama/Govt is Cain and the people are Abel.
Funny how irony and actually reading what the quote is in context actually depicts accurately what is going on.

edit on 3-3-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

buster2010

Better to throw away tax payer dollars investing in the people of this nation than to give it away to some other nation.

Now that is funny.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join