It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

0bama accounces "My Brother's Keeper" program

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

(CNN) – The President has a message for young minority men who grew up like he did. "No excuses. Government, and private sector, and philanthropy, and all the faith communities, we all have a responsibility to help provide you the tools you need. We've got to help you knock down some of the barriers that you experience," he said. "But you've got responsibilities too. And I know you can meet the challenge, many of you already are, if you make the effort."

news.yahoo.com...

President Barack Obama will announce a $200 million commitment from nine foundations on Thursday afternoon to bolster the lives of young men and boys of color. Related Stories Obama launches effort to help minority men Associated Press Obama embraces a lifelong cause: Helping minority boys succeed Yahoo News Obama plan aims to improve odds for minority boys Associated Press 'My Brother’s Keeper': Obama confronts obstacles facing young men of color Christian Science Monitor [$$] President Wields 'Soft Power' to Help Minority Youth The Wall Street Journal The funding is part of a larger initiative from the White House to bring private businesses, nonprofits and local governments together to intervene in key moments in the lives of young black and Hispanic men to ensure they stay in school and eventually train for and get good jobs.

Well, guess the spreading of taxes dollars will get even more glorious.

What a load of crap.

So, another specialized program for a specific group of people, all at the tax payers expense.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

and more animosity is spread amongst the formerly un-racist poor white kids.

This will backfire, and since most small business owners are white, and many from meager backgrounds.

who will they set out to hire now because of this garbage agenda?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Dude, it's a privately funded project. It even mentions it in the first sentence of your second quote:

President Barack Obama will announce a $200 million commitment from nine foundations on Thursday afternoon to bolster the lives of young men and boys of color.

ETA:

The new initiative will look at what's already being done to assist young men of color across the country and build on best practices. It's brought together foundations and businesses to pledge at least $200 million over the next five years, on top of the $150 million they have already invested.

Source

edit on 28-2-2014 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

And those foundations are operating under tax exemption. And the funds paid out are tax right offs as well.

And I am sure that the Govt won't be adding any additional funds.

So.....

And I am sure that if this was a program aimed at "white youth" every Progressive would be shooting blood out of the eyes.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
and those tax hiding charitable foundations are?
and what are they gonna insinuate into this group?
marxmanship?

like the communitarian in chief?

edit on 28-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1000036/pg1#pid17598foundatio macman[/url]

Did you read your own OP? If the govt is footing the bill who are these nine foundations mentioned in the story?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Where did you get that tax exempt information from? Or is this just something you think is happening?
The story says private businesses, non profits and local governments but doesn'tt name any specific organization or business so I'm just wondering how you know about this tax exempt stuff.
edit on PMu28u0220921282014-02-28T14:21:30-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on PM000000280000000220934282014-02-28T14:34:47-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

LeatherNLace
reply to post by macman

Dude, it's a privately funded project. It even mentions it in the first sentence of your second quote:

President Barack Obama will announce a $200 million commitment from nine foundations on Thursday afternoon to bolster the lives of young men and boys of color.

ETA:

The new initiative will look at what's already being done to assist young men of color across the country and build on best practices. It's brought together foundations and businesses to pledge at least $200 million over the next five years, on top of the $150 million they have already invested.

Source

edit on 28-2-2014 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

1. are those foundations amongst those that receive tax breaks?
2. is Potus supported by tax money?
3 is Potus using tax payer funded time to solicit funds?

taxpayers are gonna pay for this is some aspect!

and how is this NOT discriminatory?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Uh oh, Obama wants to help a minority group!

One in six black men had been incarcerated as of 2001. If current trends continue, one in three black males born today can expect to spend time in prison during his lifetime

NAACP.org

Wouldn't the country be better if those numbers turned for the better? I have serious doubts that if a white president did the same thing for poor, white kids in Appalachia anyone would raise a stink. I'm sure they'll be folks claiming, "I don't care what group it is..." Right.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is racist and will do nothing except line the pockets of a few "minority" leaders. They might as well just keep their money.

200 million dollars is going to do what? build a factory for them to work at or basketball hoops for them to sell drugs at while thinking thats the only way for a black kid to become successful?

