It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

0bama accounces "My Brother's Keeper" program

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by HanzHenry

Stop it . Like white kids don't already have an advantage over many black kids. What world do you live in. There is a program for kids with mental disabilities that is govt funded and they exclude normal children from the program. There is a foundation that supports people with physical disabilities and healthy adults are excluded from benefiting from it. What's your issue?

Tell me, what advantage?

the being passed over due to affirmative action?

you sound borderline RACIST, being non white is equal to being disabled? REALLY?

and i am going on a limb and stating that you are not white
edit on 28-2-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

edit on 28-2-2014 by HanzHenry because: bb

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Oh darn, instead of having a spine, and telling a new generation of Americans (of all colors) to look at him (President Obama), and realize that now anything is possible, no matter what your background is...he creates another program for minorities. That's great, and it will keep the racism alive, on all sides.

Way to divide humanity, Obama.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I feel sorry for Obama sometimes. He has staff so spectacularly tone deaf and ignorant about public opinion and reaction that he gets undermined into absurdity sometimes and I honestly do NOT think Obama himself slows down enough to think some of this through. I think he SHOULD and it's damn sure his job, but I don't think he does.

This name...for instance. My Brothers Keeper..

Am I the only one to have seen the movie New Jack City and make that connection, however accidental, within seconds? I can't hear the name and not think of that rather memorable scene. Searching Youtube brings it up but all I'm finding at the moment isn't PG-13 rated or it's actually a recording of the movie on a RL TV screen. (gasp! The horror!)

Still.. That name vibrates with WRONG... Just.. Wrong.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
As a white person I find this to be quite racist of Obama excluding young white men who are just as in need of help.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

This is very simple.

Any and all charitable contributions made, by either a business or person, are tax writes offs.

You do understand this, right?

um duh yeah I guess I do?
Do not insult me of course I know this I just don't see the problem with them getting a write off. It's not taking anything from the American people and these business owners are giving away their money never to see it again. In hopes of improving life for some underprivledged kid. The write off encourages people to make donations and be charitable. It's a write off for a donation. These businesses are not getting a tax exemption status just paying a little less and providing a kid with a chance he might not have gotten.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by macman

No, what I'm saying is that if it wasn't a black president helping black kids -- no one would have a problem. If a white president created this same program to help the same kids, it wouldn't be "racist".

GWB could have done the same thing, to the same ethnic group and no one would have batted an eye. This is much ado about nothing, except possibly giving some kids a little extra help in becoming productive members of society.

Who cares what ethnic group a program like this is created for anyway?

What if Bill Gates were to announce that he was going to spend $4 billion on a program for disadvantaged white youth.

Do you think there would be any outcry?

The press would perform a virtual lyching on him.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Sorry sweetheart I am Lilly white but I don't have a problem with helping out a segment of society that have been shoved aside for way too long. If you don't know that white kids have had more advantages than black kids then you're just shutting your eyes. Let's stop pretending ok

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
What a crock!

If people are their 'brothers keeper' what the hell do they wait for government for then ?

Basically 'we' are our 'brothers keeper', but that means only by throwing money at them.

It is the same asinine ideology of the 'war on poverty'.

IT is the same asinine ideology of the 'great society'.

Just throw money, and whisper sweet nothings in to their ears.

People are their own keepers.

Not the neighbors.

Not the state.

Not the GD federal government.

And most AA's do not grow up like the Potus did.

They don't live in Hawaii. or go traipsing off the other countries like Indonesia.

edit on 28-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Neither a public charity nor a foundation can pay for or participate in partisan political activity, unless they surrender tax-exempt status including voiding the deductibility of any tax deductions for donors after the surrender or revocation date.

I wonder if anyone will dare try to turn this into a partisan issue...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

First of all, this just another waste and abuse of yes tax dollars to be given away for free and use at will by the foundations that will be getting the grants, as they can be use for private businesses or personal growth.

Yes the government give away free money in the name of minority grants for this type of programs and they are all geared to minority citizens in the nation

So to say that this money is from private foundations is not truth, while foundations do collect money from charity they also qualified for tax free grants and depending the program they are trying to sell they can be quite generous.

And as for Obama to say that he grew up just like the poor minority groups like some of the young people he is claiming to help via this foundations is another lie

Perhaps helping the nation with jobs creations will do better to the nations youth that just turning and eye blind to the unemployment and growing working poor on welfare, but then again lets blame the good for nothing congress that for the last 6 years has turned down Obama efforts to job creation, I guess is better to just throw away tax payer dollars this days.

edit on 28-2-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

tinner07

Yeah it kinda is what I think. Sucks because its the truth. The actual truth is these kids will continue to be members of store robbing flash mobs, pants sagging, barely english speaking criminals that will breed another slew of the same.

What do you want to hear? 200 million will make everything peaches and cream for these kids?
I am saying you start somewhere, that is factory jobs. Some will move up, some will be fired. Those that move up may become CEOs...

If you really knew what you were talking about you would know Hispanics commit the most crimes in America. Blacks just have the highest conviction rate.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by macman

No, what I'm saying is that if it wasn't a black president helping black kids -- no one would have a problem. If a white president created this same program to help the same kids, it wouldn't be "racist".

GWB could have done the same thing, to the same ethnic group and no one would have batted an eye. This is much ado about nothing, except possibly giving some kids a little extra help in becoming productive members of society.

Who cares what ethnic group a program like this is created for anyway?

If GWB started a program like this they would be cheering for him and how great he is for doing it. This thread is just another let's whine about Obama because he is helping black people hatefest.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

What don't I know what I am talking about?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

buster2010

If you really knew what you were talking about you would know Hispanics commit the most crimes in America. Blacks just have the highest conviction rate.

I agree, in certain states closes to the border the jail population now has surpassed that of minority blacks in the nation and growing.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by macman

First of all, this just another waste and abuse of yes tax dollars to be given away for free and use at will by the foundations that will be getting the grants, as they can be use for private businesses or personal growth.

Yes the government give away free money in the name of minority grants for this type of programs and they are all geared to minority citizens in the nation

So to say that this money is from private foundations is not truth, while foundations do collect money from charity they also qualified for tax free grants and depending the program they are trying to sell they can be quite generous.

And as for Obama to say that he grew up just like the poor minority groups like some of the young people he is claiming to help via this foundations is another lie

Perhaps helping the nation with jobs creations will do better to the nations youth that just turning and eye blind to the unemployment and growing working poor on welfare, but then again lets blame the good for nothing congress that for the last 6 years has turned down Obama efforts to job creation, I guess is better to just throw away tax payer dollars this days.

Better to throw away tax payer dollars investing in the people of this nation than to give it away to some other nation. And if you do a little research Obama did not grow up wealthy. The reason why he was able to go to private schools is because he had a brain and used it. Maybe you should read Thomas Jefferson's letter on equality sometime it will be a wakeup call for you.

Equality

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

macman
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

(CNN) – The President has a message for young minority men who grew up like he did. "No excuses. Government, and private sector, and philanthropy, and all the faith communities, we all have a responsibility to help provide you the tools you need. We've got to help you knock down some of the barriers that you experience," he said. "But you've got responsibilities too. And I know you can meet the challenge, many of you already are, if you make the effort."

news.yahoo.com...

President Barack Obama will announce a $200 million commitment from nine foundations on Thursday afternoon to bolster the lives of young men and boys of color. Related Stories Obama launches effort to help minority men Associated Press Obama embraces a lifelong cause: Helping minority boys succeed Yahoo News Obama plan aims to improve odds for minority boys Associated Press 'My Brother’s Keeper': Obama confronts obstacles facing young men of color Christian Science Monitor [$$] President Wields 'Soft Power' to Help Minority Youth The Wall Street Journal The funding is part of a larger initiative from the White House to bring private businesses, nonprofits and local governments together to intervene in key moments in the lives of young black and Hispanic men to ensure they stay in school and eventually train for and get good jobs.