The problem with black youth becoming animals and terrorizing cities with the knockout game and flash mobs is there is nothing for them to look forward too.

The majority of manufacturing jobs have moved overseas. In the past, many blacks moved to areas like Detroit to obtain good paying jobs and they made a success of themselves.

As those jobs have moved overseas, whites have moved out, blacks taken over Gov't and the kids have been left with nothing.

At some point we have to separate racism from realism. Whites built nice neighborhoods with stores and industry creating a tax base to sustain the area. Whites move out, blacks move in to the same neighborhoods and cannot sustain the tax base.

WHY?

Until we rebuild our manufacturing base here in America, the black youth of society is going to run wild. Why wouldnt they?

That is the only way to help. 200 million dollars spent on what? job training when there are no jobs to train for? Its just a slap in the face to everybody.

We need to get them away from the thug mentality that the music industry romanticized, but as of now what choice do they have?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It always amuses me when the op rants without reading what they posted then when somebody esle reads their article and tells them what is in it they respond with sure but.... make something up. Anway this is a very GOP style program, getting the private sector do something. Sometimes I think Obama is a closet Republican.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

The president is using tax payer supported time to do presidential work. Oh my what a surprise. Or are these young men of color not Americans?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

tinner07
This is racist and will do nothing except line the pockets of a few "minority" leaders. They might as well just keep their money.

200 million dollars is going to do what? build a factory for them to work at or basketball hoops for them to sell drugs at while thinking thats the only way for a black kid to become successful?

The problem with black youth becoming animals and terrorizing cities with the knockout game and flash mobs is there is nothing for them to look forward too.

The majority of manufacturing jobs have moved overseas. In the past, many blacks moved to areas like Detroit to obtain good paying jobs and they made a success of themselves.

As those jobs have moved overseas, whites have moved out, blacks taken over Gov't and the kids have been left with nothing.

At some point we have to separate racism from realism. Whites built nice neighborhoods with stores and industry creating a tax base to sustain the area. Whites move out, blacks move in to the same neighborhoods and cannot sustain the tax base.

WHY?

Until we rebuild our manufacturing base here in America, the black youth of society is going to run wild. Why wouldnt they?

That is the only way to help. 200 million dollars spent on what? job training when there are no jobs to train for? Its just a slap in the face to everybody.

We need to get them away from the thug mentality that the music industry romanticized, but as of now what choice do they have?

oh I see the blacks of course would work in a factory, sell drugs or play basket ball. There are no other options? No CEOs in the bunch. No lawyers, no business owners? You don't see a problem with the way you think?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to

Did you read your own OP? If the govt is footing the bill who are these nine foundations mentioned in the story?

macman
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1000036/pg1#pid17598656]post by LeatherNLace

And those foundations are operating under tax exemption. And the funds paid out are tax right offs as well.

And I am sure that the Govt won't be adding any additional funds.

So.....

And I am sure that if this was a program aimed at "white youth" every Progressive would be shooting blood out of the eyes.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Donations are still tax exempt.

Regardless if it is from a business or person.

Oh, it was never mentioned who these "Donors" are. Maybe from those people making donations to the 0bama campaign that were located outside the US???

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

So, stating that the recipients wouldn't complain, regardless of what group they are from is your platform??

It is crap.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I did read it.

The money used for this special program, is a tax write off for either the company or the person. Thus, the tax payer foots the bill.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Oh, so his presidential duties are to work programs just for a specific race or group???

Geez, thought he was the President of the United States. Not of Poor Black Males.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by HanzHenry

The president is using tax payer supported time to do presidential work. Oh my what a surprise. Or are these young men of color not Americans?

By EXCLUDING white kids?

good choice

those 'of color' have a MUCH higher rate of committing VIOLENT crimes than the excluded group.

Why help them? i dont care what happens to them.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

The story doesn't even say who these foundation members are except to say private businesses, non profit organizations who are probably tax exempt for that and local governments. But you're sure they are getting tax breaks and favors and basically sticking it to the American people. Boy oh boy. Maybe we should move this to the prophecy forum. We have a genuine psychic among us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join