Well, guess the spreading of taxes dollars will get even more glorious.

What a load of crap.

So, another specialized program for a specific group of people, all at the tax payers expense.

And everyone who isn't black can't get their emergency unemployment benefits reinstated, yet black people get this new program instead. Hah, that's funny.

Talk about racist, shouldn't he be helping everyone out?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The truth is, blacks came to the northern cities for high paying factory jobs. That is what history has told me. perhaps it is wrong.

When I said we need more factory jobs for the inner city youth I am chastised. Perhaps we need a CEO program for them instead.

Yeah lets do that. You can't say anything without somebody getting angry.

All I am saying is they need jobs, the best way to get a lot of people jobs is to build something. If that is racist well EXCUUUUUSE MEEEEEE.

Kids need something to look forward to in life. Athlete, rapper or drug dealer isnt much of a selection.

Job training programs for jobs that dont exist is a waste of money.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

buster2010

Better to throw away tax payer dollars investing in the people of this nation than to give it away to some other nation.

Well sadly most of the money that goes to private foundations for businesses and private use goes to waste and abuse, I guess you forgot Obama clean air initiative.

And if you do a little research Obama did not grow up wealthy. The reason why he was able to go to private schools is because he had a brain and used it. Maybe you should read Thomas Jefferson's letter on equality sometime it will be a wakeup call for you.

OH, but we did actually here in ATS, the so call Obama poor childhoods was debunked

Barack Hussein Obama II – Child of Privilege

Let’s examine Obama’s economic background:

His grandmother was a bank vice president, as of 1970. Quite an achievement for a woman in those times. Probably a relatively high-paying position, vice president of a bank. She also attended the University of California at Berkeley and the University of Washington, although it’s said she didn’t finish her degree. Even so, it was not the norm for poor women in 1940 to attend college.

Obama’s grandfather Stanley Armour Dunham also attended the University of California, Berkeley. He may not have finished a degree and may have gone on the GI Bill, but that’s still two grandparents who attended college. Something out of the reach of most “poor folks” in the 1940s.

Obama grew up in Honolulu, not a cheap city in which to live. His first listed address, 6085 Kalanianaole Highway, is in one of the wealthiest areas of Hawaii. That home was a nearly 2000 sq. ft. single family residence, with 5 bedrooms and 2 baths, a little over 10 years old at the time. Looks nice.

More on this if you look at the link.

wtpotus.wordpress.com...

This one is a comprehensive break down of Obama lies about his childhood and when he said the lies and the truth.

Obama's Life Lies

theobamafile.com...

The file is too long to post here but I wish I could because is quite and eye opener

Lies, lies and more lies.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The responses in this thread make me realize how reactionary some of you are.
People don't even read the whole article before they start blaming Obama for everything again.
Even if it is taxpayer money (I doubt it is since it's private sector but maybe someone can prove me wrong) these kids need our help.
Not that it matters, as long as all of you get to keep on blaming Obama for everything.
Until 2016 that is, when it'll be someone else's turn to take all the blame.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

tinner07
The truth is, blacks came to the northern cities for high paying factory jobs. That is what history has told me. perhaps it is wrong.

When I said we need more factory jobs for the inner city youth I am chastised. Perhaps we need a CEO program for them instead.

Yeah lets do that. You can't say anything without somebody getting angry.

All I am saying is they need jobs, the best way to get a lot of people jobs is to build something. If that is racist well EXCUUUUUSE MEEEEEE.

Kids need something to look forward to in life. Athlete, rapper or drug dealer isnt much of a selection.

Job training programs for jobs that dont exist is a waste of money.

so, only minorities need jobs?

there are Millions more whites desperately needing jobs overall.

the inner youth are surrounded by degenerates, their own people.

Maybe more whites need to start knock out games, mob thefts, gangs, etc. then their plight of poverty will become an issue?

basically, the biggest problem child(s) should get an advantage?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join